• £4.75
    • £5.00
    • £5.25
    • £5.50
    • £50.70
    • £6.00
    • £6.25 +

Just wondered really as I have a newish job :-

I get £7.00 an hour currently and work 8.5hours, one day a week. I'll increase my days in the hollidays, so I'll be in megga bucks :D

Do you think its fair how much you get payed?

Ah forgot to add, what is your job?? I work in a caravan show room :P

Edited by member1495

I got £5.20 for working at the co-op over summer when i was 20.

* The main rate for workers aged 22 and over is currently set at £5.05 an hour. On 1 October 2006 this will increase to £5.35

* The development rate for 18-21 year olds is currently set at £4.25 an hour this will increase to £4.45 on 1 October 2006

* The development rate for 16-17 years olds. This rate is £3.00 an hour. This will increase on 1 October 2006 to £3.30 an hour

Depends on the event but can vary from £300 for the day or down to as little as £5.63 per hour. The hours are random an can be long can be short its a mix of both and is quite nice to be honest. Im freelance a/v engineer and technical assistant in theatre's. The best I've had so far was 17 hours at £36 per hour but that was immense amounts of work and after a 9 hour shift. It may sound like I earn a lot but because it's quiet I dont get much anymore. Off to uni soon so will get myself in some debt :(. Oh I'm 19 by the way

£4.35 an hour working as head bike mechanic at the biggest bikeshop in blackpool. Im nearly 22. I think its a f**kin piss take!

It's assentally illegal. It's well below minimum wage.

Complain, and also ask to be reimbursed for the money you lost. Your intitled to it. And it could be alot if your worked there for a while.

When i was a cleaner, i did 2 hours a day, 10 hours a week at £5.50 an hour. 220 a month.

Now i'm a web developer i don't know what i get an hour, but its 40 hours a week earning 11k a year, which i believe works out to about 5 quid an hour.

Jeeeeeeeeesus are wages that horrible in england? I would shoot myself if I was getting less than 13 usd an hour...hourly wages are no fun, go salaries! My 20 year old friend just got a job for 52k american a year; puts me to shame :(

wow- and to the bike shop guy...my roomate just started at a bike shop, he gets $10 an hour. Mechanics get $15 an hour to start, and go up from there. $15 = 8.0312684 pounds :dunno:

I'd ask for a raise :)

Delivery driver 17 hours a week while i'm at uni. £10.40 an hour

I don't think i've ever worked for less than £5 per hour, even when i was super young. I think its wrong than anyone gets less than that. It shouldn't matter about their age to that extent imo