F1

Fish-Finger-er

Well unless i missed it, i certainly saw no visible indication that rubens tyre was deflating or having to slow down after that crazy inside pass by hamilton down the main straight....

To be fair, you heard a radio call telling Rubens to pit because of a puncture which is odd. I'm fairly sure as an F1 driver, he'd know he had a puncture and would be on the radio telling his team to get ready to change a wheel, not the other way round.

even though the brawn team tactically brought Rubens in for an extra tyre stop he didn't need :o , all in the name of ensuring the business status i guess...

Well unless i missed it, i certainly saw no visible indication that rubens tyre was deflating or having to slow down after that crazy inside pass by hamilton down the main straight....

LOLman.jpg

Firstly Rubens got a puncture from Hamiltons undertake when Lewis clipped Rubens rear tyre. In addition to that the positions at the time Rubens had to go to the pits meant Jenson was world drivers champion anyway, Rubens puncture and subsequent pit stop were just an unfortunate blow to his race and his bid for 2nd in the championship.

additional.

To be fair, you heard a radio call telling Rubens to pit because of a puncture which is odd. I'm fairly sure as an F1 driver, he'd know he had a puncture and would be on the radio telling his team to get ready to change a wheel, not the other way round.

It's possible Rubens had radioed to ask if there was a problem because he felt there may be an issue but the sensors to tell the drivers crew the tyre pressures are far more sensitive than Rubens could have been after only a couple of corners, they'd have known almost immediately that pressures were dropping.

Edited by Dan Campbell

That was my initial thought, that the team used that minor collision/rub as an opportunity to call rubens in for a tyre stop. Rubens was still driving at full speed after hamilton passed him and clearly showing no indication from his driving that he need to pit. Why didnt rubens radio in to the team instead of the other way round? Im still happy for jenson either way. interesting how the live pitstop cameras was cut when ruben drove away so we never got the opporunity to see the damage to the rear tyre.

Edited by Rusevelt

That was my initial thought, that the team used that minor collision/rub as an opportunity to call rubens in for a tyre stop. Rubens was still driving at full speed after hamilton passed him and clearly showing no indication from his driving that he need to pit. Why didnt rubens radio in to the team instead of the other way round? Im still happy for jenson either way.

He did, we just didn't hear it. He complained about vibrations and they radioed back saying that was the cause. You ever heard of slow punctures? Jeez... Always a conspiracy theorist.

Nicely done Jenson.

That was my initial thought, that the team used that minor collision/rub as an opportunity to call rubens in for a tyre stop. Rubens was still driving at full speed after hamilton passed him and clearly showing no indication from his driving that he need to pit. Why didnt rubens radio in to the team instead of the other way round? Im still happy for jenson either way.

I'll say it again, Rubens position at the time of the puncture would still have allowed Jenson to win the WDC. Rubens having to pit made no difference to that. All it did was mean Rubens is now a couple of points behind Vettel going into the last race so Rubens has to work harder and finish better to achieve 2nd in the WDC. Brawn took no advantage to either driver by bringing Rubens in unnecessarily, in fact it would've been bloody stupid given anything can happen even in the last few laps.

He did, we just didn't hear it. He complained about vibrations and they radioed back saying that was the cause. You ever heard of slow punctures? Jeez... Always a conspiracy theorist.

Nicely done Jenson.

Rubens complained about the vibrations from his front right tyre (iirc) prior to Hamilton clipping him. The team then radioed a few corners in to the lap to inform him of the puncture seemingly caused by Lewis.

That was my initial thought, that the team used that minor collision/rub as an opportunity to call rubens in for a tyre stop. Rubens was still driving at full speed after hamilton passed him and clearly showing no indication from his driving that he need to pit. Why didnt rubens radio in to the team instead of the other way round? Im still happy for jenson either way. interesting how the live pitstop cameras was cut when ruben drove away so we never got the opporunity to see the damage to the rear tyre.

Right let's try and SHUT YOU UP... I mean... politely correct you.

I don't know if you were watching the entirety of BBC's coverage but at the beginning there was some discussion over how the BrawnGP team has been split into two camps, one for Rubens and one for Jensen. In case you hadn't noticed the guys on Rubens' side believed fully that they and their driver were gunning for the championship. There was no bias towards either team member in that garage. Plus Ross Brawn is about as professional as it gets so I am 100% sure he would not tolerate any "sabotaging" of either drivers' chances.

So to the instance in question.

As several members have pointed out, as Lewis was overtaking Rubens his right front wing end plate clipped Rubens' left rear tyre. It became apparent to Ruben's race engineers that this impact had caused a slow puncture, probably because they could tell from the pressure sensors in his car that the left rear tyre was losing air. If Rubens thought he could continue without significant loss of time do you REALLY think he would have come in? Not a chance! Winning or even podiuming at Brazil would have meant such a huge amount to him.

So therefore he had to pit to have the tyre changed so he could continue the race safely and at full pace.

And what the hell are you talking about the pit stop cameras cutting? As if the BBC would want to hide the MASSIVE CONSPIRACY you seem to have fabricated for your own entertainment? Considering the tyre wasn't completely flat I imagine the damage wasn't much to look at and was probably a tiny tear (not forgetting these tyres are built as thinly as is safely possible).

Anyway!

Massive congratulations to Jensen for becoming a world champion and a good job done by both him and Rubens on the constructors' championship.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to S.Vettel for bagging the win even though L.Hamilton owned the first half of the race until his engine let go. Love the way the light fades from daylight to darkness during the race, and that matrix-style cgi 3D scaling thing of the cars approaching the first corner (during one of the replays) was pretty neat. Nice end to the grand prix season (Y)

Just me or have F1 managed to pour millions into yet another oh thats a really pretty track, witch then produces a boring race. They need to start building real tracks again instead of all this formation racing bo**ocks that seems to be popular to build atm.

Realistically they need to stop f**king the rules around massively every single year, meaning that the majority of teams have uncompetitive cars for the first part of the season that they then get sorted out. If people are driving cars that aren't as good as they can be, then it's never going to lead to them being able to make the most of over-taking opportunities. The fact you get penalised for causing accidents probably means people pussy out of trying certain moves too.

Either way, it's MotoGP for the passing and F1 for the spectacle, as we all know ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen on sky news that Jenson Button is joining Maclaren for 2010 season. I guess Brawn weren't prepared to give jenson his pay demands as world champion, esspecially after the fact he took a pay cut to help team succeed during their debut season. thats gratitude for you.

My dad reckons it's the worst move Jenson could make because McLaren revolve around Lewis. I don't think so- I think McLaren are smarter (and fairer) than that and can't wait to see two of the best drivers in the world, with such totally different styles (and both British) fighting it out in equal machinery. Provided the team can put a good car together next season could be pretty damn interesting!

Just seen on sky news that Jenson Button is joining Maclaren for 2010 season. I guess Brawn weren't prepared to give jenson his pay demands as world champion, esspecially after the fact he took a pay cut to help team succeed during their debut season. thats gratitude for you.

I think it more to do with the fact that Brawn GP has been bought by Mercedes (now Mercedes GP) and they want German drivers, so British Jenson Button is out.

QUOTE (Joey B @ Nov 18 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it more to do with the fact that Brawn GP has been bought by Mercedes (now Mercedes GP) and they want German drivers, so British Jenson Button is out.

That's the one (Y)

Hopefully McLaren can sort their act out and get the cars performing like they were last year, would be nice to have 2 British drivers fighting for the championship next year!

• 2 months later...