Rear Rim Time

mavic

Right, new rim time, i have been running the old echo cnc'd rim for about a year now, it's held up ok and looks nice, but its got a flat spot and enough dents. I like my gap drops and drops every now and again and im a bit stuck what to get for my new one.

i have gathered that the nutters out there at the mo, eg damon watson and cap and ben from hull are running onza ronnie or reggie rims?... damon an alex?.

James ports is currantly running a koxx one donno how thats holding up.

yer people like TRA and vince are running koxx but they are like silly smooth?.

So any info hunis.

thanks for your help

Dan.

i have gathered that the nutters out there at the mo, eg damon watson and cap and ben from hull are running onza ronnie or reggie rims?... damon an alex?.

Ronnie i swear by them . i have turned 1 into what can only be described as 10 over lapped pringles!!

however that was a 2nd hand rim came with 3 grinds and i grinded it a further 4 times ran it for 9 months

and im not the smoothest rider!!! any rim (or component) that lasts me 9 months ill get another one!!!

Ronnie drilled... (then if you want drill BIGGER rims)

Ronnie ***!!

Ronnie i swear by them . i have turned 1 into what can only be described as 10 over lapped pringles!!

however that was a 2nd hand rim came with 3 grinds and i grinded it a further 4 times ran it for 9 months

and im not the smoothest rider!!! any rim (or component) that lasts me 9 months ill get another one!!!

Ronnie drilled... (then if you want drill BIGGER rims)

Ronnie ***!!

Hmm i see man well thanks ill see what other say :).

I don't think TRA's all that smooth, but he is big 'n' burly. The Try-All rims aren't bad to be fair, but it seems people are plumping more for the Onza rims...

Yeah i have really been considering one of these koxx jobs.

Have looked, bit on heavy side for me :) thanks for your input lads :).

I would say get a Hog .... i've heard quite a few good things of them. I've been running a drilled ronnie for about 7 months now and it's finnaly completely fooked only after 5-7grinds, i don't think the grinds were super harsh, mates think i go a little bit mad with the grinder as i like a good grind but anyway.

I've just orderd another Ronnie, this time i've got it undrilled and i'll be running a smooth rim with Zoo pads so i've get less chance of getting big dents as i won't have to grind every few weeks.

I would go with a Ronnie or a Hog, both good rims and will take a blasting,

Your choice.

I'm sorry that just made me gigle. :lol:

both good rims and will take a blasting,

Like that??

I'd go for a Ronnie, whatever wheel I have, I have it built with a ronnie. Good rims, take grinds well, stays true, only dented one thats about 14 months old, and has had over 10 grinds.

Good rims.

Hmm i see man well thanks ill see what other say :).

Yeah i have really been considering one of these koxx jobs.

Have looked, bit on heavy side for me :) thanks for your input lads :).

Keep in mind that's an undrilled weight, once drilled it will be considerably lighter. (Y)

I would say go for the Hog, i think it is a really good rim. Ive had mine for about 9 months i think, had plenty of grinds about 20 and i have only ever dented it once and the dent was not even that bad. oh yer and it has eyelets yay.

i will be gettin another one when my one dies.

(Y)

ronnies would be mint if the sidewalls were normal size but since there really big they dent stupidly easy, tra isnt smooth on his biggest moves hes gappin miles and im sure hes pretty heavy and his koxx rims seem to take it pretty well, so either a koxx rim, hog rim, or a dx32 :)

Also need to change my rear rim (05 Echo CNC) and I'll probably be getting a Try-All 2006 which has been remodeled and is apparently much stronger. Don't go for Echo although they have also re-designed their rims. Other good rims? Viz - maybe. DX32 - certainly, but as you said it is quite hefty.