Magura Hs33 - Not Made For Comp

BenLeacock™

Hey guys, today i emailed magura to find out if there was anything they could do about the 5 levers that ive snapped in last 12months. They asked me if I had been riding any comps or natural, i told them the true story, yes been riding natural a couple of times, and cause i was at blackpool comp just said i was there but didnt compete.

Hi Ben,

well unfortunately by your own admission you enter into

competition , as with all company policies racing and competition

use ivalidates all warranty.

It seams quite strange you have broken so many levers in

such a short time, we have pro- riders we sponser who only get

through one set per season.

I would be quite interested to se the photos of your broken

components.

Did anyone else no that this is the case ? Ads or dan ko were you aware of that ?

Now im f**ked with 5 broken levers at home :| Pritty gutted to be honest. Im going to try say that i didnt actualy compete at blackpool just rode the rocks, and that my standad isnt ''amazing ?''

Ben

It's a bit silly that, but it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Most manufacturers will void the warranty if you tell them you took part in a competition - even though "new school" street use is much harder on bicycle parts than comps or natty.

We've got a very good situation with Deng giving proper warranty for his parts, unfortunately this is usually not the case with other manufacturers :(

I don't think there's anything you can do about this mate, sorry.

Edit: besides, if you broke 5 levers in 12 months this is definitely not due to any manufacturing defects.

Edited by Inur

How have you broken 5 levers? I've been riding for 2 years with the same magura.

I didnt actualy brake one i dunno what it is, one of them my mate pulled and it snapped were it goes onto the bar! Ive done 2 like that, and 2 of the other ones i was riding in kendal, and were the bleed bolt it above it (old style magura) it started to crack, then like a lump of metal came off ! Im going to get pictures tomorow will shove them in ehre aswell !

It's a bit silly that, but it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Most manufacturers will void the warranty if you tell them you took part in a competition - even though "new school" street use is much harder on bicycle parts than comps or natty.

We've got a very good situation with Deng giving proper warranty for his parts, unfortunately this is usually not the case with other manufacturers sad.gif

I don't think there's anything you can do about this mate, sorry.

Cheers inur, yer i was thinking theres nothing I can do now. I just wrote saying like there is nothing on your site or on the packaging that says not made for competition or competition voids warenty. So ill just see if that makes any difference.

Edited by BenLeacock™

Ring em back, say pretty much the same thing, but no i havent ridden comps! Blag it mate! I do loads of it at work, to people like magura, or i you emailed them, use a different address! Explain it propperly, but if you broke 2 by pulling them, surely that means warrenty should be valid!

Just try loads of different things like that. One of em is bound to work. However, magura arent the best to deal with, from personal experiences for things like warrenty, not like Hope!

Good luck with getting free stuff :D

Owen

Try sending them direct to Venhill with a covering letter and see what they say. Seeing as 99% of magura rim brakes are used by trials riders they must have some experience with dealing with failures. Don't expect miracles but it can't hurt to ask.

erm thats not true dave, in germany they use them in a similar mannor to how we use vee brakes, maggies are everywhere out there. and not to mention xc riders

its the lever body, new stle once old style once, its around were it grips the bar

How tight do you do the bolts?

I have mine so with a little bit of force i can move the lever up and down, that also means if you fall off and hit it, instead of snapping, it will just move around!

Owen

In fairness you can't really over tighten them, if you do the lever blade doesn't move.

Unless you mean the bar clamp?

Edit: Read through... Lol.

Yeah over tightening... In that case mine are probably over tight...

Edited by Quackers!!

There is a torque setting for that bolt and overtightening it WILL crack the clamp unfortunately...

If you want to try and get them replaced, send them back to Magura and they will x-ray them to check for a fault in the casting - if there is a fault they will replace it.