What You Scared Of?

Mr_Pitbull

I dunno...i havent really been riding long enough(1 week) to decide what i am scared of. I seem to find most stuff reasonably easy. But im sure i will find railgaps a B*tch. And for whoever is scared of losing there teeth, dont worry it doesnt hurt. mine where knocked out by a hockey stick. and it doesnt hurt!!!

Thats all!

From lee

Hey

to be honest i dont really have much guts :$ but when it comes to hights or anyhting like that (bungey jump diving board slides rides i dont mind), its just on a trials bike :blink: what can i do to build up my guts ??? :unsure:

cheers (Y)(Y)

Hey good topic (Y)

I`m scared off droping off stuff and landing it wrong

I get scared when i back wheel i wall and not staying on your back wheel and going off the other side lol

i`m abit scared off going for a gap and landing it on my bash gard and braking something

And finaly am scared off my dad, when i tell him that my bike as broke again lol :D

Bolty....................

Ok, so before at this skatepark where my school is, I went ontop of the jump box, hopped onto the grind bit, then gapped onto the lil grass bit on the other side.

The gaps over concrete too.

I was there today, And I just couldn't get confidence to do it.

From faceplanting before (think that story's in the first page), It'sknocked my confidence with stuff like that.

It sucks.

I was having good bits, and bad bits in riding today.

Did a few new things, new lines etc. Which was good.

Other times I just couldn't do stuff.

Like gapping to this small concrete thingy. Like those things you get for water things i nthe ground.

Whatever they are, I gapped to one that was only about 20" high.

But I landed next to it, scraped my dropout down the side, and fell over, nearly in the road with a car quite a distance away.

That scared me, but it didn't hurt.

There you go, a load of rabble by me, that sort of has a point. (Y)

Iam scared of well just f**king up my bike really :D

iam scared of breaking it when hitting wall,dropping of stuff,trying to gte onto stuff everythong in trials really

its seems all my bloody bikes break...lol :D

And that would be why they all break. You're scared of breaking youre bike and its making you think about it, if you just try and realise that it's only a bike and that its completely replaceable and just forget about it when you're riding you should find you stop breaking them. Out of mind out of ermmm.... realms of it possibly happening? :huh::ermm:

I don't like rail gaps. I wouldn't say scared i just don't like the way they feel when i'm on them. The thought of plowing into a tree at 30-50 mph when downhilling scares me quite a bit, but everythings going so fast you don't really have time toi think about it anyway. There are brief moments when i'm about to tap a wall that will scare me, when you kind of stand back and think "f**k me thats huge!! i'm not doing that" i just try and give it a go anyway, usually after several failed attempts i get enough confidence to smack it and jump enough.

Hey, great topic. I am new to trials, but i always find the most scary thing is when I am trying to balance on a narrow wall ready for a drop off or a sidehop. when i am there, just doin small granny hops ready for the lift n kick, i just freeze then fall. it's not the pin that bothers me, it's the tention and i something in my head just sys. "stop, you shouldent be doin this". I lift my front wheel, anf hlf way through the kick, i seem to black out, and then end up on the floor. lol, it can be funny alot of te time, but if you keep tryin it over and ob=ver again, it get fustrating and you keep oin worse. so i think its good to just take a breathe sit down for 15-20 mins, then try again. balancing on narrow walls is scary. :(

Geraldo (Y)

To be honest not that much scares me, i try most stuff i see

but usually if i dont do it, its because im more bothered about "will this f**k my wheel up and will i have to wait a week for a new un" :ermm:

becuase i hate not riding

if i had 4684864568 rear wheels ide be loving it! :)(Y):-

Edited by Dw@Hulltrials

Iam scared of loads of things in trials basically i need to build up my confiedence a fair bit....iam scared of narrow walls they really shit me up lol...erm what else oh yer pulling to far back when i hop and afraid that i might hit my head on a concrete wall e.t.c i just nheed help in building my confidence up thats all any help would be appreciated unluess your advising to just drink whisky.........hmmm......jack d's and coke hmmmm yummy anyways yer

:D:P

i am scared of my brakes failing.............well there is a 10 foot wall near my house and belting it along there and trying to endo it makes you follow through!!!its happend before and i ended up in the casulty department of bath RUH :

Edited by t-pro kid

Rail gaps definatly..and backwheeling things because as said up there somewhere ^^ i will end up going over the bars because i cant keep it to backwheel yet...or dropping and leaning too far back and lopping out..that hurts lol...

zoo

Ive not got anything that scares me, just when im about to do something i always have thoughts of what could go wrong e.g. gapping to something but theres nothing to put my tyre onto once ive gapped so i'll always think my front end'll drop and i'll faceplant into my bars.

sam

As far as trials goes, I'm scared of anything to do with rails even if it's a tiny drop-gap onto a rail. Hate railgaps, hate jumping onto rails, over them.

Otherwise, I'm afraid of lifts which is rather unconfortable taking into account that twice a week I have uni classes on the 17th floor. I'm also afraid of the staircase in that building because I can feel milions of tonnes of concrete above me in one "room" (if you can call a staircase a room). Scared of heights, don't like standing in front of a very large ledge (ie. a roof) because I feel I might accidentally want to jump or step fowards. Hate spiders running loose in my room, if I see one I normally react worse than a woman, despite breeding 9 tarantulas two of which are loose in my room and probably already dead :(

• 3 years later...
Not scared exactly, but when I push myself to go bigger on sidehops, as i crouch down ready to jump, my whole body sortof goes floppy, and I just put a foot down.

It's really annoying me, and seems to happen on random days, even when I know I can do the sidehop, after doing it the day before, it's as if my body gives up on me.

Does this happen to anyone else, or am I a weirdo and should I be banned from trials and be kicked in the fringe with an elbow?

! Alun

dont worry mate! it happens to me too im gettin roughly 38-40" sidehopping,one day i can do it the next i cant.what i do to stop this is focus on the top of the wall! hope i helped.

beeeenjiiiiiii! XD