Cya In Two Weeks!

JT!

My opinion is very strong, so either take it and reply with counter arguments, or don't reply at all. I can't be bothered with simple one line replies calling me a pessimistic so and so, or what ever else you lot usually come up.

To be fair to Dave, he is only saying what he (and others im sure) are thinking.

I know JT has left, or has he? Didn't really read past the first few sentences, but i'm thinking the same.

Wish I wasn't such a lazy arse, maybe I'd be heading to America to meet some hot bird and fall in love, don't see how anyone can put a negative spin on that, how is it stupid?

What? I think some people are living in a dream land here. This ain't no fairy tale disney land film. Plane tickets cost money, extreme amounts of money, not to mention all the other costs involved here.

Also, i'm not just talking cold hard cash, i'm talking about emotional costs. What happens when shes crying her eyes out about the loss of a friend... "Yeh, er, heres an msn hug, and i'll give you a belated hug in 5 weeks when i can afford the 400-500 quid plane ticket". How about when she wins a prize at her local, i don't know, basketball club? "yeh, well done, thats really awesome". Yeh, nice text emotions there... she'll get more of an emotional response from one of her pets thats actually there, breathing, pushing the air around her, sadly.

Sure, meet someone 3-4 hours, maybe more away, catch the train every other week, odd few days during holidays, long meet-up weekends away, but we are talking about america here, no relationship no matter how amazing can survive if its initial start-up is that far away. Can't exactly just hop on the train to america for 35 quid a pop. Fine, married for 3 years then have to spend 6 months in another country for a job, but not a relationship at 19/20 years of age thats just started. Relationships need emotion, feeling, and whole lot of other things that just can't be 'put on hold until i can book my flight' to start off from and build a solid base to expand.

No doubt people will come back complaining about "living the dream", or "atleast hes trying" etc etc, blah f**king blah, thats not what i'm getting at here.

Either way, i understood this is a bit, "wtf", but i do wish you the most sincere of good lucks. Hell, maybe you'll prove me wrong.

According to this forum Simon and your MSN name you are possibly the most 'depressed' for no reason person I know of. So maybe it's because you are so cynical that you are never happy. Give him a break. Who cares about a few quid anyway. You won't die if he comes home and it didn't go well. It's probably a great life experience. You assume that if it goes well they will say in separate countries. You never know, they might not.

You seem an alright lad etc etc and I have nothing against you but f**king hell lighten up.

Edited by minitrialer

What?

If you'd look past my MSN name and stereotype i have, maybe you'd read my post properly and see i'm actually trying to engage in a proper conversation, and have actually backed up my reasoning for thinking this isn't such a great idea.

I never said it wasn't a great life experience, i commend him for doing, but some people seem to think we live in a world where houses cost a months wages and that jobs grow on trees, that plane tickets are the same price as train tickets, and that you can just walk into Gatwick airport, buy a ticket, and catch the 10 to 7am plane to America and be back in time for dinner.

You may think i'm taking the pessimistic view, and i would usually agree, but on this occasion, i really am not, i just am being realistic when everyone else is in fairy land or something. Sure enough, same country long distance, but another country, let alone america? Come on people...

Personally all my girls "from msn" or "myspace" end with a meet up, followed by a block and delete some of em are just plain freeky, so its taken some real sticking power to keep chatting for 2years! i'd have run out of things to chatt about by that time! but yea ive kinda had a msn gf and i know what you mean. But she lived in Kent, and when she did come down she was a right wacko, stunning on cam, scary in real life....

But i mean talk about a step into the unknown.... Our idea of a goodnight out is driving round only allowed to turn left and seeing where you end up in 2 hours.... this is a little bit different... sure you'll enjoi yourself even if it does go propper tits up, so good luck man.

And i mean for all the negitive people... hes going now and theres no stopping him! and hes obiosly thought long and hard about it and decided its what he really wants to do. If hes going to travel thousands of miles to meet her im sure no negative oppionions on a trials-forum is going to be enough to stop him boarding the flight in the morning! so all the best, 1st just make sure you stay safe, then start to enjoy yourself!

f**k me, only just read the thread.

Good luck mate, real brave thing to do there. Hope it all turns out fine, and that you don't get raped.

You've got gigantic balls.

P.s She must be one hell of a girl to mission to the states for.

