As/a Level Results Thread

Phatmike

ICT - C

Geography - C

Physics - D

General Studies - B

Critical Thinking - E

So not pleased, but im into loughborough to do engineering with foundation year. I may retake the physics papers next year, as i study physics in the first year of my uni course (Y)

U in General :$ I did take the piss on all the papers, in one paper i wrote 'PREMATURE EJACULATION' down the left hand side, then started each line with that letter, but unfortunately i couldn't think of any word begginging with 'P' for the first line, so i wrote, "Perhaps the question should be....." :lol: (I got 9 out of 120 for that paper anyway! :lol::P )

ahah nice one :D

in my gcse RE 2 years ago, i started writing about drive-bys and grand theft auto :- tis fun to take the piss sometimes

U in General :$ I did take the piss on all the papers, in one paper i wrote 'PREMATURE EJACULATION' down the left hand side, then started each line with that letter, but unfortunately i couldn't think of any word begginging with 'P' for the first line, so i wrote, "Perhaps the question should be....." :lol: (I got 9 out of 120 for that paper anyway! :lol::P )

in my gcse RE 2 years ago, i started writing about drive-bys and grand theft auto :- tis fun to take the piss sometimes

In my maths GCSE paper I wrote seveneleventeen as the answer to a algebra question I couldnt do.

From worst to best, these are my As results...

Maths, D (f**k)

DT, D (really f**ked off about this, I genuinely thought the exams went really well, and my teacher told me my coursework was an A, turns out it was a D)

General Studies, C

Physics, B (f**k YES :D )

Photography, A (LOL, the one subject I'm quitting because it's shit)

Anyway well done to all you doods who got their places in the uni they wanted.

Are we supposed to do anything now then? My ucas track hasnt changed, doesnt say ive been accepted or anything.

If you've spoken to Lboro, I wouldn't worry about it. UCAS are being bombarded by different companies and individuals now so they're gonna be slower than a drunk Nikki.

If you've spoken to Lboro, I wouldn't worry about it. UCAS are being bombarded by different companies and individuals now so they're gonna be slower than a drunk Nikki.

I havent spoken to loughborough either. Should i phone them? Or is that for clearing only?

I havent spoken to loughborough either. Should i phone them? Or is that for clearing only?

Were your grades good enough to meet the conditions of their offer though? 'cos if they were you might just get a letter from UCAS confirming where you want to go. Calling Lboro couldn't hurt, but just bear in mind they're gonna be maaaaaaaad f**kin' busy.

Were your grades good enough to meet the conditions of their offer though? 'cos if they were you might just get a letter from UCAS confirming where you want to go. Calling Lboro couldn't hurt, but just bear in mind they're gonna be maaaaaaaad f**kin' busy.

Yeah, my offer was 2 Cs and i got them, so im in.

Just got through to ucas and im in (Y) woo hoo :D:D

My bro got:

Maths - A

Further maths - C

Physics - C

Just got mine and I got the same as that (ACC) plus another C for Chemistry

Hopefully off to Birmingham, although not sure if I need to do anything. (They gave me an offer of BBB for the MEng course, and BCC [which I've met] for the BEng, should I keep trying to call them just in case?)

Hoping for a letter from UCAS tomorrow to confirm stuff, but would be nice to know whats going on now really! :P

what is clearing? ive heard people say about it but nobody has explained it

as for my AS results oh my god i did poorly im going to have to re do this year i think, im glad in a way though because i was doing business, ICT, maths and english lang+lit and i really didnt like any of them so maybe il change to media, business and something else. anybody know if media is any good?

what is clearing? ive heard people say about it but nobody has explained it

as for my AS results oh my god i did poorly im going to have to re do this year i think, im glad in a way though because i was doing business, ICT, maths and english lang+lit and i really didnt like any of them so maybe il change to media, business and something else. anybody know if media is any good?

If by "Media" you mean Media Studies, I don't think it's worth doing. It's not an A-level anyone really gives any kudos to, if you get me? Just try and think what you'd like to do as a career, see what unis want for that, then work from there.

Clearing is where you basically don't get the results you need so you "go into clearing", and it basically means that universities with spare spaces can go through the clearing pool and pick up people they want.

I'm pretty gutted actually - ish.

B in Business Studies (120/120 in Unit 2!) so gonna re-sit unit 3, get 16 more marks and get it to an A.

C in DT which is pretty expected, but I'm gonna re-do a piece of cwk i f**ked up on and got an E so that should bring it up to a B I hope, 'cos it's worth loads of marks.

E in Economics. I just f**ked up. Units I got 36/90, 36/90 and 60/120 which are U, U, D I think, meaning I scraped an E. Sweet 'eh?

I'm gonna re-do units 1&2 in Economics, try my f**king arse off and see what happens.