Help Me Please.....

horner_boi

hi guys, just recently bought a vauxhall corsa, 12 years old but in good condition, but as you can imagine the interior is a bit dull and its jus grey and black, right this is where i need help i know what im doing when it comes to modifying the engine, body and sound system, but i dont have a clue what to do about the interior, i dont want to get rid of the seats, they really quite comfy for but i want to get the whole interior retrimmed and i was wondering if anybody knows where i can get this done, i dont mean jus the seats i mean everything, door cards, seats, the roof lining and so on....

please can people help me, oh yea if anybody knows where i could get cheap front seats from as the driver seat is a bit sqweeky, i cant think why :- anyway any advice would be great, thanks just drop me an email and i will get back in touch

horner_boi_316@hotmail.co.uk

ian

modifying the engine
What? As if there's any point modifying a 12 year old Corsa engine! Do you really believe that the bog standard K&N + 'Big Bore' + 'Amazing booster power super blast valve' mods will give you that extra 25bhp they promise?

DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH!

As Joe says, save your money - you won't get it back if you try and sell the car. And interiors are shite anyway - if the seat's comfy, that's all you need to worry about, I mean, when you're driving your eyes should be on the road, right?

yeah I have to agree im afraid. Tuning the engine is going to be pointless because its so small. If you want to re-trim the inside then I can't see a problem with that, but I'd do it yourself so you learn a bit more about the car.

I suggest you spend as little as possible on it, use it for work and that so you build up your no claims, AND THEN buy a better car and do that up

think of the future. really

thanks for the feedback guys, i forgot to mention one thing im gettin the air filter and exhaust now n thats it because in a years time im have a 2.0ltr 16v astra engine dropped into it that is going to be brand spanking new so thats why i want to do up the interior because car wise its a sound car, and the engine isnt to bad either, 12 years old and only 39k on the clock never tampered with and has a full service history to prove it

thanks for the feedback guys, i forgot to mention one thing im gettin the air filter and exhaust now n thats it because in a years time im have a 2.0ltr 16v astra engine dropped into it that is going to be brand spanking new so thats why i want to do up the interior because car wise its a sound car, and the engine isnt to bad either, 12 years old and only 39k on the clock never tampered with and has a full service history to prove it

Just keep the astra that the engine comes with.

ok a few things you guys arnt understand here

1 - im putting an astra engine in my car, im not buying and astra, the engine that the car is suposed to go into is about £13k and im paying £3k for engine, gearbox and brakes and all fitted

2 - i dont want just car seat covers and metal mats as i want the whole interior re doing because the interior dash and everything going to be upgraded, it wont look like a corsa but will feel like one to drive

3 - why do you people not understand, all i wanted was some help from people who might know where i can go to get things done, but all you seem to do is put my idea down

so you want to replace the front seats? or have them re-covered?

If its replacement then surely a breakers yard will have loads kicking around that you can buy. If you want them re-covering then have a look in Yellow Pages for car interiors/finishing/whatever.

or have I completely misunderstood the question (highly likely)??

1 - im putting an astra engine in my car, im not buying and astra, the engine that the car is suposed to go into is about £13k and im paying £3k for engine, gearbox and brakes and all fitted
WHAT? Three grand for an Astra engine to stick in a 12 year old Corsa?! You could buy a damn good 2L Astra for £3k, like a TDi or something like that.

Or you could buy a pretty decent RS Turbo (yeah yeah insurance I know...). Seriously - who pays £3k to have a new engine fitted in an old car? IN AN OLD CORSA?!

ok a few things you guys arnt understand here

2 - i dont want just car seat covers and metal mats as i want the whole interior re doing because the interior dash and everything going to be upgraded, it wont look like a corsa but will feel like one to drive

3 - why do you people not understand, all i wanted was some help from people who might know where i can go to get things done, but all you seem to do is put my idea down

What astra are you getting it out of, because no mk3 or mk4 LET would cost £13k these days. you could probably get a 2.0T Sri astra H for that price. You can buy a complete MOT'd Mk3 Gsi with a redtop in it for 3k (or not much more).

As for the interior just sign up on corsa-sport.co.uk and get a second hand GSI interior or something and a more up to date dash. Retrims are a waste of money unless youre going all out.

The point people are making is dont waste money on big exhausts (as they actually reduce power output due to there being less back pressure) and a lot of vauxhalls (not sure about corsas) suffer from heatsoak, so any induction kit will also do nothing but make things worse, a more common mod with VX's is a modified airbox and larger intake pipe, or to get something like a BMC CDA. Engine mods tend to be quite specific to certain manufacturers these days so i'd look into options and the pros and cons before buying things you may well not need.

