Songs With Sentimental Meaning...

Danny Kearns

Hey guys, Just been having a listen through my 20 odd thousand songs in a playlist and was wondering, is there any old or general songs that have a certain meaning to you or remind you of old times good or bad.

Listening to these songs has brough back so much it's well wierd.

How about you ?

Evanescence - My Immortal.

When me a good mate of mine were 15, his big sister was killed in a car accident in Buenos Aires. He flew out there and whilst he was there, he sent me a link to where I could download and listen to the song. I must have listened to it about 50 times in two days. If you have a big sister or even if you don't, the lyrics should be pretty explantory as to how I felt at that time.

Also Nothing Else Matters - Metallica, really got me through a lot of bad times.

Rich

When me a good mate of mine were 15, his big sister was killed in a car accident in Buenos Aires. He flew out there and whilst he was there, he sent me a link to where I could download and listen to the song. I must have listened to it about 50 times in two days. If you have a big sister or even if you don't, the lyrics should be pretty explantory as to how I felt at that time.

Also Nothing Else Matters - Metallica, really got me through a lot of bad times.

Rich

Yes! this song has seen me through some good and some bad times, it just manages to pull me from what ever rut im in, seems like i have a metallica song for every occasion lol, hence the reason i have the metallica logo tattoo'd on my arm, as it symbolises a bad part of my life that there music helped me through.

Ben

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now

When I was at school we watched a film about Johnny Kennedy (for those who don't know who he is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Kennedy) and it was played at his funeral at the end of the film. The film basically showed how hard his life was, but he never gave up and always tryed to make the best of everything. After watching that i realised how lucky i am and that things could be much worse, that song reminds me of that and helps me get though stuff.

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now

When I was at school we watched a film about Johnny Kennedy (for those who don't know who he is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Kennedy) and it was played at his funeral at the end of the film. The film basically showed how hard his life was, but he never gave up and always tryed to make the best of everything. After watching that i realised how lucky i am and that things could be much worse, that song reminds me of that and helps me get though stuff.

Wow, I remember that documentary on Channel 4...very moving. Good how he always kept the sense of humour about the whole thing.

Couple from when a good friend (and uni supervisor) was killed Kitesurfing last year... Blink 182 'I miss you' was played a lot around that time and one which isn't really a sentimental track but something I'll never forget is 50 Cent 'What Up Gangsta' which was played at his funeral while everyone walked out past his coffin (complete with kite surfing board on top), not because he or his wife liked it, purely to catch people off guard and put a smile on peoples faces. Can't watch Edwin's part in Can I Eat? now without thinking of Charlie :)

Naive - The Kooks. The summer of 2006 brought me so many good memories and this song was the soundtrack to that summer. The Ocean - The Bravery got my through some hard times. Artists such as Reel Big Fish, New Found Glory etc get me over petty things e.g. relationship break ups, as the lyrics just remind me to get over it and get on with it.

Shinobi Vs Dragon ninga- Lost Prophet

Summer of 06 when my best mate was still in the country, she has moved away and we rocked out and when it paused then jumped back in we would jump of the chairs and sofas playing air guitar :P haha SADDD!!!

Anyway good times, god i miss her, i just wanna go to the pub with her :(

Rich

wouldnt say it has sentimental meaning but its a fu*king awesome song.

'Right where I belong' by 3 Doors Down I was walkin along with my two best and closest friends once, and the sun came out and we all laughed at a joke or somethin and that song came on the shuffle of my iPod and i was just struck by how perfect a moment it was. That song always makes me think of those two now.

-Charlie-

How to save a life - The Fray, especially when i watch it in that epposode of scrubs. Brings back some memories ive had and that epposode is a real tear jerker if you into scrubs.

I LOVED that episode

so awesome

Jamie T - sheila, farse - hopskotch and Avril lavigne - when your gone, 'cause they remind me of my girlfriend loads.

anything by 36 crazy fists and enter shikari - anything can happen in the next half hour, remind me of 06/07, two awesome years for me really, when I came out of my shell and started travelling, going out loads, meeting new people etc. good timesss.

Stuff by three doors down, reminds me of al the old days, riding and what not

they're the main ones I think, bring back good memories

Something Corporate - Konstantine. Began as a real sad song for me, and has just become a great song for memories. It's a really special one.

:deej:

I'd never heard of the band or the song until DJ's funeral.. I downloaded it when I got in and since then it has been my favourite song of all time. It's sad and emotional, but kinda puts me in a good mood.. If that makes sense? All their music is pretty amazing to be honest..

2Pac - Dear Mama sends a shiver down my spine when I hear it.. Mainly because it makes me think of my mum and how much I appreciate her, and I put it on a cd for her and she loves it. Emotional song!

There's loads more, but they are the main two.

R-Kelly - The Worlds Greatest

Was at my mates funeral last Tuesday, just reminds me of him.

I could type an essay right now but i'm not going to, because I have to revise (N).

Adam.

Edited by Adam L

Jamie T - sheila

Amazing. Reminds me of when me and a few mates used to go to the pub every Wednesday for a mid-week sess - play pool and mess about, and it used to be on the jukebox constantly. Good times!

Still go out with em all though so its no 'forgotten memory' as such.

Edited by anzo

I have a cd which my ex gave me, I don't listen to it much as all i think about is her. But a song that was on the album was on scrubs the other night. I was almost in tears!!

Taking back sunday. album. same as above. Kinda suck when I like a band / album but cannot listen to them as it brings back memories of what I kinda miss!!!

Manics - Born a girl. On the way back from Greece when I was about 14....

Norther - Omen

The song which was playing at the concert from norther themselves where my former girlfriend stood in my arms the whole night, that was the first time I hold her. Was very much in love with her at the time, still am actually..

Already was afraid the lyrics of the song were going about my future with her at that time. The lyrics is about losing someone you love.

God a few more, but can't be bothered to write it up now.