Winter Riding

Mr_Pitbull

Basically was out riding today and after about 4 hours i was f**ked. This is because my bodys using the energy to get warm instead of other things etc which i need for power moves and what not......anybody else go shit in winter? and find you need to have a break........i feel im going to be in the same position as i was last winter! and going to get really frustrated with myself on warm up sessions!

Discuss!

To the gym with me i think!

Edited by Mr_Pitbull

Yer i do have the same sort of problem i ended up really tired quicker than normal.

Also my fingers get cold espcailly the braking finger meaning i cant grip the brake lever as well as i would like to. This means i dotn have as much convidence in my brake as i should.

I also find because there is parts of my body that arnt as well rapped up my body is trying to warm up but my back and arm pit areas are boiling.

:angry: dam winter :angry:

ahh others that feel the same as me.

its very annoying, but just get on with it lol. the shitty dark evenings are annoying.

yea that really suck, i could go riding till 10pm in the summer, but its dark at 6pm already now :(

and yea i get exhausted alot quicker, i always fall asleep now when i come back from a ride

Whatever the temperature I'm knackered after 4 hours riding!

The cold fingers bother me more although I do wear gloves in winter. I don't find that the rest of my body struggles to keep warm, more like it's a relief from sweating out in the summer.

was pretty much dark at 4.40 today :(

Yeh its an absolute joke - I can only get an hour / hour half in after school in the light :( Do you guys like night riding?

Going back to the discussion I dont find I get knackered more quickly I just find it frustrates me like my ears being freezing and my arms being on fire.

Also I feel less hard when its cold - like if I stack im just gonna get detroyed but when im warm all over I feel alot more safe.

Phil

night ridings ok, I dont know if its the same for everyone else, but my vision goes a bit pete tong with town lighting, I cant judge distances or hights, so I crash lots.

I also dont like the way I have to take extra clothes, I always take them off because I get hot, then ride off and forget them and then get cold.

sorry lads i disagree, last nit was one of the best rides I ever had in the freezing baltic up in glasgow with clear skys and stars out with shimmering moon light lighting my lines. I was riding with some local bmxers n they kept me happy and laughing with there stories of borat....lol."throw the *** down the well so our country can be free"lol..........happy days with the old street riding. get a wicker top n youll all be fine with a cotton top over the top. (Y) like the sorts of a glasgowstreetriders.com tee....lol

Hey,

i don't want to sound all healthy and Sh**.

but since your body takes a lot of his energy to keep worm, you need to supply him more energy.

and that starts before the ride, you need a good meal 4 hours before the ride. and while you ride you need a lot of food that brakes up fast, to keep the body up and running.

Since we consider trial a sport and ourselves as athletes we need to act like one.

i have been eating right for the last 6 months, and i found out that it really helps.

i recommend. :)

Hey,

i don't want to sound all healthy and Sh**.

but since your body takes a lot of his energy to keep worm, you need to supply him more energy.

and that starts before the ride, you need a good meal 4 hours before the ride. and while you ride you need a lot of food that brakes up fast, to keep the body up and running.

Since we consider trial a sport and ourselves as athletes we need to act like one.

i have been eating right for the last 6 months, and i found out that it really helps.

i recommend. :)

haha steady on! I agree with taking in more energy but it's (in my opinion) abit full on to like wake up at a special time or plan when your meal is going to be just because your gonig for a trials ride. If it was like competition maybe I'd think differently.

All you need for Winter is Lucozade and twix's. :P:)

Phil