Problem Page!

Davey

Try to carry on as per usual, get out and about doing the things you love as much as you can. If any grace is to be found in such a bad situation, it is that you will value your own life more and make better use of it. Help him and your family as much as you can, you will regret it if you don't. Understand that he will have good and bad days, particularly if he has chemo or radiotherapy treatment.

Overall, be positive, he wants to see you happy and productive, keeping yourself in good trim is the best way to help him.

I'm not davey, but sadly im well qualified to give advice on this matter :(

Try to carry on as per usual, get out and about doing the things you love as much as you can. If any grace is to be found in such a bad situation, it is that you will value your own life more and make better use of it. Help him and your family as much as you can, you will regret it if you don't. Understand that he will have good and bad days, particularly if he has chemo or radiotherapy treatment.

Overall, be positive, he wants to see you happy and productive, keeping yourself in good trim is the best way to help him.

I'm not davey, but sadly im well qualified to give advice on this matter :(

I did the same when my step-dad had it.

Takes a while to get used to it all, when he had the operation where they removed his voice box etc, it took a while to be able to understand what he was saying. - Being scottish, he got annoyed that no one could understand him, especially when he had to talk by pressing the thing over the whole in his neck.

Also the looks you get in the streets etc, soon get used to it all.

As Dave said, just try and keep things as they usually would be, you'll adapt to the fact that he has it, and just make the most out of the time you have with him.

I barely got to see my step-dad when he was in hospital, due to being at school, or my mum going straight after her work, but it was nice when I did see him, just to go and see him sorta thing.

oh davey davey....

my uncles just been diagnosed with lung cancer :( anything i can do to take it off my mind??

I watched Cancer destroy my dad, this was in 1991. Nothing will take away the upset for you or your family because loosing a close family member is always shit.

If any of you have a family member who is really ill the best thing you can do is make there time a good one, and always think of what they did "instead of they are gone" make the days easier.

chemotherapy I think is the spelling

My mum had a course of that and radiotherapy for breast cancer- it basically made her feel a bit rotten/sick generally, she didn't lose any hair (that you'd notice) but it can happen.

It doesn't sound like the treatment's much fun but I think how bad you feel after depends on how aggressive they're being about it - it's worth it if it works though innit ?

It doesn't sound like the treatment's much fun but I think how bad you feel after depends on how aggressive they're being about it - it's worth it if it works though innit ?

yes 100% my uncle is deffinate that he wants it on the grounds that he hopes it may help......they think he may have a year left :( but i'v learnt from experience with friends family that they aren't always right :( this f**king sucks

Yeah, I agree with everyone, Try to stay positive about it all, It will be hard enough for him as it is so smile when your around him, If he sees you upset this could make him more upset about it all, If he see's you smiling he should smile aswell, Obviously you're not going to seem happy about it all, but just smile. :)

My dad died of cancer when my mum was 6 months pregnant with me, So obviously i never new my dad but times were still very hard for my as a child and still can be sometimes now, It was when my other friends said things like "My dad's taking me to the park to play football saturday" id be like like "oh", You soon get used to stuff like that, and you jsut have to live your life as normal as possible.

Hmm the first sentence in that last paragraph might not have been the best thing to say, But 15 years on from when my dad had it, Lots of things have changed, So try not to worry about it too much. :)

I didn't text my girlfriend last night when I got in because I was too tired/lazy and it was a bit late anyway. I meant to text her in the morning but forgot and then all day I just put it off because I'm lazy. She called me at about 6pm and we talked for a bit after she was a bit off with me to begin with for not texting her back. She then asked if I could come round but I said no as I had work to do and she got a bit more pissed off than I thought she would. So I asked if it'd be alright if I could see her tomorrow instead as it's a Friday and I can do work the next day if needed. She just sorta mumbled ok and I said well I finish early tomorrow so I can even come early if you're not going to college? Then she didn't really say anything so I asked what sorta time would be ok for me to be there and she just goes "I don't care". I just said "fine" and hung up....

I'm now shitting myself about what to do, wether I've overreacted or I was justified in what I did.

Should I go tomorrow without contacting her first? Or ring her, or text her, or what?

She'll definitely be pissed off but I'm pissed off too, she NEVER understands that I can't come and see her when I've got work to do and she can't be my No. 1 priority at this time in my life. ARGH!

I didn't text my girlfriend last night when I got in because I was too tired/lazy and it was a bit late anyway. I meant to text her in the morning but forgot and then all day I just put it off because I'm lazy. She called me at about 6pm and we talked for a bit after she was a bit off with me to begin with for not texting her back. She then asked if I could come round but I said no as I had work to do and she got a bit more pissed off than I thought she would. So I asked if it'd be alright if I could see her tomorrow instead as it's a Friday and I can do work the next day if needed. She just sorta mumbled ok and I said well I finish early tomorrow so I can even come early if you're not going to college? Then she didn't really say anything so I asked what sorta time would be ok for me to be there and she just goes "I don't care". I just said "fine" and hung up....

