Zoot With A Seat?

CurtisRider

146 members have voted

1. 1. does the seat look gash?

• yes
    • no

ok, i tried to fit a proper seat, to a seatless bike, im undecided as to whether or not i like it, tomorrow the seatclamp arrives, so i will try it. basically the idea was to help prevent me smacking my ankles on the frame when doing 180s and stuff, as well as provide a perch for my bum :) next step is to try and make myself and joerothwel a leeson style clamp with the post integrated :) itll look a tad tidier (Y)

[attachmentid=7234]

[attachmentid=7235]

post-5322-1159301561_thumb.jpg

post-5322-1159301596_thumb.jpg

i quite like the seat :)

you should keep it if it makes your riding more comfortable too (Y)

yeah, im not that fussed by looks, but its always a bonus :) nice to share it with others too

I'm strangely undecided, although I think I'm going to have to say take it off, just doesn't look quite right! :-

Possibly quite useful though, so... :unsure:

Does it make a huge difference with the ankles?

yeah im not sure about it either, is it possible for thing to be so wrong that they are right? :P ill soon find out about the ankles thing, once the seatclamp arrives :) oh yeah and if anybodies interested, its a thompson post cut down in there, hence such a low height :)

You know what I think, (last night I got about 1/4 of a pint for you (Y) Tonight I'll try and double that.)

i hope you have filled it by now ;)

I think THAT particular seat is gash, but with a better one it could look pimp ;)

ahh that seats awesome, weighs fag all and has a little cut out at the back so the it can go real far back without scraping the tyre :)

why not just stick on an ashton seat ?

i dont quite think itll fit? also, that still doesnt get around the ankles hitting frame problem, this seat sticks out enough to help prevent it :) which was the main idea

looks smart with a seat, all i can say is get a little one, to save weight and it will not get in the way as much, but that looks fine.

i dont like mini seats, and that gets away from the reason i wanted to run one, for ankle protection and an arse perch, also save weight? this is a fooking light combo, ti rails and stuff like that all keep the weight down :)

thanks for the feedback guys, allllso, does anybody like my front wheel? i finally got it built

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest, I'm thinking about getting a Zoot and the only thing putting me off is the lack of a proper man's seatpost...

So how did you do it? Is it a proper welded jobbie or 'developed' in some other (easier) way? Was it a pain in the ass to do?

From here it looks like you've welded up a plate with a bit of tube in the middle and bolted that on. Am I right? ;)

Cheers man.

- Jez

Just out of interest, I'm thinking about getting a Zoot and the only thing putting me off is the lack of a proper man's seatpost...

So how did you do it? Is it a proper welded jobbie or 'developed' in some other (easier) way? Was it a pain in the ass to do?

From here it looks like you've welded up a plate with a bit of tube in the middle and bolted that on. Am I right? ;)

Cheers man.

- Jez

He used the seat post adapter off a t-rex, which also fits nicely onto the zoot.