f**ks Sake.

Phatmike

Ok that really does suck, well sounds like I gotta change mine then as tread is fine but tonnes of cracks in sidewalls, and its like gunna dent my wallet, 100quid per tyre ouchy

Same thing just happened to me with my Dunlop's up front. Split to buggery and still 6mm of tread left.

Same thing just happened to me with my Dunlop's up front. Split to buggery and still 6mm of tread left.

So far this summer ive had 3 new tyres and a new alloy which has proper hit the money hard. The day after i got the two front tyres fitted (very bald) one of the rears got a puncture (opposite wheel to the one that got the puncture earlier this summer) i seriously couldnt be f**ked spending another 90£ on a tyre so pulled the piece of metal rod that caused the trouble and shuved in a crap load of that tyre weld stuff. 1k miles later and muchos motorway speeding its still going strong! tyre weld ***

So far this summer ive had 3 new tyres and a new alloy which has proper hit the money hard. The day after i got the two front tyres fitted (very bald) one of the rears got a puncture (opposite wheel to the one that got the puncture earlier this summer) i seriously couldnt be f**ked spending another 90£ on a tyre so pulled the piece of metal rod that caused the trouble and shuved in a crap load of that tyre weld stuff. 1k miles later and muchos motorway speeding its still going strong! tyre weld ***

Clever (Y)

It will work 100%, until it fails 100%, probably at speed.

The thing is though, the steel that surrounds the tyre inside the rubber is now not as it should be. It stops the rubber from expanding becasue it's wrapped round the tyre in one piece (well, hundreds, but you get what i mean). Now the hole will have damaged the core of the tyre and allow it to expand alightly at speed, fatiguing the whole tyre.

Like you said you're willing to take the risk. I'd not risk my life, my passengers life or anyone elses for a few quid. God help you if you kill a passenger becasue you roll it on a blow out. It happens. My friends uncle rolled his car into a field from a blowout and wasn't found all night until the farmer went to see what the lump was on his field in the morning.

Everyone will do what they see best. It's up to the indiviual, but from my viewpoint, it's daft to skimp when it's your life on the line.

Bongo

not wanting to contradict my above post, as what happens after you reach your 6 or 12 points is a mystery to me, its something ill read up on if the need arises, but..... will the rules not be slightly different for mike, with him having held a license less than 2 years.(i know at work when people have lost their licenses, some of the people whove had licenses 3-4 years, get a 30day ban and no retest under totting up/ 55's in 30's etc. but all the people under 2 years had to have a retest for similar/the same offences) once more i repeat the fact i have little knowledge on this, so aint quoting gospel, but its the way it seems to of panned out for people i know.so if your up on these kind of matters(presumably your a court clerk/trainee solicitor/bloke who likes sitting in the back of court listening to cases) you may be able to shed some light on the matter, or at least know where to find this light that needs shedding.

I don't work in the court yet, i was up in court that day. my friend was up because he's in exactly the same position i think (18 & 2 bald tyres both at the same time )

he was given 5 points and a 6 week ban with a £250 fine so he didn't have to resit his test

but his solicitor managed to prove that he needed his car for work and would have to rely on his parents to take him to work and back the judge didn't see it fair that the parents should be punished for his mistake so asked the fiscal to lower the charges on one of the offences but i can't remember what she lowered it to.

btw I work part time in a solicitors office just now while i'm at college for 2 years then i'll be a solicitors apprentice hopefully.

Ok that really does suck, well sounds like I gotta change mine then as tread is fine but tonnes of cracks in sidewalls, and its like gunna dent my wallet, 100quid per tyre ouchy, 19inch wheels, probaly get some dunlops or firestones

normally my tyres cost £90ish each (so I'm informed anyway), £104 fitted for the pair from blackcircles.com. Getting them fitted on sat :)

normally my tyres cost £90ish each (so I'm informed anyway), £104 fitted for the pair from blackcircles.com. Getting them fitted on sat :)

It depends where I get them from really, what make, and whether road or race tyres ha ha. Doubtful race tyres 19x450 is the size.

• 3 weeks later...

What the f**k. :lol: I'm not, not buying tyres for the fun of it, i'm not buying because i can't afford them at the moment, what on earth makes them think fining people that much will help, if i can't afford 35 quid a tyre how will i afford 2500. :lol:

Police are so so so silly.

Nice to see you got in at the lower end of the punishment then. :)

What the f**k. :lol: I'm not, not buying tyres for the fun of it, i'm not buying because i can't afford them at the moment, what on earth makes them think fining people that much will help, if i can't afford 35 quid a tyre how will i afford 2500. :lol:

To be honest, don't you think you shouldn't be using your car if they're illegal? I mean, some illegal stuff I can see why people do it (sports exhausts for example) but tyres? They seriously effect handling and could give you blow outs if they're in shit condition.