Bored Prawn+can Of Paint=new Looking Bike.

Prawny Baby

well, ig ot bored a few days ago, as seeing as the zona graphics are so AWFUL, i thought id do something about it!

found a few brand new cans of smooth white hammerite lying around, so thought id put them to good use!

painted it saturday evening, then baked it overnight so it would be hard enough to ride on sunday, using my custom made bike oven! (frame box upturned over a very hot mini radiator, frame was too hot to touch!)

anyway, i think its a bit different, and ive not seen a white one yet, i really like it!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

just needs new brake pads all round, and new tyres now, and she will be awesome!

Got any pictures of this frame oven, im intrigued!

ill get you some piccies after lunch matey, its really SO simple!

i dont have a frame to stick in it atm, but basicly, you stick the frame in the box as usual, and put a skewer through the BB shell, so when you flip the box over, the frame hangs entirely by the BB shell upside down in the box, its over an electric heater thata about 2ft long, suspended on whatever makes the right height :P

with the heat rising, and being trapped in the box, it heats the frame up REALLY nicely!

temperature inside the box was around 70 degrees, and the surface of the top tube was 100degrees!

why the hell did zona make those frames that colour anyway imo they would have sold alot more if the decals were better and the finnish of the frame was a little different.

im sure some people bought the frame for the king head set.lol :-:P

of course people may like the frames as they are new but the ones ive seen painted new have been ALOT nicer. B)

is there any new zonas coming out this year or is the geo so good they dont have to?? ^_^

is there any new zonas coming out this year or is the geo so good they dont have to?? ^_^

got it in one! i really think its about perfect, not too long, not too short, not too heavy, not too light!

You not seen mine.

Any bike with silver forks...cannot be nicest...and them echo rimss :sick::sick::sick::sick:

i reckon the silver forks compliment the stem nicely joe, and the bars compliment the headset.... i wouldnt want to spray the forks black, i almost did, then realised it would look lame.

rims are ronnie and reggie, as i have been running for years now :P

love them, just need to drill them out to 25 and 22mm!