Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

i want a girl friend.....i have no confidence or self belife in my self anymore :(

i hate being on my own :(

I hear you. I would like a bitch to share my life with in a meaningful sense but, alas, due to my depression and unconventional ways I think it's a recipe for disaster - so says my last two relationships anyway. Nor am I a particularly confident person with the ladies although that changes when I meet one that can hold a decent intellectual dicussion.

I really like the idea of a semi coventional life with a woman and a job that I enjoy but I don't reckon it's going to happen. Most likely in a few years I'm going to end up in a monastry somewhere practicing meditation and being celibate :blink: . It's probably for the best but I can't help thinking I'll be missing out on something with a female :(

edit: eh?! It changed my "I hear y.a" to "you"? (ignore the full stop) What's the deal?

Edited by Ben Rowlands

i want a girl friend.....i have no confidence or self belife in my self anymore :(

i hate being on my own :(

At the risk of sounding harsh, learn to live without them before you try and learn to live with them. If you're going into things quickly while things are already volatile enough then nobody is going to come out well from it. Work on what's going on with you first, then start thinking about that. Baby steps yes, but a lot better for everyone involved in the long run (Y)

+1

same here man. sucks

+1 again x)

Started chatting and texting with one a few weeks ago. She's very busy and only texted about half the amount, BUT seemed pretty interested (she brought up the idea of meeting up again soon before I could, didn't see her for a few months actually..). Now after she asked why I actually started chatting to her "so suddenly" (not how I would put it) and I answered pretty truthfully I didn't get an answer back [i did text a few times afterwards too]. I re-read the message about 50 times and could not find anything which would make her not want to write back or so.

Confuses the fk out of me + hardly can sleep with it like this. I always seem to be waiting.. -.-

It really just feels like you got a pretty good mate and lost everything again in a few days. (i really could tell her anything. Even more than I can tell my oldest collegues, pretty strange :$ )

Just gotta hope that something else pissed her off and not me. Or that there's a problem with her phone or something. Though I, because of my low self-esteem and my life seeming to go into nothing atm, still can't get the feeling away that i fked something up horribly...

Guess all have had that once in a while. Still feels bad though..

Guess my post might be confusing as always..

Now after she asked why I actually started chatting to her "so suddenly" (not how I would put it) and I answered pretty truthfully I didn't get an answer back [i did text a few times afterwards too]. I re-read the message about 50 times and could not find anything which would make her not want to write back or so.

Confuses the fk out of me + hardly can sleep with it like this. I always seem to be waiting.. -.-

So you've been trying to get on the right side of this girl, with a view to bagging her as a girlfriend? And you told her this straight up? I think that might be your problem :lol:

"I started talking to you because I really, really want a girlfriend and I like you LOADS" (or words to that effect)?

Number one thing to say, to scare someone off? :lol:

That and the fact you're texting her twice as much (and then some) as she's texting you, even if you didn't tell her how desperate you are, it's pretty obvious from how much you're harassing her!

Gonna have to play it a hell of a lot cooler than that if you're hoping to get anywhere with any girl, ever!

Edited by Jolfa

So you've been trying to get on the right side of this girl, with a view to bagging her as a girlfriend? And you told her this straight up? I think that might be your problem :lol:

"I started talking to you because I really, really want a girlfriend and I like you LOADS" (or words to that effect)?

Number one thing to say, to scare someone off? :lol:

That and the fact you're texting her twice as much (and then some) as she's texting you, even if you didn't tell her how desperate you are, it's pretty obvious from how much you're harassing her!

Gonna have to play it a hell of a lot cooler than that if you're hoping to get anywhere with any girl, ever!

Nope, not really like that. lol Would have been no need to post anything about it if I would have done that, because my iq should be high enough to have seen the problem x)

+ I actually wasn't texting double the amount, but having double the amount written in one message ;)

Well, she texted me this morning saying that she basicly was too busy to write back. :S

Nevermind. Atleast i got something that isn't really negative about anything! :)

I didn't get an answer back [i did text a few times afterwards too].

+ I actually wasn't texting double the amount, but having double the amount written in one message ;)

Trying too hard! Needy is not an attractive quality!

Well, she texted me this morning saying that she basicly was too busy to write back. :S

"I didn't text back because you told me your intentions and then wouldn't leave me the f*ck alone"

At least she was nice about it ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5OaqUMplBQ, solving all of life's problems since 1994:

It's a war of the sexes, never get it blurred,

I beg that you learn, 'cause she's cleverer.

How attracted to you she is to you is partly your gab,

But it's multiplied by how little of you she can have.

Oi, the reason girls flirt is to work out their worth,

Whereas the men just hanker for the panky to happen,

Retain this fact I'm hammering, this fact is gonna matter,

What little you think you're letting by her sly,

She senses you're near her and smells your desire,

The general rule of mine, her intellect will be higher,

Your task is to make her notice you fast but hanker when you don't close in after,

She knows she can get most dudes but she mustn't know about you,

If you screw this all up and then lose all your cool that's when she ends up liking you as a friend,

You're not playing hard to get,

You're playing at not getting a hard-on yet.

Edited by Ninja Manatee

+1 again x)

Started chatting and texting with one a few weeks ago. She's very busy and only texted about half the amount, BUT seemed pretty interested (she brought up the idea of meeting up again soon before I could, didn't see her for a few months actually..). Now after she asked why I actually started chatting to her "so suddenly" (not how I would put it) and I answered pretty truthfully I didn't get an answer back [i did text a few times afterwards too]. I re-read the message about 50 times and could not find anything which would make her not want to write back or so.

It really just feels like you got a pretty good mate and lost everything again in a few days. (i really could tell her anything. Even more than I can tell my oldest collegues, pretty strange :$ )

Just gotta hope that something else pissed her off and not me. Or that there's a problem with her phone or something. Though I, because of my low self-esteem and my life seeming to go into nothing atm, still can't get the feeling away that i fked something up horribly...

Guess all have had that once in a while. Still feels bad though..

Guess my post might be confusing as always..

Ha, exact same thing has happened to me in the last two months or so, only difference is i told her how i felt, then she got with a boy who lived 40 miles away for about 3days, split up then she startedd talking to me again and is now "in love" with some boy shes never met. so i f**king give up

i told her how i felt

That's exactly where you're going wrong! Same problem again - too easy! All you're good for is an emotional punchbag when the unobtainable guy f*cks her off, and nothing more! It doesn't matter how much she messes you around because she already knows she could have you if she just clicks her fingers.

That's exactly where you're going wrong! Same problem again - too easy! All you're good for is an emotional punchbag when the unobtainable guy f*cks her off, and nothing more! It doesn't matter how much she messes you around because she already knows she could have you if she just clicks her fingers.

Meh true, beyond giving a shit now anyway haha. Girls just seem to piss me off

Agreed. I'll be careful with what I say, because I actually didn't really spill the beans about my intesions yet.

Edited by Hopping_Topsy