Ive Got A Wedding Shoot:)

Davetrials

Rather you than me! There's a lot of pressure for wedding photos, especially if you're the only photographer. If your camera breaks or whatever there will be a lot of unhappy people...

However, if they've hired a pro and asked you to take some shots too then it's all good! Don't get shots of the big setups, but instead go for unusual angles and quirkier shots.

Rather you than me! There's a lot of pressure for wedding photos, especially if you're the only photographer. If your camera breaks or whatever there will be a lot of unhappy people...

However, if they've hired a pro and asked you to take some shots too then it's all good! Don't get shots of the big setups, but instead go for unusual angles and quirkier shots.

theve hired a pro and he invited me to go along with him, so hardly any pressure:P

Why when people mention photography do posts start going up about nudes and taking dubious photos of kids? Unless it's a nudist wedding, I doubt very much there would be any opportunity for such things.

Sorry if I'm being a bit touchy this morning, but this is an artform that means a lot to a some of us on here. On top of that, doing something like a wedding - even in a non-pro capacity like Dave - is a lot of work and pressure to try and get a few good shots so the happy couple have a few more memories of their big day.

Sorry if I sound like a whinging git, I blame lack of sleep.

Make sure he didn't want you to go along as an assistant, as opposed to someone taking more pictures, if you get me? Equally, try and watch what they do to get some tips, just 'cos the more you do that the sooner you'll be that pro, getting the lion's share of the money and so on.

Lol This is pretty wierd :P

Frontal Media have been hired to do a wedding reception photo shoot for someone we know :) I'm shitting it haha.

It's at Brooklands hotel in Barnsley next Saturday, and we're the only photographers. We've just been sorting the lighting out today. Renting some soft boxes for it, as the flash centre in Leeds have recommended. Should be a good evening.

:)

Edit Just been talking to some other people about it and I'm really unsure about what lighting to get sorted. Grr. It's indoor with really low lighting. We want to ensure that the groups of up to 12-15 people come out fine, so are probably going to shoot at F/4 ish. Recycle time isn't great on the Sigmas once the freshness of the new batteries has died, but it does let us move rooms easier, and have less equipment to worry about. The soft boxes were recommended since they'll give soft, more natural light so that shadows should disappear, as well as letting us use F4 easily. Meh.

Edited by Nick Carter

Why when people mention photography do posts start going up about nudes and taking dubious photos of kids? Unless it's a nudist wedding, I doubt very much there would be any opportunity for such things.

Sorry if I'm being a bit touchy this morning, but this is an artform that means a lot to a some of us on here. On top of that, doing something like a wedding - even in a non-pro capacity like Dave - is a lot of work and pressure to try and get a few good shots so the happy couple have a few more memories of their big day.

Sorry if I sound like a whinging git, I blame lack of sleep.

i'm with you on the nonce joke but upskirts take a great deal of skill to shoot properly

as for opportunity - how long has it been since you went to a wedding reception? memories of the last one I went to come flooding back as im lying on my tummy,dry humping my mattress almost every saturday morning

oo, too far ?