Biketrial In The Olympic Games.

Lokoxx

Hi!

As some of you know, here in Spain, we are making lists of names of people(Riders and no riders) that support the idea of

biketrial being a olympic sport.

In Spain, many people support the idea.

Many great riders also support the idea, such as Neil Tunnicliffe, Benito Ros, Cesar Cañas, and OT PI.

We have talked with the UCI, but we need as many supporters as possible, to have our favourite sport in the next olympic games.

So, as many countries support this, the best!

The thing I need is you to make a comment here, with your complete name(accompained with your nickname, if you deserve it :) )

So, the more people that put their names here, the best!!!

You can also include members of your family, or friends(If they support the idea), but their names need to be accompained with the word(supporter) at the right.

Thanks very much to you all!!

Really, this is important, we need your help!

The more supporters, the best!!

To contact me or have more information, add me on msn: fepuru@hotmail.com

Thanks, and regards!!!!

Hi!

As some of you know, here in Spain, we are making lists of names of people(Riders and no riders) that support the idea of

biketrial being a olympic sport.

In Spain, many people support the idea.

Many great riders also support the idea, such as Neil Tunnicliffe, Benito Ros, Cesar Cañas, and OT PI.

We have talked with the UCI, but we need as many supporters as possible, to have our favourite sport in the next olympic games.

:P

Cai Evans - don't have a middle name :P

Would this be a little crap though, as 'profesionals' arn't allowed in the Olympics :S It's only for amateurs (sp?). So Benito, etc.. wouldn't be allowed in - :lol:

It'd still be better than Babminton at the Olympics!!

I'm pretty sure they've given up on the amateur aspect to the Olympic games a long time ago. Given all the big names competing in the Olympics have multi-million pound endorsement contracts and set the world standard for their sports, I'm pretty sure they're pro's. Anyone remember the 1996 Olympics when XC was first introduced and Hans Rey and a bunch of others did a trials demo as part of the closing ceremony - I'm pretty sure I have it on video somewhere...

I'd definitely support encouraging trials into the Olympics - compared to the expense of making the kayaking course for example, trials would be cheap and easy to set up, as well as probably scoring up there with gymnastics as a sport people who know nothing about it can watch and be entertained and impressed by as a display of precision, skill, balance and power. Since there's every possibility that the only reason events where out and out aerobic output/anaerobic power are paramount are not being marred by drug use this Olympics is because the Olympic testing isn't as stringent as what the UCI has had to start using, hopefully there's a shift in the interests of sports fans from watching sports that test the limits of performance to limits of skill. DH BMX getting in this year bodes very well for a space being made for trials in the future (Provided there's a good response to the BMX of course)...

My name is Cormac Eason, add me to the list :)...

Steven Chai

Kim Chai

Liam Chai

Leon Chai

Lewis Chai

Andrew Chai

Thats me and my family

i amm not sure if you know? but there is a whole facebook group supporting biketrials in the olympics.

unless your the one who set it up?

Edited by TheChai

just had to rub it in didnt you ben.

Ben Travis - Fully in support of olympic trials

No big deal - he's sitting in the airport on his way to Hong Kong.

I have some insight into the conversations that the UCI have had with the Olympic committee, one criticism they have is that not enough women compete. They want to see sporting activity that attracts both sexes. Not my opinion or comment, but its true, very few women compete, but boxing gets by. Trials would be a worthy addition, many niche sports are included now, I think its time that Trials was.

Fred Savage - in support.