Dj Memorial Ride Abingdon Video

Jonny Jones

I haven't even logged into this account in over a year....

but I had to just to say beautiful video- really great comradery, great riding, good music+filming...some serious talent coming out in the UK vids.

Really impressive you guys still honor a fallen friend, very class- I'm sure DJ would be happy

good on you (Y)

Was an awesome day, and an awesoem vid (Y)

Would of been nice to see footage of the lesser know riders who wern't attacking that skip.

Still loved it (Y)

Yeah sorry to all the lesser-known riders... its just hard to dis-connect from a certain area... I kinda get into some kinda zone when im holding my camera haha and sometimes forget theres other bits that can be filmed (bad, I know... always improving though haha), next year for sure, never be affraid to ask for something to be filmed cos I will film you!

Thanks for all the comments so far, chuffed you all like it so much :)

Jonny.

oh my god jonny that's so good!

I thought mark was going to get off the bike and start doing an interview with you the way he approached! 'mark westlake...... reporting for newsround at the dj ride.'

Simon at the end was hilarious too!!!

Was class to put names to faces too, ed potts, george seamons etc

That was definitely one of the best made / most inspiring / fun videos i've seen in a long long time. You're incredibly good at what you're doing John, the camera work is amazing and so is the editing. Thanks for that, made my evening.

By the way, what wide angle conversion lens are you using?

That was definitely one of the best made / most inspiring / fun videos i've seen in a long long time. You're incredibly good at what you're doing John, the camera work is amazing and so is the editing. Thanks for that, made my evening.

By the way, what wide angle conversion lens are you using?

Hi mate, I use a Century 0.3x Ultra Fisheye Adaptor - 37mm version, otherwise known as the 'Baby Death'. It got that name as its commonly used in skating/bmx videos. Was £325, money well spent its an amazing lens, you can do so much with it! Check out http://www.centuryoptics.com

This is the direct link to my lens - http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecommerce/C...69&IID=1755

EDIT: I also used a 0.5x wide lens, cheap thing, got it from ebay, not that impressed with it, but it just gives u a bit more in your frame, 37mm screw-on.

Thanks for all the comments, totally chuffed right now hehe! ^_^

Jonny.

Edited by Jonny Jones

that was a damn awesome vid jonny, seemed to capture the riding and the atmosphere at its best. brilliantly put together in all ways. some awesome, riding went down by the looks of things. and the bit at the end was a really nice touch.

job well done my friend :D

oh my god jonny that's so good!

I thought mark was going to get off the bike and start doing an interview with you the way he approached! 'mark westlake...... reporting for newsround at the dj ride.'

That's 'cos the f**ker in front of me nearly sent himself OTB going up a 2" high step. Martin? Haha...

Downloading the chap now, I'll soon see how dashing I look on camera.

Hi mate, I use a Century 0.3x Ultra Fisheye Adaptor - 37mm version, otherwise known as the 'Baby Death'. It got that name as its commonly used in skating/bmx videos. Was £325, money well spent its an amazing lens, you can do so much with it!

I want your camera setup haha :( Havent watched the video yet though, but i'm sure the Videography will be awesome as always :).

Right then..

I watched the video today on a big screen.

I went for a ride after it...i think for the third ride in this summer. The vid inspired me loads.

Apart from that, I would like to say thanks to all you guys who made the vid, who rode the bikes and organised the whole event. That's the way our trials community should show their respect to people like DJ and his family. That's the proper way of doing it.

I was glad to see in this vid the people I know in real life. Good riding, guys!

Thanks a lot again

Cheers

Dmitry, Russia