Ive see threads like this time and time again on car forums, people saying "i just want to do this and this, stop moaning at me, its personal choice" but the fact is that one day they'll finally think "actually, they were right". IMO look past how people word stuff and see it as an education as opposed to a slagging. A lot of people on this forum have probably been there, done that, and sat back wonderig why they bought that silly exhaust or spent £100 on those shiny tail lights.

edit: also, as for squeaky seats in a 12 year old car, thats something you'' never fix. Takethe seat out, clean everything up and amke sure its all done up tight again.

Edited by planetxpimp

WHAT? Three grand for an Astra engine to stick in a 12 year old Corsa?! You could buy a damn good 2L Astra for £3k, like a TDi or something like that.

Or you could buy a pretty decent RS Turbo (yeah yeah insurance I know...). Seriously - who pays £3k to have a new engine fitted in an old car? IN AN OLD CORSA?!

Not the same engine but my mate dropped a 2.0l calibra engine in a nova and it does fly..., but then again he did get the engine for free!!

I'd do it for the shock factor to other drivers.

pul up next to some minter of a car, he thinks hes mint. You, having an old car that looks like a shed (might not be) absolutly tan it off the line and he cant keep up. is so much fun when that happens.

Do it, dont listen to people on here, if you want to do it, then do it. Dont stop people from doing what you want to achieve in life. (Y)

I'd do it for the shock factor to other drivers.

pul up next to some minter of a car, he thinks hes mint. You, having an old car that looks like a shed (might not be) absolutly tan it off the line and he cant keep up. is so much fun when that happens.

Do it, dont listen to people on here, if you want to do it, then do it. Dont stop people from doing what you want to achieve in life. (Y)

trouble is he wouldnt be having a car that looked like a shed, cos itll look done up. remember when my mate had a 2.08v lump in his nov, beats redtops to about a ton, still had it totally standard on steelies, 1.2 badge on the back, now that had shock factor.

as for the whole doing this to a car, seriously suggest not paying 3k to get it done, do it yourself, for a few hundred.youll learn more, save money, and ultimately get more respect. dont really think all these people who send there cars to midas,carisma,mynheer, calder coach works etc are anything at all, so what there rich, end of it, and theyve chose to blow 20k on a corsa. whereas, yes i drive and always have driven none standard cars, but all the work, excluding paint(i did prep myself), is all done by me,means that for the money, its not as bad(my whole car, including the car itself,kit,wheels, interior, private plates, paint, materials etc has cost me £200 more than its gunna cost you for an engine transplant). but at the end of the day, its my car, worked on, maintained, and done up by me. also ive learnt skills that may come in handy elsewhere, its occupied time which id of wasted down the boozer,and i can look back and think, ive done that, rather than the people who use companies to do it all,who look back and think"i had 20,000 pound coins there"

by all means go and blow 3k on an engine transplant, its your cash, but dont think its the wisest way to do it. also, your asking for advice on interiors etc, would be better of asking elsewhere on a lot of car matters, yes theres some car enthusiasts on this forum, but i should imagine 90% of them have little time for people who appear to be boy racers in chavved up 1200 cc motors(not saying you are, but modding a 12 yr old corsa, makes you sounds like every other burberry wearing ned). if you want tf opinions, youve pretty much had it, which is either do it yourself - few of tf, or dont do it all - rest of tf. if you want info etc on interior retrims, best off using forums such as corsasport.co.uk, or your local cruise/krooz/kroozin/kruizin forum for local people wholl do it.

Edited by trials_punk182

remember when my mate had a 2.08v lump in his nov, beats redtops to about a ton, still had it totally standard on steelies, 1.2 badge on the back, now that had shock factor.

Err how? Redtops are 2.0 16v's.

Also this corsas a beast, ran 12second quaters. Check the vids on post #32 if theyre still alive. http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxhall/ca...ec-corsa-2.html

cheers guys for some positive feed back i have taken it all in, still want to drop a big engine into a little car, just want tha wow factor, my mate has a red top corsa, fast as f**k, can beat any subaru from the lights and even chases porsches but his car is still a corsa and people just dont see it coming, and thats what i want, just to really piss people of who spend 20k on a brand new motor like a porshe or something or new evo or scooby where as i have spent about £5k and i will be able to do the same spends, may not have the name badge but who cares when you cant see it when you in the car. so thats why im going all out and changing everything so it just doesnt look like a corsa interior.....as for the advice, many thanks, topic can be closed now, i have heard what everyone had to say

ian