High bb vs low bb  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which bb is the best for you?

• +1
    • +2 to +3
    • +4 to +5
    • +6 and over

Hello

I'm interested what bb height fits you the best...I saw a guy on bt with high bb riding pure trials and soem seriuous street too (manulas, spins, 180)...

But most of the people still us elow bb bikes.What is the advantages of disadvantages of both...thnx

the amount of rise you've given us choices on isn't big enough (you'd be better going up in 10s).

theres pro's + cons to high and low bbs (this is more of a stock issue high bb mods are just awesome :D, low bb just doesn't feel right)

high bb:

good:

more clearance

feels stable on the back wheel

makes front wheel moves easier (the bb rise pushes your weight forward more etc)

bad:

b*****d to manual and bunnyhop

can feel awkward (due to raised centre of gravity)

AliC won't love you as much

i never feel i can get any power behind a high bb (i find it wierd to explain, but you can't get "behind" the bike when gapping, maybe thats just me)

Low bb:

good:

good for manuals+bunnyhops

AliC is likely to love you more

feels more stable when your not on back wheel (like for rolling moves etc)

Bad:

less clearance

all i can think of really, these are just my opinions/views i may be wrong/plainly retarded + have the wrong idea 'cause i ride a mod (Y)=] low bb ***

Edited by ogre

Natural/UCI style riding suits higher b/b

Street = lower b/b

i went to leeds thursday night and really could not be bothered, iv lost all interest in street riding, i find natural much more soothing and enjoyable. hence why i use a bike with a +25 upwards b/b, i wouldnt use anything over +40 though.

Waynio............................

the amount of rise you've given us choices on isn't big enough (you'd be better going up in 10s).

theres pro's + cons to high and low bbs (this is more of a stock issue high bb mods are just awesome :D, low bb just doesn't feel right)

high bb:

good:

more clearance

feels stable on the back wheel

makes front wheel moves easier (the bb rise pushes your weight forward more etc)

bad:

b*****d to manual and bunnyhop

can feel awkward (due to raised centre of gravity)

surely a contradiction ? as manualing is just rolling on the back wheel...... I found my higher bb bikes pretty easy to manual ....

anyway - I just feel like a twat riding a high bb bike. and my back hurts.

yup, i was a high bb guy +55 ish, but now the new adamant suits me much better in my opinion.

suits me. and as im ALMOST as OLD as rowan i also find the higher bb gives me a sore back (cos i run a low front end set up) (yes i have tried higher).

im the man anyway. do as i say. not that ALi C fella. he is a gorilla

disagree there, the GU looks f**king ace (even Ali C said it somewhere)

Gotta say its the only frame i do nearly like! (Y)

But!: the geo looks waaayy to similar to a hifi, which is one frame I can't remember ever hearing anyone say they like the ride of!

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...