Viris Wtf Frame Update/announcement

Tim/Trialsin USA

probably been said but the way the seatays meet the downtube and the toptube joins on is suspiciously similar to the vario styx?

Your point being?

It's done like that for good reason, not just to copy the looks of a similar frame. Besides the joins aren't even that similar and are actually better thought out it would appear.

I think it does look quite nice, however, there are a few things.......

The geo looks a lil poo - minus bb rise?? LOL i just read the first page, geo doesn't look bad....but it looks like a minus bb rise.

Also i don't think the name "WTF" is very professionsal. I use bad language a lot which many have heard i'm sure, but i think the name encourages youngsters to use it which i'm not a fan of.

Its great that it has a super stiff rear etc, but i think some research and development should have been put into making it more competitive on the weight front. Todays market seems to be weight weenies and i think it almost taking a step back, as this frame is more than th weight of my pashley back in the day! Is there any chance they could have made a light and strong frame as this is what the market desires.

Also a tad pricey....

On the up side i think its always great to try something new and it looks different which is nice.

Neil

Edited by Clownbike

Also i don't think the name "WTF" is very professionsal. I use bad language a lot which many have heard i'm sure, but i think the name encourages youngsters to use it which i'm not a fan of.

S&M launched the L.A.F years ago and it's been a great success. Infact they've recently released the L.T.F as well!

Light As f**k and Lighter Than f**k (f**k being a really light object i guess)

How long were they tested for before they went into "production"? Also assuming they were tested who was the rider?

Thanks

It seems Frank has been doing the frame for a good while.

[edit]

what the hell? i can't even type ***, Frank will have to do.

Edited by eskimo

thats the ugliest frame ive ever seen

and the name

the f**king name,

virus what the f**k? yes i no its his initals or summet, but still its stupid.

Thank you for your educated, informed and unbiased opinion. I’ll pass your comments on to Frank, I am sure, (based on your remarks), he will redesign the frame, change the name and restructure his business plan.

Weight. Frank designed it to be the stiffest and most durable frame on the market. Weight weenyness and those parameters do not fit in the same sentence.

Looks. As with all bikes, you like it or you don't. Unlike a number of other CNC laden frames currently on the market, this one was designed with function in mind rather than ego stroking looks.

Name. Let someones parents be the morality police.

Price. For a one at a time hand built frame it is actually priced quite low. It is hard to compare something pumped out of the Pulo factory to this.

Tested. Yes, frighteningly, Frank doesn't use the general public to shake out flaws.

Edited by Tim/Trialsin USA

Weight. Frank designed it to be the stiffest and most durable frame on the market. Weight weenyness and those paraeters do not fit in the same sentence.

Looks. As with all bikes, you like it or you don't. Unlike a number of other CNC laden frames currently on the market, this one was designed with function in mind rather than ego stroking looks.

Name. Let someones parents be the morality police.

Price. For a one at a time hand built frame it is actually priced quite low. It is hard to compare something pumped out of the Pulo factory to this.

Tested. Yes, frighteningly, Frank doesn't use the general public to shake out flaws.

Any names of who tested it? I'm just curious you see.

personally if I were to fork out about £500 for a frame it would be a V2 koxx coustellier 3.6lbs, modern geo and stiff as you like. But what do I know?

Any names of who tested it? I'm just curious you see.

personally if I were to fork out about £500 for a frame it would be a V2 koxx coustellier 3.6lbs, modern geo and stiff as you like. But what do I know?

Lance Trappe. 10 year Pro who rides Cirque de Soliel shows twice a day over three hundred days a year. He has to trust what he rides, its his livelihood.

There are alot of nice frames out there. However, I would submit to you that for guys over 12 or 13 stone, they will not feel as stiff as the WTF.

If by "modern" geometry you mean 30+mm up BBs (the WTF is 15mm up), that fad has pretty much passed here. People have settled down (30 and less) to something that does not make some moves harder for the vast number of sub Elite level riders. Every rider is different, and each country finds its own style .........reflected in the geometry.

It is not for everyone (weight weenies for example, or those taking vow of poverty). However, if you are a bigger guy who wants a very stiff and durable frame hand made by a proffessional......it should be worth a consideration.

Edited by Tim/Trialsin USA

does frank build downhill frames? I'm guessing he probably does but they'd be one offs.

I'm just interested because I can see why i'd buy a handmade downhill frame and I already know the quality of his work. I haven't got that much money to blow on a trials frame though.

if any of you know that would be fab.

cheers

Which you would break with ease and have no customer care afterwards.

Lance Trappe. 10 year Pro who rides Cirque de Soliel shows twice a day over three hundred days a year. He has to trust what he rides, its his livelihood.

He was on Evolve, mega smoooooooooth.