Howies Sell Out...

Mark W

*awaits spunky monkey boy to post :P

Is a shame hopefully some enviromental ways from howies will rub off onto timberland. Even if its just small things, it'll help

doubt it though :ermm:

:rolleyes:

No doubt this will allow them to finalise their plans to remove deng's anodizing tanks from his factory, thus saving the world.

Edited by jake1516

Interesting, but howies are a f**king rip-off anyway so it doesnt bother me who owns them really.

not a rip off for what they are, how comfy they are, how long the clothes last and the manner in which they are produced.

i wouldn't call it selling out. dave's a really sincere guy and he wouldn't do anything that put his and claire's values under threat. let's face it, he's taken the company to the edge himself financially and considered every other option and offer - sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet when the life of your child comes into jeopardy.

Edited by the boon

*awaits spunky monkey boy to post :P

Is a shame hopefully some enviromental ways from howies will rub off onto timberland. Even if its just small things, it'll help

doubt it though :ermm:

Apparently Timberland are really eco-friendly themselves. There's an article on the Howies website about the takeover - They had several offers but they chose the one from Timberland because they've got the best green reputation, they just don't shout about it too much. Which is kinda cool, but I wonder where howies will go now. I hope there isn't gonna be adverts on buses and scallies wearing it :(

not a rip off for what they are, how comfy they are, how long the clothes last and the manner in which they are produced.

i wouldn't call it selling out. dave's a really sincere guy and he wouldn't do anything that put his and claire's values under threat. let's face it, he's taken the company to the edge himself financially and considered every other option and offer - sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet when the life of your child comes into jeopardy.

the man speaks sense.

howies is not a rip off, i have tshirts 4-5 years old and they have not shrunk, the pattern has not cracked and fallen off, nothing else i have ever owned has been like that.

just because timberland own howies doesnt mean that everything will change for the worse VW own bought skoda a few years back...

the man speaks sense.

howies is not a rip off, i have tshirts 4-5 years old and they have not shrunk, the pattern has not cracked and fallen off, nothing else i have ever owned has been like that.

just because timberland own howies doesnt mean that everything will change for the worse VW own bought skoda a few years back...

some of howies stuff isnt even that expensive, when compared to low quality, overpriced, brand name products.

as for the example, thats one of the worst examples there is in my eyes, yea skoda changed for the better. by becoming very similar to the company that took them over. which is not what Id want to see from howies. Id like howies to stay reasonably small time. niche, totally organic, none commercialized. just better funded. with some of the pressure off its workers

maybe i've got a good sales pitch going on since they've supported me for 3 or 4 years and i know how they work, sending me all sorts for basically doing f**k all on my bike (Y)B)

your view is completely biased, due to sponsorship, as you have said there, so your input isnt valid.

if they keep howies the same, great, if they make them cheaper and still of good quality, good.

your view is completely biased, due to sponsorship, as you have said there, so your input isnt valid.

my view isn't biased at all. i bought howies clothes before i rode for them, and i'd be more inclined to do so now i've met a load of the guys and seen how committed they are to doing things the right way (for comparatively little profit) - which is in the minority these days.

if you think my opinion isn't based on fact, then you're talking bollocks. and if you knew me you'd know i speak exactly what i think, regardless.

Maybe not technically bias, but who says the company that sponsor's them is shit?

It's not in your interest's to say they are crap, not only would you risk loosing sponsorship but you risk looking like a willy, yet whatever you do say will automatically come with a 'sponsored by Howies' disclaimer, it's the way it is.

Maybe not technically bias, but who says the company that sponsor's them is shit?

It's not in your interest's to say they are crap, not only would you risk loosing sponsorship but you risk looking like a willy, yet whatever you do say will automatically come with a 'sponsored by Howies' disclaimer, it's the way it is.

but howies aren't shit! :closedeyes:

for trials atomlab rims are shit, and the new o-ring pedals are shit too - hence i don't use them anymore. and i wouldn't tell anyone to either.

but whatever, ignore what i say if you want. i'll leave you to decide once you've met and guys that run the company.

for trials atomlab rims are shit, and the new o-ring pedals are shit too - hence i don't use them anymore. and i wouldn't tell anyone to either.

but whatever, ignore what i say if you want. i'll leave you to decide once you've met and guys that run the company.

I know they arn't!, I buy their clothes (albeit from TK maxx :$ ) You said you were not biased, but while technically your not, the simple fact that you are sponsored by them will make people think that you are, that's all im saying.

Not sure if you still are or not, but I remember when you were running Mavic D521 rims sprayed black with Atomlab stickers on them to 'keep the sponsors happy' :P

Mr Hieatt added: "The deal with Timberland will allow us to grow further while maintaining all of our standards and values."

He said he and his wife maintained creative control of Howies, and the same team would continue to run the company.

Doesn't really seem that big a deal to me!?

Good on them, it seems that they could do with the extra investment :)