Trial Noir Dvd

Stephen Morris

I thought it was pretty good, although for some reason (not riding ability) the James Porter section didn't flow as nicely as the others. The editing was fine and the music was neither insipid nor particularly exciting. The Ashton section was really good once you got past the nostalgic opener, Wayne's section was very good as well, although the medical photo seemed a bit out of place. Finally, the Chris Akrigg section was amazing, really really inspiring riding - like Earthed 3 but much longer.

The only problems I had with the dvd was that the camera work was a little dodgy at times; sometimes brilliant angles, but other times a little amateurish, but it's not a professional video so I'll quit complaining. Also there were the odd parts with no music at all, the opening of the Chris Akrigg section for example... it just seemed a bit hollow for 20 seconds or so.

So in closing, a very good dvd, clearly not a professional production but very solid all the same.

You may now talk amongst yourselves.

Mine dropped in today too, and I'd say it was well worth the money. Stand-outs for me were the Ashton (I actually liked the whole nostalgic bit at the start, just a kinda cool look-back through Martyn's career, which helps put into perspective just how long he's been pwning us n00bs :P) and Akrigg sections. Akrigg's flowing, smooth lines through those weird block/stone things were awesome. Just so smooth, and such a really unique take on them. All good (Y)

James and Wayne's sections were cool too. Some pretty mad riding. Ben Hemmingway's was kinda nice, just cool to see what the motorised versions of us are doing.

The only section that didn't really seem to fit was Chris Smith's. The riding was cool I guess, but it just seemed out of place with the rest of the trialsy stuff?

All in all though, definitely worth the money.

P.S. Wayne's finger: brutal!

that video was emense.

its good to see ashton is still pulling some mean shit.

porter an waynio are just savage.

and lets be honest, who wouldnt suck off akrigg if he asked you to?

fred

somehow i had seen most of the old ashton footage - which was annoying because i wanted to see his stuff more than all the others

having said that - the akrigg stuff on the big square blocks was some of the most beautiful and inspiring riding ever on a trials bike.

worth it just for that.

that video was emense.

its good to see ashton is still pulling some mean shit.

porter an waynio are just savage.

and lets be honest, who wouldnt suck off akrigg if he asked you to?

fred

What ever people want to get upto in the modern world of street trials is ther own business.

But can i be the first to say " no i wouldnt" <_<

(Y)

I agree with everything that Stephen has said the start of this thread. Although I thought the montage at the start of Ashton's bit was pretty cool. There was some riding in the extras that I was very confused as to why it wasn't used for the main video... made for a great extras section!!

Inspired me for sure, went out in Woking last night and I did some stuff I wouldn't normally do!

Jonny.

Great DVD, with some mint riding from all. Shame there was no eddie or hawyes (not even in the extras) :(

Was a little short at only just over half an hour, and the intro was a bit weird :S But the riding made up for that.

Well worth the money

Great to see a new vid with ashton in again, remided me of the old days of tricks and stunts and chainspotting :)(Y)

The Rise (the band) its NOT the lucky one, its in the credits Akrigg has just told me (Y)

nice to see some positive feedback. chek the "Blog" out @ trial noir.com read chris wise words.

the problem is getting the riders together, can be quite hard. maybe something will come of other riders in the next one......................

Waynio.........................

Got mine today.. Always cool to see a biketrials dvd. But I think Get 1 was much better..

Seems to me that there was not put as much effort in filming/editing in this one.

But maybe that's just me..?

=)

Edited by tipus

LOL!!

mike, if your struggling e-mail nick @ trial noir,if you want a COPY ASAP il get you one off Akrigg or come to the shop for your copy????

Porter, you'll get yours love!!!!

The Trial Noir DVD is different as there is not 1,000's of people stood in the back ground. i think that sometimes makes it (to some people) different and not as good. but different people will have different opinions on matters (Y) each to their own :)

Waynio........................

LOL!!

mike, if your struggling e-mail nick @ trial noir,if you want a COPY ASAP il get you one off Akrigg or come to the shop for your copy????

Porter, you'll get yours love!!!!

The Trial Noir DVD is different as there is not 1,000's of people stood in the back ground. i think that sometimes makes it (to some people) different and not as good. but different people will have different opinions on matters (Y) each to their own :)

Waynio........................

cheers wayne, i will wait till tomorrow though and see if i turns up then :)