Zona Zenith Vs. Echo Hi-fi

bionicman

Ridden a Zenith and dent like it at all. Never rode a Hifi but if i had to choose it would be the hifi.

Danny.

dont listen to him... danny you rode my bike when it was feeling shite, if i remember rightly the brake was awful and probably a few other things... and you cant say you would rather have a frame which you have never rode :S

both ride nice, i would rather have the zenith because i ride one... all depends on the set up and components... i have used a mad high rise and long stem which makes it beast for taps, and iv used an echo low stem which rides better for gaps... which i thinks good that you can use either one and it will make it ride differently... although you dont really want two stems (i just happen to)... so ignore all of that and buy a stem thats somewhere inbetween maybe :P

i think the wheel base is pretty similar (only differs by 10mm????) but the bb rise on the hifi makes it feel shorter... the zenith feels just right for me and i like how it is very rigid/stable on the back wheel.

if thats helped (Y)

Jonny

Ridden a Zenith and dent like it at all. Never rode a Hifi but if i had to choose it would be the hifi.

Danny.

Yeah because that really makes sense...

Zenith all the way, Echo's are milked to hi buggery!

EdiT - I have a zenith and it's lush!

Edited by Ghetto Rider

Danny.

Ha ha, dickhead :P Your the only person to recommend the hi-fi, and the only person not to have ridden one. I guess that makes it clear how good the hi-fi's are :lol:

Yeha, hi-fi's are shit, they feel cramped, the chainstays are too short for the amount of bb rise and the whole bike generally feels unbalanced. WASTE OF MONEY!

Yeha, hi-fi's are shit, they feel cramped, the chainstays are too short for the amount of bb rise and the whole bike generally feels unbalanced. WASTE OF MONEY!

That sounds about right to me I've ridden both (own a zenith, which might make me biased) but the hifi was good sat onthe bacwheel but felt all twitchy and cramped as if i was on a mod :S not my cuppa tea really!

:o:mellow: ..... :sick:

May not work for you (or anyone else on here... I wonder how many have actually OWNED one... ) but it works for me.

Oh and some bloke called Graham Wilhelm who is just some top US rider, but i guess he knows less about trials bikes than some people on a forum.

Like i say, everyone likes exactly the same things in life so i'd get a Zenith.

May not work for you (or anyone else on here... I wonder how many have actually OWNED one... ) but it works for me.

Oh and some bloke called Graham Wilhelm who is just some top US rider, but i guess he knows less about trials bikes than some people on a forum.

Like i say, everyone likes exactly the same things in life so i'd get a Zenith.

My mate boumsong had one, to say i had a go on it was an understatement. Went riding with him loads and it was practically a second bike as we always play on each others. I never got used to it, and it was awful to ride. It flicked onto the back wheel to quickly, the cockpit area on it was far too short and the only move it felt alright at was sidehops. It gapped horribly, it was a physical struggle to stop it from looping. Static ups were very hard indeed, and taps were nearly impossible, the bike just wanted to through you off the back.

Sorry, but i think its a valid point, and while theres obviously going to be a few exceptions (opinion wise), the hi-fi's are generally regarded as one of the worst riding frames ever.

Where as the zenith has a much more sensible bb height, the chainstays match the bb heigh well and the cockpit on it is longer than the hi-fi so it feels much easier on the back wheel. It also gaps better, sidehops easily enough and its pretty damn easy to tap.

may i ask for the change? you seem to ride the bionic really nice and smooth as well you was the other day in rayliegh

i road mr joe's zenith a few weeks back ok it road really nice and that but i would get the echo just because no one has it around here, thats why i didnt go for the control cos everyone has one and i dont actually no anyone who rides a ninja :P

and all that crap about it wont ride nice you think wrong mateys considering my bike weighs around the same as a monty ti no joke maybe a bit lighter as i just got a new rim and that

go for the echo mayte

• 4 months later...