Koxx Pads

Pauly

now i know we have a pad thread but im not interested in anything else other than koxx pads and peoples experiances with them.

urm well ive currwently had 3 types of koxx pads which are blues browns and greens. i found that with my greens they were great but they kinda sucked when they worn down to about half of their life, the browns were just crap it could be becase i set them up dogey and i had a koxx rim but jugeing from what i have seen on other peoples bikes they suck anyway, then there is blues i loved these pads and have gone through 2 sets now, the first set was awesome they had so much bite and lock and i was outstanded by their performace but anywho they worn down over time as i like to grind my rim after every time it rains :- and i got another set but this time i got a dogey set, at first i noticed that the colour pigment was slightly different on each pad but i didnt think anything of it, anyway i put them on as usual my brake owned but i found that one side was wearing extreemly fast so i had to result in putting a old pad on to compensate. i would just go buy another set of blues but 18 quid for a set of pads that could wear down within a week or 2 i dont like the sound of so i was thinking what they yellows and reds were like now my mate has had a pair of yellows before any they sucked but he was useing tar with them on a crap grind so .. and the reds i havent heard much about and look quite promiseing to me so if anyone could share some infor that would be great.

also if anyone has had any problems with koxx pads liek i have let me know

please dont post in here saying buy heatsink or any other pads im not interested in them

cheers

Pauly

My Koxx greens on a Try-All have lasted for a hell of a long time. Over 6 months, at least. All, all, all good. I grind my rim every 3-4 weeks to keep it fresh, and they've just taken it. On a fresh grind, they're incredibly good.

Luke's Koxx Levelboss came with some Koxx browns on and they seemed to be pretty rad on a grind too, although I think I'd still stick with the greens. Hudson's got some on his bike too and they seem to full-on dominate on his bike too.

one of my brown pads has ripped off the backing, which is quite gay, but fortunately I had a spare, but that one looks like its going that way. but thats just the glue failing, the pads are just awesome and have lasted about 9months with well over 1/2 the compound left.

Wel i have been on a mates bike and he runs koxx browns but i actually hate them i think they slip and slide, I used to run plaz on a koxx rim and oh my god that was very good grind or no grind, People may say plaz turn crap in rain but i think there ok at all times.

greens didnt last long!!!! wtf!!! my greens have worn maybe a mm in the time i have had them off mark. i grind my rim a little too often too :( lukes koxx browns are amazing. i had a go on a bike with reds they were really really good.

Edited by mat hudson

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Apr 19 2006, 02:44 PM)

Sorry to try and hi-jack your thread, but what are the best on a koxx rim. And work well-ish in the rain?

Cheers,

Joe.

Tryed Cousts?

Waddys were good. Really good.

He cut his to smaller ones I think.

Mat

iv had browns for over a year and they are really good, not as great as monty x-hydra's but last loads longer. not had any other colours yet

and mat has a mavic rim so his brake is gonna be better cus it will have decent grind :-

My Koxx browns were shat. They always slipped.

And they wore down my grinds in like..2-3 days! - And I'm too lazy to put a gresh grind on all the time.

With a bit of tar, they were OK.

But I got plaz after that. And we all know whet they're like. ;)

My Koxx browns were shat. They always slipped.

And they wore down my grinds in like..2-3 days! - And I'm too lazy to put a gresh grind on all the time.

With a bit of tar, they were OK.

But I got plaz after that. And we all know whet they're like. ;)

Im complete opposite. My mate grinded (? ground ?) my rim once whilst I had my plazzies and they were amazing! then it wore down so I regrinded (reground whatever) it and the plazzies were absolute sh!te (N) put the koxx browns on and its a completly different story :o

My browns are still going pretty well considering the appaling state of my rim

i asked the man in the koxx shop at koxx days what the difference between each colour of koxx pad and he smiled and replied ''..just ze coulour..'' that was it, according to him they are all the same! but then he was french and had a silly beard... :blink: .

Personally i had koxx browns when they first came out and thought they were pretty good and lasted damn well ages too. bought a set of koxx yellows at koxx days which are also very hard compund and they weren't so bad either, however i did a fairly-scientific test on my bike recently, i set the rear brake up absolutely perfectly, no toe in , no funny angles, pads hitting the rim absolutely in unison and the TPA only 1/4 in with a fresh bleed and a new grind on an Onza rear rim and tried 3 moves on the same wall all with 3 different sets of pads the results were as follows;

Koxx yellows - good but minor slippage under extreme pressure

Plazmatics CRM- not as good, would slip under fair pressure and felt too soft

Heatsink reds w/CNC backing- superb, the tiniest hint of slip under the heaviest of loads

but, just to confuse you all even more, Vincent Hermance uses plazmatics :S

greens didnt last long!!!! wtf!!! my greens have worn maybe a mm in the time i have had them off mark. i grind my rim a little too often too :( lukes koxx browns are amazing. i had a go on a bike with reds they were really really good.

The greens wear a bit at first, but then settle down nicely. Mine wore quickly for the first little bit, about a mill for me too, but then just settled down and have lasted ages. Probably just happening with your's too, 'cos your's were basically brand new.

I am quite tempted to try the greens or browns, as my current red heatsink wear down a little too fast on my grind (manuals and shiz...) and i think something harder is in order. I have been impressed by kevs browns, they last him ages!

I will be fitting them into heatsink vee backings, so how the fook do i get the them out!

I have had koxx bloxx blue now for about a month they have much more bite than the browns i feel, they are wearing from what i can see hardly not at all, i donno if they will last as long as browns had my last pair of brown for about 1.5 years. can always buy another pair.

:)

Dan.

I will be fitting them into heatsink vee backings, so how the fook do i get the them out!

Oven, 160 degrees, kills any glue I've tried, then just peel the pad out!

Clean the backings with paint thinner or similar strong stuff, then glue the new ones in!

Oven, 160 degrees, kills any glue I've tried, then just peel the pad out!

For fan-assisted ovens, consult your manufacturers recommendations.

For everyones information, i've found Plaz CRMS to be pretty shite on harsh, fresh grinds, but awesome on worn grinds.

For fan-assisted ovens, consult your manufacturers recommendations.

For everyones information, i've found Plaz CRMS to be pretty shite on harsh, fresh grinds, but awesome on worn grinds.

the man speaketh the truth!

just went from cousts straight to plazmatics on the same grind, they kick arse!

plazmatics for the min in dry weather :D

overall for winter months i would say koxx yella's from what i've heard/tried out on other peoples bikes.