Chris Akrigg, Brakeless Part 1

John Shrewsbury

I wouldn't say it was a "FACT" that it was harder to do the stuff he did with brakes on, with the moves he was doing I doubt it'd make much difference?

John - I think people were more having issues with the actual video than the riding? It's a long vid, for relatively little actual riding?

I wouldn't say it was a "FACT" that it was harder to do the stuff he did with brakes on, with the moves he was doing I doubt it'd make much difference?

John - I think people were more having issues with the actual video than the riding? It's a long vid, for relatively little actual riding?

hey mark, i will stand by this point till i die!

Riding brakeless with the brake levers (working) at you finger tips is harder!

Thats from a trials rider point of view i guess.

The temptation is there!

hey mark, i will stand by this point till i die!

Riding brakeless with the brake levers (working) at you finger tips is harder!

Thats from a trials rider point of view i guess.

The temptation is there!

From someone who used to do "death grip" stuff on their trials bike, once you get your head around it it's not really a hell of a lot different. There's still a difference there, but the actual feel of riding brakeless is totally different to knowing you can still stop. The fact you know you could stop 'cos you've got brakes might make you think about it differently, but the actual move won't be different.

From someone who used to do "death grip" stuff on their trials bike, once you get your head around it it's not really a hell of a lot different. There's still a difference there, but the actual feel of riding brakeless is totally different to knowing you can still stop. The fact you know you could stop 'cos you've got brakes might make you think about it differently, but the actual move won't be different.

fair point dude!

the hardest is doing both styles with the lever there!

:D

What part of that video was meant to make me want to buy a mongoose?

Nice moves great skill. But its not a patch on BMX. I wouldn't even call that shit BMX to be honest.

Ah well good luck to him he's got by with what he's doing for years before I started riding.

What part of that video was meant to make me want to buy a mongoose?

Nice moves great skill. But its not a patch on BMX. I wouldn't even call that shit BMX to be honest.

Ah well good luck to him he's got by with what he's doing for years before I started riding.

it really was like watching bad bmx

Hopefully you've seen John's edited first post (Y)

I totally understand people's hate for Apple stuff. Don't get me wrong I like my G5 tower and the simplicity of Final Cut (and the fact its used a lot in the industry), but I don't totally bum Apple like some of the tards that queue for days to get a new iPod or whatever. iTunes works for some, doesn't for others, its just the way it is I guess.

And yeah, I was disappointed with this video for all the reasons that have been stated already lol.

you re right. I m gay

forgive me :lol:

I lost interest after 6 minutes of pretty repetitive stuff. The 4 minute lead in, WTF is that all about, that could have been cut down with some faster music to about 20 - 25 seconds at the very most. That begining of that video was quite pretentious if you ask me, I was reminded of when I first got Premiere, and it was all just editing for editings sake.

I suppose it's pretty impressive from a riding perspective, I would have however, expected better from Akrigg.

Edited by James