New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

Onza I think you should change the shape of your carbon bars to that of a higher rise such as the Trialtechs/Monty/Koxx Rage but keep the 28/30" width. They'd be really light weight, really strong, and really quick to sell.

It's refreshing to see a non French company make a push.

And in the sense of costs too, Onza are definately the cheapest pro spec frames on the trials market, and in such bad economic times.

I've already boycotted the overpriced Deng and Try-All stuff about, its just ridiculous when another company can produce a frame with the same amount of dedication/thought at nearly half the price.

Onza I think you should change the shape of your carbon bars to that of a higher rise such as the Trialtechs/Monty/Koxx Rage but keep the 28/30" width. They'd be really light weight, really strong, and really quick to sell.

We shall be discussing this next week when we are in Taiwan.

Make that two. I was thinking about one of them and I tested one on the london ride, they are sweet as f*ck, give me one now!

good good, Andrei's or Scotts?

And in the sense of costs too, Onza are definately the cheapest pro spec frames on the trials market, and in such bad economic times.

I've already boycotted the overpriced Deng and Try-All stuff about, its just ridiculous when another company can produce a frame with the same amount of dedication/thought at nearly half the price.

Thanks Tom, kind words. How is the Limey 20" holding up for you?

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any more news on the limey 3s yet as I can not wait to get my hands on one!

I brought 6 back with me from Taiwan last week, Unfortunately they are all for team riders. It will be soon though.

On another note, We had a great week in Taiwan and have produced some great ideas.

We also brought the Limey 3 20" version to test out. Would post a picture but weight, Colour and geo is not final so I dont see that much point. What I can say it this one is 1.6KG and will only get lighter and its a spitting image to the 26" version.

oh and brought back our new Onza Limey crankset too. See pic.

OZCW0016-Crankset-Onza-Lime.jpg

I brought 6 back with me from Taiwan last week, Unfortunately they are all for team riders. It will be soon though.

On another note, We had a great week in Taiwan and have produced some great ideas.

We also brought the Limey 3 20" version to test out. Would post a picture but weight, Colour and geo is not final so I dont see that much point. What I can say it this one is 1.6KG and will only get lighter and its a spitting image to the 26" version.

The new product range of onza's is starting to look really good.

I dropped you a pm joe... geez a shout if you get time!

I want it!!!!! Even without seeing it i want it! what is the geo on the test model?

I want it!!!!! Even without seeing it i want it! what is the geo on the test model?

Well its come 1000 wheelbase +70 BB and 350 CS. May change though. Like I said it looks the same as the 26" version so I'm sure you can picture it.

The main reason for no picture is that the pait factory has shown a new anodizing process where you have two colours on it. They have shown this off by doing some strange graphics on the chain stays and back stays. Oh and I have a completely new prototype that I would love to show off but again the paint factory must have been on LSD when they anodized it.

I personally like paintjobs that are a bit different.

Have you guys thought about getting in the whole 24" market?

I would also love to see some new stocks coming out that look like real bikes again like a seat post etc, with a more streety geo. :)

Well its come 1000 wheelbase +70 BB and 350 CS. May change though. Like I said it looks the same as the 26" version so I'm sure you can picture it.

The main reason for no picture is that the pait factory has shown a new anodizing process where you have two colours on it. They have shown this off by doing some strange graphics on the chain stays and back stays. Oh and I have a completely new prototype that I would love to show off but again the paint factory must have been on LSD when they anodized it.

Sounds perfect, I'll take one. 72º HA I assume?

Just whack some pics up anyway Joe, you know you wanna ;)

Joe hasn't fully explained about the frames. We were approached by an anodizing company who do a new process of a very tough anodizing which they could do in multiple colours and patterns. They offered to show us what they can do and so we let them loose on our prototypes. What they have done showcases an excellent process which we will probably use. Unfortunately some of the panels they have done look a little like a bizarre hieroglyphics.

When we have released pictures of prototype graphics or fledgling web pages in the past, many TF readers assume its set in stone and some early comments can be very stinging. Joe is much more sensitive to this sort of thing than I am and this explains his reluctance to release pictures. I will try and get some pictures posted tomorrow but if I do please remember that the crazy graphics are not our design and we have no intention of using them.

I can predict that now I have said that, you will all be raving about how good they are.

Joe hasn't fully explained about the frames. We were approached by an anodizing company who do a new process of a very tough anodizing which they could do in multiple colours and patterns. They offered to show us what they can do and so we let them loose on our prototypes. What they have done showcases an excellent process which we will probably use. Unfortunately some of the panels they have done look a little like a bizarre hieroglyphics.

When we have released pictures of prototype graphics or fledgling web pages in the past, many TF readers assume its set in stone and some early comments can be very stinging. Joe is much more sensitive to this sort of thing than I am and this explains his reluctance to release pictures. I will try and get some pictures posted tomorrow but if I do please remember that the crazy graphics are not our design and we have no intention of using them.

I can predict that now I have said that, you will all be raving about how good they are.

Well judging by what you class as a good paint job on the current models it wouldn't surprise me if they were actually decent paint jobs.

The limey cranks look tasty, might have to get a set when they are out just to match the bike. ;)

Can I just ask if there are any plans to produce a set of forks to accompany the new 20" pro model frames? I'd love to see a white fork with appropriate stylyings to match the frame.

I could imagine something like this http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=13 but with a green steerer and some nice drillings like the headtube area on the frames.

The limey cranks look tasty, might have to get a set when they are out just to match the bike. ;)

Can I just ask if there are any plans to produce a set of forks to accompany the new 20" pro model frames? I'd love to see a white fork with appropriate stylyings to match the frame.

I could imagine something like this http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=13 but with a green steerer and some nice drillings like the headtube area on the frames.

samples are being made, Don't you worry. :)

The Dual 20" Proto and the Limey 3 20" Proto, As said in the thread above the paint jobs are not final.

dual-20-1.jpg

dual-20-2.jpg

dual-20-3.jpg

dual-20-4.jpg

dual-20-5.jpg

limey3-20-1.jpg

limey3-20-2.jpg

limey3-20-3.jpg

limey3-20-4.jpg

Edited by Joe@Onza

Please note that what we keep referring to as "paint jobs" on these frames are in actual fact 100% anodized. All the graphics and colour changes are in hard anodised finishes, even the silver high lights. There is no paint or any decals, anywhere on either frame. We were very impressed and will be using the system in the future. (But not with these graphics)

Edited by Mike Poyzer @ Onza

Yeh I'd loose the two-tone finishes to be honest, powdercoated colours are all the rage at the moment, orange, green, white, black etc. (Not red, blue, yellow, pink).

Maybe have a service where you can choose the colour of the frame before you buy it? Then it gets powder coated the colour you want, and supplied with a sticker kit that you can use to make it look how you want?

samples are being made, Don't you worry. :)

The Dual 20" Proto and the Limey 3 20" Proto, As said in the thread above the paint jobs are not final.

Yeh I'd loose the two-tone finishes to be honest, powdercoated colours are all the rage at the moment, orange, green, white, black etc. (Not red, blue, yellow, pink).

Maybe have a service where you can choose the colour of the frame before you buy it? Then it gets powder coated the colour you want, and supplied with a sticker kit that you can use to make it look how you want?

;)