Who The f**k Keeps Buying These Shite Kids 2k Bikes!

Davetrials

(yes im awre i sware alot)

Im getting really annoyed seeing all these little kids who can just back hop, rolling around on £2000 koxx and monty's is it there parents, or are some compnies giving bikes away

back wen i started i had a massive jump bike.

I kinda agree but if they can have it why not, i remember when i started id of appreciated that so much, i was on a Monty x-alp every time i did a drop i manueled cause the brakes were so crap i'd of learnt so much faster on a expensive bike and saved lots of blood and pain.

I ditto that, I started on a jump bike with brakes that only worked if you used all of your fingers on the brakes.

At crimbo I only just managed to persuade my parents to get a T-Vee, which was really scraping the edge of my limit, and that was when it was at £250, lots of kids round my area saw everyone else getting in trials so they bought the best bike they could via the local shops, a T-Comp.

They learnt how to pedal hop off of tall things, screwed about with the bash, not exactly getting anywhere, and sold their bikes about 3-4 months after.

Its ridiculous in my opinion.

Edited by thutley

(yes im awre i sware alot)

Im getting really annoyed seeing all these little kids who can just back hop, rolling around on £2000 koxx and monty's is it there parents, or are some compnies giving bikes away

back wen i started i had a massive jump bike.

haha it does my head into especially when you go a competition and its littered with riders on koxx and montys and they are struggling to stay upright on it.

Dave,

here is my opinion. i know its always welcome.

you seem to be going through a period of WEIRD / BORED / PISSED OFF topics recently!? Are you ok atm? Do you just need some sympathy?

Im here for you whatever!

Either way, who cares whether their parents give them their bikes that are worth 2k, it means when they get bored and try to sell them we all get parts at good prices for cheap ;)

If they have the money let them do it to be honest, the only thing that annoys me is when they:

• Critise (sp?) your bike and tell you that you should buy this, buy that! When you can only say that you "haven't got a mummy and daddy to buy me everything on demand."
  • Don't try to do anything at all, they don't even try to push themselves even though they are sitting on a brilliant bike (unlike my pile of shit that holds me back!)
  • Tell you what would be a cool move but describe something really different and crap. And then say do it.
[/end rant]

I wouldn't say there are really that many kids that do trials around Lincoln and if they do have a trials bike they dent know what its for or even what its called. Most of us are 14yrs+ going up to middle 20's. My first bike was an old mission and i got that for like £55 ^_^ . Then got another mission which cost me £400 lol. Got rid of that and got myself an echo. I'm glad i had a crappy bike to start of on because its made me learn the basics and i sold it on so someone who is interested in trials and is progressing.

:-

Tom ..

If they have the money let them do it to be honest, the only thing that annoys me is when they:

• Critise (sp?) your bike and tell you that you should buy this, buy that! When you can only say that you "haven't got a mummy and daddy to buy me everything on demand."
  • Don't try to do anything at all, they don't even try to push themselves even though they are sitting on a brilliant bike (unlike my pile of shit that holds me back!)
  • Tell you what would be a cool move but describe something really different and crap. And then say do it.
[/end rant]

YeS!!!!!!!!!

dammit that annoys me, its usally on street rides, they just sit and watch, damon said to me he cant be assed goin on big grouprides cos its just full of cocks whos it and watch u.

I started on a shitty standard '98 Kona Hahhana. As i got better I built it up to become a trialsin beast... Big mammoth rear rim, maggies, Pashley rigids, xt hubs, xt mech, chris king headset, Azonic bars, what a beauty and did the same with my Sidekick.

If you've got the money then fair enough buy a brand spanking new £2k bike but personally I reckon I have learned alot more about trials by building my bike myself. (Y)

Edit: before someone comes and tells me I'm a hipocrite for my Zoot being bought 'off the shelf', I had no choice, my sidekick got stolen and its all i could afford with the dosh off the insurance.

Edited by Matt_Zoot

I don't understand what the problem is, if they are buying them and them selling them later it's keeping the bike shops in business and creating a bigger second hand market.

Correct

but...

still..

"all the gear and no idea" :lol:

I'm not too bothered by it, it's only when, as someone said earlier, they criticise your bike or anything like that. They're good for ripping the piss out of on group rides though :turned:

The one thing I'd miss if I had a 2k bike bought for me, is the feeling when you get something new and upgraded. Would be shit if I just started out on an amazing specced bike cos I'd never get excited at little new things.

lol i agree 10x dave! and what everyone else has said on here. If they're starting on a damn good bike, they wont fix it or repair it and ultimately we'll start seeing 221ti's in skips because the chains snapped and therefore they need a whole new bike... :|

I wouldn't worry though, these little buggers are crap dave! real trials riders have the philosophy to trials too and understand that its defintly not about winning or being the best but its about chilling out with other riders. until they realise that i dont pay much attention to them (Y)

"nar m8t saved up for that bike meself did a payper rwnd 4 3 weeks to save 4 it and me mumzy gave me da rezt "

i agree i remeber saving for months to buy a second hand old t bird! and before that a saracen xile