Other people who don't have open minds...

i do:D

i cant belive all you people actually care about what i said!!

i dont give a toss what any of you think, i still think its the stupidest idea ever, he could have spent 1/4 of the money he spent on a plane ticket to go on a booming nite out with his mates and meet the same f**king girl 5mins from his house probly.

im sure jt is only young and cant afford 500quid plane tickets every month, i hope it all works out it would be very nice, but as simon said i think its a bit erm of a dream world, and im SURE it wont work, its just to stupid.

i dont get to see my gf enuff and she lives 20mins away,

snappel, bongo, erm who ever else made me out to be a cock, sit down and think about what the f**k hes doing.

good luck i really mean it, but ill put money on the fact it wont work.

snappel, bongo, erm who ever else made me out to be a cock, sit down and think about what the f**k hes doing.

i didn't make you out to be a cock at all. I do happen to know a couple who have been married 3 years who met on AIM though. He now lives in Ormskirk after moving from Boston...

99% of relationships don't work. Chances are that you'll split up with your bird. You never know until you try though. I know a girl who has gone to america this morning in fact to see her boyfriend of 1 year who she met at Woodward this time last year. How you meet is irrelevent. It's how you click.

If you live your life not doing things becasue they probably won't turn out pukka is the only way you're going to go toyour grave regretting not doing things. Do it all and grow old knowing you gave life 100% at everything and tried what opportunities arose.

Bongo

See i tried that but obviously wasn't slow enough. Tried it at 1/250 but came out like them really.

Guessing it needs to be a lower? By narrower aperture, do you mean have a higher f number thing? Never understood f number thing, except the higher i put it, the darker the shot. :lol:

Hopefully hitting most shows this season so i'll try get some techniques learnt, but not that many more shows are track ones. USC and TOTB are 1/4 ones, so we'll see. :)

No Adds, was thinking about cropping and playing, but don't know... Honestly don't think any pictures are worth it. :lol: May play with next set, and do a compare or something.

yea well ur gay

*thats me admiting your right*

JT, youve really split me in two on this one, hope it goes the best for you, in some way i think, gee hes got bollox,gee hes dedicated and clearly feeling stronger emotions towards women than i ever have. but then i think crap, thats a pretty big commitment to of made at your age, and your going awfully deep in. theres times when i wont bother crossin a dancefloor for a girl, let alone the atlantic ocean. but then i guess this aint no saturday bint e'd out of her tree who youll probably grow to hate in a day or two. and i guess thats where the difference lies, youve found the one, the rest of us are moping round in places where your feet stick to the floor hoping to find the one, as opposed to the one night stand.

only issue id have, which is a fairly big one, and one which would stop me going (As lets be honest, whats a credit card bill for a plane ticket), is if it all works out well, which for those kind of actions, i would certainly hope it would. what happens next, you cant go on living apart if she is the one, which means you moving away(or her moving away, but then its the same for her) and losing touch with all your mates back home, which kinda breaks rule 4 of life "no piece of ass is worth a friendship" and your situation roughly translates to "leaving your world behind, breaks this rule a million times over". but then suppose it is a friendship in itself and not just a "piece of ass" i so lovingly put it. its something i couldnt do, leaving behind friends, for a girl, no matter how good she was, same as when i met hayley(last thing id class as more than a fling), i met her in a club, supposedly the first and last time she was going to go to that club, feck that, first date, couple in a neutral venue, then i dragged her kicking and screaming to kitch, its like this is me, this is my life,these are my mates, get used to it, im not changing for you. and moving across the world and leaving behind everything, is kinda changin just a bit for a girl. the other option is she comes over here, but then isnt there just like no effort and its all to easy. its one of those situations where you cant agree to compromise and meet in the middle, cos that leaves you... well treading water 1400 miles from shore, which isnt a nice place to be. but then maybe your prepared to change and leave behind your friends, in some ways thats great, its commitment its showing your not worried to change and take chances, but in other ways, thats terrible, your giving up the people that youve known, that have been there, had your back, for 10-15 years, for some bird youve never even met.

guess i should stop giving both sides of the argument and give my opinion on it, but my opinions split, so ill just say this.

GOOD LUCK MISTER TRILLO

I think that you should follow your heart and if that takes you to the United States then that is where you should go. Life is full of what if's and but's, so do what a good friend of yours would have done...

LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULL!! DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE YOU HAPPY because you are a long time dead.That wasn't easy for me to type but i had to bring him into this topic as i know he will be with you, watching over you.....so you'd better behave yourself!!

I hope that you didn't mind me responding to this topic, i just know in my heart that if it had been DJ in your situation, i would initially be worried for him but i would also accept that if he felt strongly enough to take this risk he would have done it.

Safe Journey JT and looking forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Lots of love

Sue XXXXX