Earning Money While In The Usa

JT!

Sorry for me forever creating topics about this but i'm getting very desperate now.

Need a way of earning money while in the USA without a work permit. (Then i would go there as a 'tourist')

I wont break the law, but i'm happy to bend it. I'm starting to think along the lines of 'working' for someone, and not getting paid but getting tips?

Or somehow find an online job here in the uk, which i could do anywhere on the globe. Looked on google but they are all scams or 'earn £150 an hour' things where you only spend 2 mins for week and earn £5 or some crap like that.

A Shop on ebay? Would that be worth bothering with. Would that get me at least £60 a week?

Dance on the streets with a hat for people to put money in?

If you have any ideas no matter how stupid, i want to hear them. :)

If anyone actually comes up with an idea that actually works there's a prize in it for them!

I can't suggest any bending that would get past what you're supposed to do, but remember how weak the dollar is at the moment, and how cheap stuff is in the US anyway.

Work your arse off now, sell anything you can, and double your money on the flight over. If you raise £500 now, that'll be a thousand dollars or more in the US!

How long are you going to be out there? Where abouts?

How long are you going to be out there? Where abouts?

Trying to move to minnesota, but can't work, so i need a way of earning money for the time being.

An online job would be idea due to the pound being so strong against the dollar, but i can't find anything.

Edited by JT!

id definitely consider Ebay, i make a reasonable mount off it, just sell everything surplus to you atm for a start.

id maybe consider just working in a bar or hotel etc or maybe doing some laboring over there? cash in hand, you'll probably meet people fast if you get working so options will open up to you quicker than you may think.

i dont think they'll be a totally legal way of doing it. so you may aswell just do something illegally carefully?

You've been clouded by love...

Stop rushing into this, moving country isn't an overnight task, get a proper job organised, get a proper visa, get a proper work permit, there is no such thing as easy money otherwise we'd all be doing it rather then working 9-5 jobs. :)

thats the best piece of advice :)

Yea its good advise, the only problem is this bit...

love...

lmao.... havent really got much too constructive to add though really... get a few paper rounds in the girls name or summink? get enough money to scrape a meal out of that... drugs smuggling?

EDIT... yea just become a small time crack dealer... if your working illegally you may as well be doing illegal work illegally :)

Edited by Simpson

If he gets caught working illegally in the us, which is the only he is gonna make 'real' money without a work permit, then it's bye bye to getting a proper visa.

JT!, how well do you know this girl? seriously i know nothing... did you meet her on interweb, over here, over there on hols? if you don't mind me asking.

What's minimum wage in the US? About $5/hr? That's less than £2.50. I don't know about you, but that would do my head in working for that much. Like other people have said, work your ass off over here and then go and slap the yanks aside with your wodge of proper money that keeps its value :D

JT, what's the rush with this?

If things with you and this lady are steady enough then working for a year or however long in the UK is gonna be insignificant compared to the amount of time you'll be able to legally spend in the US living with her. How old is she? Will she be going to college/uni? Perhaps try to get her to do a year studying at a UK university? Get her to a London university, live with her in the student accomodation and earn lots of cash from the inner London pay rates, temp work is so good.

How long did you spend out there before? Just do the 3 month tourist visa and see what it's like to live there for 3 months, working or not. As Simon-esque (sorry, Si) as this sounds actually living with someone over a prolonged period of time does change the relationship, 95% of the time it's for the best but there is that 5%.

You know that if someone else on here was thinking of doing something similar you'd be offering rational advice. Get your visa, get some work lined up and don't do anything stupid.

Surely someone in her family/extended circle of friends knows someone that'll be able to help? Asking on here and then trying to find that suggestion is gonna be way harder than asking some minnesotians for any work they might have going.

EDIT... yea just become a small time crack dealer... if your working illegally you may as well be doing illegal work illegally :)

I don't think you should go and work illegally just as much as I hate people that come to the UK and work illegally. You should just wait and get a proper visa that means you can work, otherwise you'll go - get caught - and be f**ked in the long run 'cos they'll probably ban you from the US.

Ok, first of all Simon you've made your point in every thread i've made, thanks for looking out for me but i know what i'm doing.

I can not get a work permit, ever. Unless i get training which would be 2 years of my life gone, or if i get married. The usa doesn't allow people to get work permits for just any job they choose.

I can get a tourist visa which will let me be in the USA for something like 3 years, but i can not work there.

I'm not too sure about working cash in hand becuase of it being illigal, last thing i want to do is be kicked out and not been able to be get back in.

I think being a man whore would put serious strains on a relationship. :P

Leedstrials i met her online and spent 2 weeks with her, then went back again for 4 weeks. Known her for a good 2 years now.

Minimum wage is dead low out there, but so is the cost of living. That's why i'd love an online job, it would be ideal becuase i'd be earning loads.

Raub there is no rush, but it's costing me too much money flying back and forth. I can't spend 3 months out there without earning money. not only will i be bored as hell but skint.

Edited by JT!

I can not get a work permit, ever. Unless i get training which would be 2 years of my life gone, or if i get married. The usa doesn't allow people to get work permits for just any job they choose.

Looks like you've got your three options right there if you ask me.

1. Get some kind of training for 2 years and move over after getting a visa.
  2. Get married.
  3. Don't go.

I can not get a work permit, ever. Unless i get training which would be 2 years of my life gone, or if i get married.

If it only takes two years to get the training to be able to live out there with this girl for the rest of your life, then surely that's a sacrifice you should take, another 2 years over here for a lifetimes worth of happiness over there?

The real options are:

Do the training and move out there in two years

Get a job here, and keep taking holidays out there to see her

Give up and find a new girl

There's no easy way into this situation, you cant just move out there cos you fancy a girl, it's not that easy.

Last time I was in America I reckon 20% of people were working without a permit (mostly South American :P ) if your desperate to move it'll have to be a cash in hand job but if you get kicked out and then can't ever get back then that'll be bit of a f**k up on your part if you really want to live with this girl.

Don't rush thats what I say.

Looks like you've got your three options right there if you ask me.

1. Get some kind of training for 2 years and move over after getting a visa.
  2. Get married.
  3. Don't go.

I'd much rather take 2 than 1 to be honest. 3's out of the question.

I can't be arsed to wait another 2 years.

Anyone had experince with eBay shops? I notice loads of people selling cothes and stuff would that be worth doing at all?

What i'm looking for ideally is a way round it. Things like an online job, gambling online (i would but i'm shit at poker), something like that. There's must be hundreds of things like that out there that i just haven't thought of.

Edited by JT!