Addingham Moorside.

Mr_scott

Some of you may know that Addingham has been closed for both push bikes and motorcycles at the moment and maybe for good.

I found this link to a petition on the motorcycle forum, Trials Central.

Here's what Trials Central has to say, link below quote.

The name Addingham Moorside has been synonymous with Trials in the UK for many, many years. A noted venue for events and a legal practice area which has helped contribute to the careers of such names as Dougie Lampkin, James Dabill and Graham Jarvis. Bradford Council have forced the landowner, against his will, to close this ground for a minimum of twelve months. This not only closes off one of the top areas for practice in the UK, but also places several organised Trials events under threat.

Trials Central call on the Trials community, both cycle and motor Trials to rally to the cause, both by writing to the landowner as detailed in this article and by signing our online petition calling for Bradford Council to review their decision to force the closure of Addingham Moorside and to work with the Trials community to address any issues that led to this closure. Not everybody reads Trials Central - please make people aware of this. Tell your friends, your relatives, your postman, anybody and everybody! Webmasters - please link to this page on your websites.

http://www.trialscentral.com/petition/

ADD YOUR NAME TO HELP KEEP ADDINGHAM A PLACE FOR RIDING!

Confirm your signing of the petition by checking your emails.

Craig.

Edited by Mr_scott

bugger!

thats one of the best spots ever, stuipid councils and there bandit ideas!

very annoying.

i know lets sell out bikes take drugs and break thing....

they have no idea, every sport apart from football seems to be ruined by the authorities

yes anal it did my eyes too :S

JT! its because:

there is a councillor a farm down from Mr Fothergill, who when driving on a "PUBLIC" road, keeps having to slow down and be careful of on coming traffic, therefore because he is something to do with the "council" he feels he has the right to OWN the road and close Mr Fothergills land, THAT is more or less why it is happening. its supposidly "slowing" down his farming. when i know that only 2 or 3 people through the week used to go up there, then at weekends it was a bit busier BUT once people are in the field there is no traffic. and its not as if it totally "stops" everything and the guy has to stop farming for an hour or two!!!! its literally a minute to let each other pass!!!!

i dont see why as a trials rider you would have any obligation of signing something to keep trials going. im off up to see Mr Fothergill this week, rally round the F**king road for the laugh.

My dad works for the council but it doesnt give him "special" powers to tell people to not park on our driveway outside, or to stop kids playing in their back garden!!!! WTF is the world coming to.

Waynio..............................

• 2 weeks later...

Start by writing a few letters to the cousil directly, getting an exact reason for a start, then go from there. Maybe make a few phonecalls and whatnot. Just keep picking untill something happens. Even if i don't apear to make a shit be of difference, if half a dozen people did it, they'd maybe see it isn't going to be as simple as "no you can't ride there anymore". It's like saying, we're closing France becuase the channel tunnel is too busy.

At the end of the day, if they don't supply a good enough reason for it to be closed down, it's not gonna stay closed.

If the reason is the guy wants the road to himself, it's a pretty weak argument, and wont last very long.

Start by writing a few letters to the cousil directly, getting an exact reason for a start, then go from there. Maybe make a few phonecalls and whatnot. Just keep picking untill something happens. Even if i don't apear to make a shit be of difference, if half a dozen people did it, they'd maybe see it isn't going to be as simple as "no you can't ride there anymore". It's like saying, we're closing France becuase the channel tunnel is too busy.

At the end of the day, if they don't supply a good enough reason for it to be closed down, it's not gonna stay closed.

If the reason is the guy wants the road to himself, it's a pretty weak argument, and wont last very long.

BUT seriously, can we do that? id love to close france, except buthiers......fooking francies

Just get everyone that goes there to go to the council, in dress code and with motorbikes etc and see what happens then.

Or just lynch the council fella and threaten to shag him with a squash unless he withdraws the closure.

EDIT: Oh, and signed lol

Edited by Si-man

• 1 month later...