How About These For New Rims

STEVE-0

good thinking, sharp corners on the holes on a highly stressful area, likely to crack? we shall see.

And why is that? I really dont know, i just want to find out, cracking easier with sharp corners?

Edited by Blommah

they're not built for strength, more for looks, although i dont think they would do too bad...the hedgehogs havent had any problems. With all the white rims about at the moment i thought these would be a nice change.

Steve

they're not built for strength, more for looks, although i dont think they would do too bad...the hedgehogs havent had any problems. With all the white rims about at the moment i thought these would be a nice change.

Steve

thats true, but i still wouldn't

I wonder how long before a bike company just does a full emo build?

Am I not spotting something? Maybe you have a fringe shaped smudge on your screen or something?

Edit: Cant spell :$

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

And why is that? I really dont know, i just want to find out, cracking easier with sharp corners?

Yeah, you get 'stress risers' where stress is concentrated on one small area so it's more likely to form cracks etc. But these aren't really any worse than square holes or hedgehogs.

The square holes done had rounded corners though, didn't they? And I thought the hedgehog's holes were slightly rounded too... Either way, I'd have some doubts about running these, 'specially the "spades" one.

Wow! if these rims are lazer cut, then the stress on these rims shouldnt be any greater than any trials specific rims because lazer cutting is least stressful than drilling. and im sure though not certain, that these rims are put back the oven for heat treatment after being lazer cut. because as we all know that when you manipulate with alu either by twisting, cutting, or shaping the material, you to put the finished product back in for heat treatment so that the alu molecules return to its original strength integrity. Cool looking rims. i reckon it wont be long before someone makes a rim tape containing leds(Light-emitting-diodes) to light up your rims at night. now how cool would that be!

Edited by Rusevelt

Wow! if these rims are lazer cut, then the stress on these rims shouldnt be any greater than any trials specific rims because lazer cutting is least stressful than drilling. and im sure though not certain, that these rims are put back the oven for heat treatment after being lazer cut.

its the points, not how it is cut that were care about