Ok Sideways Upping Vs Frontwards Upping

PaRtZ

Sidehop v pedalup  

105 members have voted

1. 1. The obstacle is a large concrete block, loads of run up, lots of landing. What is your preffered method to get up it?

• Sideways (sidehop)
    • Forwards (pedal up, tap, hook, up to front etc)
  2. 2. You have the same concrete block but only enough run up for 1 full pedal rotation. What is your preffered method?

• Sideways (sidehop)
  3. 3. Instead of the concrete block, you now have a wall which is 12" wide. You have unlimited smooth run-up. What is you preffered method?

• Sideways (sidehop)
  4. 4. You have the same 12" wide wall, but only enough run-up for 1 full pedal rotation. What is your preffered method?

• Sideways (sidehop)

For each of these incidences, assume the obstacle is at a height you are comfortable with. Not something easy, something you can do consistently but not something that you'd push yourself to get.

what would you do?

I personally try to sidehop as much as I can because im more comfortable with it. Even to thin stuff. So whats the common trend in trials - sidehop or pedal up/tap/hook etc?

i can see the benefits of forwards but i just cant grasp the ability to do it lol. plus ive found sidehops can be done on shelf like obstacles so you dont need a run up of any sort

I think people prefer forwards cause the momentum gained can get you up quite easy if done right. I personally prefer the sidehop its more controlled, however when I do a good tap it really boosts you up the wall with minimal effort. Its just a case of getting that "RIGHT" tap which can be a bit tricky. Josh..

The obstacle is a large concrete block, loads of run up, lots of landing. What is your preffered method to get up it?

Sideways (sidehop)

Forwards (pedal up, tap, hook, up to front etc)

You have the same concrete block but only enough run up for 1 full pedal rotation. What is your preffered method?

Sideways (sidehop)

Instead of the concrete block, you now have a wall which is 12" wide. You have unlimited smooth run-up. What is you preffered method?

Sideways (sidehop)

You have the same 12" wide wall, but only enough run-up for 1 full pedal rotation. What is your preffered method?

Sideways (sidehop)

Danny.:)

thats assuming i can sidehop it! I can get up higher going forwards...like most people i thinks..

im the opposite. on a good day that is. On an average day i can sidehop just under a foot higher than a pedal up :S Im much more consistant with them too, which is why I prefer to do them because ill know if I can make it or not. With a pedal up its mostly luck at the moment...