I've Rolled My Ankle

James Quigley

Word Up TF!

Was out riding earlier for a few hours - No Problems

Started to wind down so messed about with a football with Smo and Moose - No Problems

Decided to climb over some car tyres - No problem.......until

I jumped in a small 'dip' and rolled my ankle a treat.

Been and had an x-ray and nothings broken - but I have torn the ligaments, which basically means no riding for AT LEAST 2 weeks, but more than likely a while longer (Because he told me not to walk without crutches for 2 weeks, which I interpreted as riding)

Thought of this as an opportunity to recolect anyones old injuries, so GO.

Edit: Just taken a pic on my phone, doesn't look too bad now it's rested a bit

gallery_6721_1425_36519.jpg

Edited by ReverendJQ

Saw a guy riding to uni in a below-knee cast. Awesome.

crazy!

I rolled my ankle about 4 times now, 3 on right one, once on left... it isnt nice, it hurts, and swell sof rlike 3 months! thats gonna bruise and go all yellow in the next few days...

I never used crutches though, couldnt be arsd, i could walk fine... rode fine aswell!

iv never just "went" over on my ankles, its always from falling off high things on my bike, or down a curb when drunk lmao!

I'm on crutches at the moment as well. Snapped fibula, fractured ankle and nerve damage. Not supposed to do anything with it, but I've ridden my mates dmr and been slowly putting weight on it.

It's shit :(

A fibula, im sure uve made that up.. lol

hehe feel were ur ankle shud be it feels a bit wierd lol

Ouch - rolled ankles suck.

Be prepared to be not riding for much longer than two weeks!

Just found these of when I did mine a while back:

ankle3ql0.jpg

Wow thats what mine looked like too. Thought they weren't often that bad.. evidently they are :P

I managed to do mine leapfrogging a bollard while intoxicated :( Took over a month to repair itself.

Good luck with it, 'rolled' (I usually say sprained?) ankles suck.

Physio Help thread

anyone with issues, Simon's your man. He's helped numerous people on here before, and has posted some helpful advice on how to judge the severity of your injuries. By all means go to the NHS for an x-ray, but don't listen to anything they tell you about healing time and whats wrong (apart from obvious breaks in the x-rays of course). they know sod all, it's quite scary. they tried giving me physio exercises midway through my work with Simon (just went in to blag an x-ray. haha), even though we knew TWO ligaments from my foot had totally separated from my leg!!! any weight applied would have but my leg through the side of my ankle. should of seen the woman shit herself when i told here!

anyways, si's your man. get on to him. pics of swelling and bruising will really help. he managed to assess my shoulder injury over the phone more accurately than the gays at A&E did in person! the knob told me i was been stupid because i could take my t-shirt off by myself, even though i never moved the arm i had dislocated! and i know it had, because i accidentally pushed it back in myself :sick: simon sorted me out, came and checked it over in person, and gave me some physio work to do on it. unfortunately i stacked and did it again afterwards, so am back on the mend again really, still.

Smithy

Mr Matt Smith (Guinee)

Cheers for the addy I've added Simon just waiting for him to come online/accept me as a contact.

Update wise I have now got a pale blue bruise surfacing around my ankle that continues half way down my foot, really is quite pale at the minute.

Also I cant 'lift my foot' i.e. to pint my toes upwards, not because of pain it just physically wont move that way.

Oh well, life goes on.

How are you coping with Uni mate? You on crutches or staying at home?

Maybe we can catch a movie or something at the weekend, I'll pick you up :)

Me not be attending Uni, Can't drive to get there, SHAME, although I have to go in Friday so I'll blag a lift.

Might go back to hospital today, they told me to go back yesturday if I still couldn't put weight on it but I couldn't be bothered.

Dinner and a Movie sounds great, just be gentle when we get home, I'm fragile.