Zhi News

NSE

The ZHI factory has sent me some photographs of unfinished pre-production models.

Manufacture is well under way, lead time 20 – 30 days. They are making every effort to get these to dealers as quickly as possible. Full build options will be available; this answers previous ZHI disc hub questions. No doubt the full builds will arrive here ex brakes, leaving customers to make their own choice, although I can supply with Hope if required. The last image is of the front end of a stock frame.

More details as they arrive.

b41wi8.jpg

b44us0.jpg

b51dm2.jpg

frontendip5.jpg

Is there actually anything beneficial in having the hump ? I don't see anything then why is the hump getting ass shafted by every Chinese company ?

believe monty did actually do it for a reason, think it was to do with when your hooking cant remember though. Obviously people copying it are just doing it for the look and hopeing the fact monty did it will help sell there frame.

believe monty did actually do it for a reason, think it was to do with when your hooking cant remember though. Obviously people copying it are just doing it for the look and hopeing the fact monty did it will help sell there frame.

Its like when the first seatless bikes came out. By Koxx I think, now it hard to get one with a seat! (trials I mean)

and 1095 would be a nightmare for me!

Should be!

1075 MAX

380 chainstays

and about 20-30mm bb rise

Its like when the first seatless bikes came out. By Koxx I think, now it hard to get one with a seat! (trials I mean)

and 1095 would be a nightmare for me!

Should be!

1075 MAX

380 chainstays

and about 20-30mm bb rise

i wouldn't say the hump is anything like that really no seat = less weight and 1 less thing to get in the way hump = look like a penis and make it ever so slightly heavier

Monty did do it for a reason. But do not under estimate the Chinese Mr YAO ZHI is working very hard on the frame side of things. I think that hump might just be more than a looking good gimmick it probably will be helping the overall strength of the frame.

Tom A

Connecting the various structural parts of Trials frame together with straight tubes gives an obvious weight advantage as less metal used. Trials frames are not all about weight saving, the feed back and ride experience is very important, using curved top and down tubes has a huge effect on the feel of a frame, why should Monty have a monopoly on that concept?

ZHI are committed to improving their products without pushing prices out of reach of the average rider. Many have been left high and dry when their high end double disc frame has failed shortly after the warranty period has expired, in future they will have the option to assemble a new bike using a ZHI and their existing parts.

I am considering offering customers that send me their out of warranty cracked/broken double disk frame a discount, (regardless of frame age), if they replace it with a ZHI, are any of you in that situation?

I am considering offering customers that send me their out of warranty cracked/broken double disk frame a discount, (regardless of frame age), if they replace it with a ZHI, are any of you in that situation?

That sounds like an excellent plan. I feel it will become very popular as soon as peoples Dob frames start dying.

• 3 weeks later...
I like the way that they have tried to get the vee pivot as close to the lower 4 bolt mount as possible!

:giggle:

Look pretty tidy, though I can't help but think that if there's not going to be any lateral adjustment then a little more material could be removed in certain areas without really compromising strength by a significant amount

• 2 weeks later...

The next generation of ZHI frames will soon be ready to leave the factory.

Geometries as follows;

All 26 frames - size same

BB 30

1。95 KG

ZM1-20 DISC, 1000 ,360 ,BB60

ZM2 20 DISC, 1010, 350, BB55

BIONIC-B5/B5, 1010, 350, BB60

20 -- ALL 1. 785 KG

img0082nd4.jpg

img0083kb5.jpg

img0085bw2.jpg

img0086bo0.jpg