Hands

White Ranger

Hi People,

My calysis's on both hands hurt so much! I have 3 on each hand under my fingers and they kill!!

I'm so disappointed as this is the only thing that lets me down with trials and i can't ride as long as i would like to! Plus i cant be the only person that gets them so lets have ideas how to get rid of them....

I've been told use nail clippers on them, burn them with a lighter!? or use vinegar!? :blink:

None of those worked so lets have real ideas! Come on pro's let us in on your secrets!! I'd be so greatful!!

bear with it. :lol:

if you would like to get rid of them when you get in the shower (if you do) :P

get a pummice stone on it and scrub away in the bath/shower.

continuously do this every day and moisturise them at night and they will become soft(Y)

i had this problem and it was reaaallllyy bad!!! and now my hands are softer.

your mum will know how to get rid of them so if you want help...ask her!

max.... :rolleyes:

Hi People,

My calysis's on both hands hurt so much! I have 3 on each hand under my fingers and they kill!!

I'm so disappointed as this is the only thing that lets me down with trials and i can't ride as long as i would like to! Plus i cant be the only person that gets them so lets have ideas how to get rid of them....

I've been told use nail clippers on them, burn them with a lighter!? or use vinegar!? :blink:

None of those worked so lets have real ideas! Come on pro's let us in on your secrets!! I'd be so greatful!!

i have the same problem mate , somtimes so bad i have to stop for the day . i didnt have the problem with my old gloves but i do with the new ones. so what i do is wrap bandages around the area you described i only wrap it around about 2 or 3 times so its not to thick then i put my gloves on , and its problem solved no more pain try it (Y)

mine are hurting at the moment because i haven't riden for 5 weeks due to a broken toe. you will find that they just get harder and stop hurting..... if you don't wear gloves then wearing them could help.

just moistorise em or what ever hand cream crap your female family member has. lol.

get rid of the dodgy downhiller grips with the stupid writing on (you know the ones) - they just shred your hands up whether you wear gloves or not.

You want grips with almost no patterns on at all - foam is good but doesn't last long, some nice thin bmx grips are what you really want.

I get the same problem, but I think my handlebar grips are a bit crap because they are the lock on type that have a layer of hard plastic under the grip. I'll get some new ones soon.

When they get bad I wear two pairs of gloves. I don't think my gloves are that great either.

Over time they should improve as your hands get tougher.

Can anyone recommend some good gloves (non leather) and grips as I'm not sure what to get next.

Cheers (Y)

Leave them.

It'a your body making your hands harder, to resist against the constant rubbing.

Eventually they shouldn't hurt as much.

And if they hurt when riding, give ten minutes(whilst still riding) and they should feel better again.

Just something you have to deal with.

stop being such a pussy, we all have to deal with them, its just one downside to riding trials.

LOL coming from you Ash!!! I've ridden with you before and just complained at every thing and every one so i'm not going to listen to your rubbish!!!

As for everyone else your info really helped and a credit to the forums.... :D

LOL coming from you Ash!!! I've ridden with you before and just complained at every thing and every one so i'm not going to listen to your rubbish!!!

As for everyone else your info really helped and a credit to the forums.... :D

maybe so, but ever about my hands, i think not

EDIT: also who are you, and what bike do yuo ride, and where did we ride together?

Edited by ash-kennard

I have about 13 years worth of calluses and they hurt like f**k occasionally, simply because they get TOO thick and hurt my hands when they crease over...

I find that a stanley knife and 9 hours sat around bored everyday at work helps them a lot...DO NOT use gay hand location, it'll soften your hands and instead of calluses you'll get blisters!!

hi

unfortunatly the best thing to do is to put up with them untill your hands harden up ive had them since i was 10 but now i dont feeling anything and if that doesnt work try and invest in some gloves (Y)

hope ive helped

I REPEAT : OAKLEY FACTORY PILOT GLOVES! They look and they are awesome! (Y)(Y)

i use 661 skinz gloves they are the best have lasted me a good while of riding basialy every day. i also use ruffian lockons off my dh bike and i have never had eny hand problems. they will get better if u just leve them to dry out and go hard. dont use any of this woman moisterizer stuff, only women use that stuff.