Ooo! What Is This Rob Has?

Tall_Rob

New Kool chain out boys and girls.

Just as strong as the normal one but lighter as they have drilled out the pins and removed material from the links on the areas that don't come under stress.

£16 big ones, bargain!

Rob

[attachmentid=7293]

(mobile pics again, sorry)

I remember posting about these about a year ago.

They can't be as strong surely, and the amount of weight they actually save is the same as a fart.

I wouldn't touch anything other a normal KMC cool or a KHE.

...also, your paying twice as much for a chain that's *fractionally* lighter and weaker.

Edited by JT!

there weak, my mate had one and snapped it within 2 weeks and hes not even a hard rider, the are definately weak.

Why, just cause your mate snapped one?

Im loving the KMC Kool single speeds though. they awesomly strong!!!

I used to snap chains nearly every ride, intill i got a KMC kool, and now its very rare i do!!

a chains weakness or strength can be controlled by the joining of it.

like alot of people are saying its not alot of weight less and a bit of weakness extra. it looks trick and pimp for the people that have a bike that is a fashion item, then this is the chain to have.

if you dont care and aint much of a weight weenie then the normal kmc is the chain of choices.

a chain mainly breaks EVEN kmc kool chains after bashing/trapping them on a wall.

Waynio...............................

New Kool chain out boys and girls.

Just as strong as the normal one but lighter as they have drilled out the pins and removed material from the links on the areas that don't come under stress.

£16 big ones, bargain!

the bold part rreallyscared me until i read the rest.. well i guess they have done their research so hopefully they have done the best thing for it.. let us no how it holds out mate (Y)

If I remember correctly, then it had a tensile strenght of something like 900kg, while the normal Kool has 1300kg, therefor it being weaker than the normal Kool. Though it is still stronger than a normal XC chain which has a tensile strenght of 600-700kg.

If you've already bought it, then i hope you have a nice rider-chain relationship :) . But, if you haven't then i wouldn't bother paying £10 extra for something that gonna' be about 10 grams lighter, and will probably snap within a week :ermm:

Cheers,

Joe.

Cheers for the input boys.

My boss said they were new so thats what i thought. Thought i was being kind letting people know if they didn't already, oh well!

Haven't put it on yet, haven't paid for it yet either.

I'm not a big weight saver. My bike is quite chunky with a heavy back end so not too fussed about weight.

But when you save weight on loads of small parts on your bike it will all add up in the end and you will notice the difference.

And yes, just putting this chain on won't make a huge difference.

Rob

If I remember correctly, then it had a tensile strenght of something like 900kg, while the normal Kool has 1300kg, therefor it being weaker than the normal Kool. Though it is still stronger than a normal XC chain which has a tensile strenght of 600-700kg.

This man speaks the truth, as listed in the KMC catalogue in front of me:

The K710 (1/8th inch Kool chain) and K810 (3/32th inch Kool chain) both have a breaking load of 1300KG

The K710SL (1/8th inch Kool chain super-light) has a breaking load of 950kg, while it is 20% lighter than the standard K710

That's a 37% increase in strength for a 20% increase in weight, if you ask me, stick with a standard Kool chain, or to save a few grams and get a better fit on mtb sprockets, get the K810.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...