Onza Dual Test Riding Pics

StuntMan_Stan

Guys,

As promised here are some shots of the prototype "dual" in action (more to follow). It feels very nice indeed, exceptionally flickable and light. Geometry is the same as the limey2 so its got a +20mm bb and a long wheelbase, the major difference being the weight and shape. I think only minor alterations will be needed to strengthen the bb yoke.

Shots are taken in my back garden and in the local town of Wellington.

Any constructive comments are welcome, I have a full time job as well as a life i will check back here when I can.

Enjoy

John

A few more for your viewing pleasure.

post-1492-1168790866_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168790884_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168791089_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168791103_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168791118_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168791142_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168791172_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168791750_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168791765_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168791800_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168791811_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168791822_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168791853_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1168791867_thumb.jpg

The forks are echo Hi Fi that I used to run on my Coust.

The pallets have been built up over many years I had an arrangement with the local fruit and veg man at the market. Bassically he let me hve them if I could shift em. Other bits and pieces have found there way in as well. We are always changing the layout around.

The sign on the penultimate picture is a personal joke I put on there. It reads "really make it have it!" which is a Martin Lampkin Quote and underneath it has the different names for jap slap which is what that 8stack of pallets is for im trying to learn to hook/ japslap 8 pallet. Its a motivational thing I was going to write stop being a pussy and pedal but I doubt that would have gone down well!

I didnt design this frame I am just testing it and surgesting developements to improve it. This is a very light bike with competion orientated geometry. You will have to ask Onza why they are trying this shape. To reiterate what I said before i like the way it rides, it is extremely fickable and light which makes it extremely controlable.

Futher constructive comments welcome.

Cool Pictures there John, Gez (jez?) was saying that the frame felt a little flexy, ie when peddaling etc?

I am gunna have to get a ride in with you sometime, i have ridden with Gez a few times but not met you.

Adam

PS: I have done that gap to bin :P

I reckon if the top tube/seatstays were lower it would LOOK a lot nicer, would probs be some other more important disadvantage witht hat though.

This is possibly gunna seem a bit crazy to Onza, but they could try using.... different dropouts :o

That could lower the standover height then...