Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

Only trouble with doing a straight KR swap is then air box/fuel/engine management unit will be on the wrong side, being on the right in a 16v Scirocco and on the left in a 16V golf..

Yeap, and 'rocco manifolds fetch silly prices because of their rarity and people wanting to use them for 16v G60 conversions...

Would it be that much work just to mount it all on the left?

I hope not because I am going to be attempting the left hand side mounting, I'll see how it goes. I'm sure I can make it all fit, will probably have to shorten certain lengths of pipework and use longer fuel lines. Failing that, it'll get stuck on carburettors.

Was it you who was with Mr. Song?

Carbs are alot less effort as theres so much less stuff you need!

...If you get a manifold to match them and not just f*ck something together like me >_< Not too much you can do with K-Jet really.

Who came with me the other night was Edd Potts ~ Dave85 on here. I was just around at Kris's house (he's a good mate).

I'm going to try the K-Jet system first as I've read it's more reliable when using higher lifting cams than carb's though I think this is going to be very much trial and error :P

Try again :P Its in Gaelic. Didn't know anyone even spoke that any more.

What the hell kinda language is Gaelic?! Isn't that like..Scottish?

There is Irish Gaelic and Scottish Gaelic. Everyone here has to learn Irish in school (for 11 years). Only certain areas (Gaeltachts), speak Irish the whole time. The rest of us just speak it badly or when abroad and don't want people to know what you're saying! :P

Steve

Bugger, that sucks, they are known to dislike being intact a little.

If I remember correctly, the 8v box's wont bolt on, and the lupo's are closer to a golf box than a polo. So I'm not really sure there is anything. To be honest I think you just need to find another 16v polo box.

If you find that an 8v box is compatible, I've got a 5 speed close ratio one knocking around doing bugger all. Although I could do with using it to take measurement/do test fits for the minis front sub frame.

Not that its any use to you, but I know a guy selling a golf box, rod change, 1.6 mk1 GTI ratios, Rebuilt 200 miles ago with a brand new quaif ATB diff and a few other shiny bits. £800

Woo, got a message last night from a local guy saying I can definatly have a set of wheels off him as the other buyer has pulled out. :D , Teledials hear I come. OR to be mosr specific, these Teledials:

DSC_0008.jpg

Bugger, that sucks, they are known to dislike being intact a little.

If I remember correctly, the 8v box's wont bolt on, and the lupo's are closer to a golf box than a polo. So I'm not really sure there is anything. To be honest I think you just need to find another 16v polo box.

If you find that an 8v box is compatible, I've got a 5 speed close ratio one knocking around doing bugger all. Although I could do with using it to take measurement/do test fits for the minis front sub frame.

Yea I was always waiting for the box to go, it's been whining for a while now - I was just hoping it would last long enough for me to have the cash to refurb it before it went. No such luck! Might just sell the car as is to someone who can be bothered with it and get something else.... If it would fit, and you wanted to get rid of it, how much for your close ratio box?

I offered it to a friend of a friend a while ago for £50, so I guess that would be fair, its not a low mileage one, but when it was in my polo it didn't crunch in the slightest and there's bugger all play in the selector. You'd probably wanna stick new oil in it, but that's kind of given with fitting a new box.

When I say close ratio I mean that I'm fairly sure 5th on this box is the same as 4th on the 4 speeds, so don't expect mega mpg on the motorway, but its a good laugh around town and in the back roads.

Although like I say, I'm afraid I've got a feeling the valvers are a different fitting.

Cool, well the box is of a 1.3l Mk2 Coupe S if you need to know when looking/asking.

Only issue is that I'm kinda far away, so you'd have to take the cost of postage into account, baring in mind the wait it's possible but not all that easy for one person alone to carry.

Cool, well the box is of a 1.3l Mk2 Coupe S if you need to know when looking/asking.

Only issue is that I'm kinda far away, so you'd have to take the cost of postage into account, baring in mind the wait it's possible but not all that easy for one person alone to carry.

That's a very valid point... I've got a lot of research to do tomorrow it seems! The other option is to rope a mate into a road trip lol.

could you not find a engine and gear box and just change the lot? Maybe up the engine size? I know there a pain to find.

Also anyone selling a cheap car in there area? one that works, road legal etc etc. Would LOVE a Jetta but under £300??

Missions to be honest, and I need to keep the engine size down for insurance at the moment after a drink drive ban. Might have a look into that a bit though...