I'm now shitting myself about what to do, wether I've overreacted or I was justified in what I did.

Should I go tomorrow without contacting her first? Or ring her, or text her, or what?

She'll definitely be pissed off but I'm pissed off too, she NEVER understands that I can't come and see her when I've got work to do and she can't be my No. 1 priority at this time in my life. ARGH!

Girls always bloody do this, well in my experience anyway. My missus gets really annoyed at me about things that aren't my fault, it's like what the hell am I supposed to do? Like the other day my car broke down, so I called her up and said it had broken down and I couldn't go pick her up and she went all moody on me, so I was like "I can't help it it's not my fault" and she just hung up on me. Then I text her saying I'd call her when the recovery van turned up and she just text back saying "Whatever, forget it".

Damn women!

I have to say I don't think there's much you can do, this is just the nature of the beast. You could try explaining it to her but I doubt you'd get very far. Chances are she knows you can't help it and if you're really lucky she may even apologise for being a uppet (my misses did) but this kind of abuse is part and parcell of a relationship.

Whatever you do, whether you turn up unannounced or text her first, it will be wrong, so just prepare for that. You really can't win, because it's not that you've done anything wrong it's just that she's pissed off and taking it out on you! Take a leaf out of Poopipes book, just agree she's right, it makes for a quiet life!

Davey

girlfriend's in a mood because i havent seen her in 3 days, got my GCSE's starting this week so told her can't see her this week because of revision!!! can't she see that i'm taking my exams seriously! :Swtf!!! i've only been with her 3 weeks and the arguing hasn't stopped!! getting pissed off now!

girlfriend's in a mood because i havent seen her in 3 days, got my GCSE's starting this week so told her can't see her this week because of revision!!! can't she see that i'm taking my exams seriously! :Swtf!!! i've only been with her 3 weeks and the arguing hasn't stopped!! getting pissed off now!

That's not a great start is it, I know some of it is probably due to those rumours so it started on a bad foot, but even so the first few months at least should be like honeymoon period, all smiles and laughs and lots of sex, haha! You should probably have a very serious think about whether either of you are really happy or getting anything out of this? Would you be better off as just friends? If you wanna stay with her then all you can do is be straight with her and tell her your GCSE's are important, if she cant understand that then she's either not very bright or she's just a real bitch!

You got plenty enough on your plate as it is mate, dont let a girl mess you around, but the fact she's pissed off at least shows she cares!

Davey

Edited by Davey

That's not a great start is it, I know some of it is probably due to those rumours so it started on a bad foot, but even so the first few months at least should be like honeymoon period, all smiles and laughs and lots of sex, haha! You should probably have a very serious think about whether either of you are really happy or getting anything out of this? Would you be better off as just friends? If you wanna stay with her then all you can do is be straight with her and tell her your GCSE's are important, if she cant understand that then she's either not very bright or she's just a real bitch!

You got plenty enough on your plate as it is mate, dont let a girl mess you around, but the fact she's pissed off at least shows she cares!

Davey

yeah me thinks it's time we had a lil chat!! it's weird though, because she moans that i haven't been revising but instead biking :P but as soon as i say "i can't see you this week i'm revising!" she gos off on one??

yeah me thinks it's time we had a lil chat!! it's weird though, because she moans that i haven't been revising but instead biking :P but as soon as i say "i can't see you this week i'm revising!" she gos off on one??

Haha, I think I see what the problem is then. That's why she's pissed off, because you will ride instead of revise but you wont see her instead of revise, so she probably feels like she registers fairly low on your list of priorities.... which is probably true, haha! So yes, have that little chat and see what happens!

Davey

• 2 weeks later...
How do you tell people that you don't feel christianly anymore and to just leave beliefs be?

That's a tough one. I have a thing about religion, I dunno it just seems like an excuse to be different and causes more problems than it solves. If people have true faith then that is one thing and it can be really positive and life afirming for some people, but if they use it to take a moral high ground or empose upon others, even their own family, then it's going to far for me. You can't force a person to have faith, if someone doesn't belive in something then it's not like you can just say "Yes you do, now be a christian" because it rally doesn't work like that!

I'd just explain how you feel to be honest, I dunno what variety of christian these people you're telling are but unless they are extreme in any way they should repsect your decision, if only because the bible teaches tollerance of others... so I'm led to believe. It's not a book I've ever felt compelled to read!

Davey