Rulong Frames

ZHI_Chris

He can say that because more than likely he will be importing them into the country for people like he does with echo dob and so on. Also the fact he noes alot of chinese riders and manufacturers and shops so if he says if it is another company then im sure it is. As geo wise goes im pritty sure its the same as a 231 kamel at least very similar.

And 116 spaceing is bloody anoying because we are all fine with it being 135 and not many people snap axels nowadays. And it just makes it more expensive when its comes to changeing frames.

116 on stock is realy nice... if u have proper snailcams (monty ti ones) there is NO problems at all with 116....

i had more trubble with my KOT with 135, setting up, hanger etc...

Hopefully 116 will be standard in the future.... :D

116 on stock is realy nice... if u have proper snailcams (monty ti ones) there is NO problems at all with 116....

i had more trubble with my KOT with 135, setting up, hanger etc...

Hopefully 116 will be standard in the future.... :D

why not 135 with horizontal dropouts?

way forward?

think so....

Matx

seems like one of them phoenix company scenario things o.o

DOBbike.com no longer works - DOB died?

Rulong appears.

I ordered a frames and rims from DOB, and its been almost a month, and i havent received my order i've paid for being an Australian importer. It feels like i been scammed.

zhi, do you know these guys? i cant get in touch with the guys from DOB

DOB is not died, just some problem with the website.

Sorry, I have no idea about the Australian importer.

If you want to contact the guys from DOB, I can help you.

Ok, I think people are getting a bit het up here. While some of you may think this is working as an advert I don’t think it is the same as a banner. I think it is no different from (for example) tensile showing everyone their new tensioner a little while ago in the news section, where people also ask about prices. Its a good thing.

As to whether this is DOB, whats to say the factory that makes dob frames is not at fault for the similarities between this frame and the dob? This is all just speculation though and I'm not sure what purpose it serves, do you think this frame will take a significant amount of sales from monty or dob? I still think providing frames at the sorts of prices mentioned earlier is a good thing, but there will always be more of a risk as you simply don’t know anything about the company. I think a fair proportion of what you pay money for on a frame is related to reputation, and that’s not a bad thing as then you know the frame is quality and will last, and there are reliable customer services in place if not (not that I’m commenting either way on either zhi or rulong).

Still, poxy 116 spacing…

Why can't someone make a stock frame with horizontal dropouts and 135mm spacing? It would be the ideal solution.

Whats with all these super bright colours? My eye's hurt!

MBK t1000 evo 2 has horizontal dropouts and 135mm spacing. Not cheap or that light though.

Edited by Elliot

Ok, I think people are getting a bit het up here. While some of you may think this is working as an advert I don’t think it is the same as a banner. I think it is no different from (for example) tensile showing everyone their new tensioner a little while ago in the news section, where people also ask about prices. Its a good thing.

Tensile is a sub brand of Onza, Onza pay to advertise on this forum. Dob/Rulong get free press releases whenever "Zhi" gets info on them, then he posts a ridiculously low price because he can get them direct from China and undercut all the shops. It's just a bit cheeky.

Ok, I think people are getting a bit het up here. While some of you may think this is working as an advert I don't think it is the same as a banner. I think it is no different from (for example) tensile showing everyone their new tensioner a little while ago in the news section, where people also ask about prices. Its a good thing.

Tensile showing off a booster they've made is different to someone just saying "Oh, look at this frame", waiting for someone to ask how much, then posting up a price that's undercutting the UK stores 'cos it's from a different country, and the warranty would probably be a bit shadier. Even when actual stores like Tartybikes put stuff up in the News section, they just say what's up, then you can go to their website to check out prices 'n' stuff, but there's the option to go somewhere else because they don't just say "GO TO TARTYBIKES AND BUY FROM US." If this 'Zhi' dude had some sort of website or something along those lines where you could get all the info in one place, then it'd maaaaaybe be alright, but as it is, it's just him undercutting stores and making a profit using the forum as his store?

Well, I don't want to offend anybody and make any argument.

If the topic go against the rule, I am sorry.

technically I don't think you have. This is trials news and we want to know about new products all the time. I don't know what you're original post was like, but at the moment its just fine, just dont post any more about the company (Y)

Personally, no. It looks vaguely similar to the kamel which is enough to put me right off. having said that, the geo looks ok for the mod version :o

I'm not bothered about if he's "being cheekey and undercutting shop prices.....", that makes no difference to the way I feel about buying a frame. This may sound a bit harsh but if ZHI can get me a frame for £50 cheaper than Tarty I will buy from him, even if it is putting Tarty's business down, after all it is a BUSINESS not a friendship. However, I do respect the fact that Tarty and Trials-Uk do make a substantial effort to remain a 'friendly' business. All I want is the best deal. Oh, and I'm not exactly an Admin so not going to comment on the 'Is ZHI advertising without paying blah blah blah" topic.

technically I don't think you have. This is trials news and we want to know about new products all the time. I don't know what you're original post was like, but at the moment its just fine, just dont post any more about the company (Y)

Personally, no. It looks vaguely similar to the kamel which is enough to put me right off. having said that, the geo looks ok for the mod version :o

That's the original post.

Just someone asked the price and I replied.

Tensile showing off a booster they've made is different to someone just saying "Oh, look at this frame", waiting for someone to ask how much, then posting up a price that's undercutting the UK stores 'cos it's from a different country, and the warranty would probably be a bit shadier. Even when actual stores like Tartybikes put stuff up in the News section, they just say what's up, then you can go to their website to check out prices 'n' stuff, but there's the option to go somewhere else because they don't just say "GO TO TARTYBIKES AND BUY FROM US." If this 'Zhi' dude had some sort of website or something along those lines where you could get all the info in one place, then it'd maaaaaybe be alright, but as it is, it's just him undercutting stores and making a profit using the forum as his store?

I'm not trying to undercutting stores. I really glad to help stores to contact the company.

Totally agree about the advertising marlarky. But he hasnt actually said anything about him importing them or selling them he just posted some pics up of a new companies frames. We all want to know about these new frames and i feel hes gone about it in the correct way. Ill edit part of my previous post as shops may not like what i stated and i understand.

I'm not bothered about if he's "being cheekey and undercutting shop prices.....", that makes no difference to the way I feel about buying a frame. This may sound a bit harsh but if ZHI can get me a frame for £50 cheaper than Tarty I will buy from him, even if it is putting Tarty's business down, after all it is a BUSINESS not a friendship. However, I do respect the fact that Tarty and Trials-Uk do make a substantial effort to remain a 'friendly' business. All I want is the best deal. Oh, and I'm not exactly an Admin so not going to comment on the 'Is ZHI advertising without paying blah blah blah" topic.

So what happens if Tarty went out of business? No big deal, right?

Their money helps support trials-forum, so that could close. Other retailers would sell the stuff they do, but with as much care, information or such high service levels? Maybe not, so trials riders would lose out.

If all you care about is price, then buy frames cheap from some dude storing them in his garage who won't be there if your frame breaks in a month, and isn't operating a business properly.

If you want a good experience, and proper support as a rider, then buy reputable brands from reputable dealers. For a few quid more, everyone benefits.

Perhaps that is what the majority want, but I don't. I don't have enough cash to buy brand new frames from Tarty just because of the warranty and the fact it's a "reputable" dealer. I don't want to cause an arguement over this because I don't see at as much of a big deal as yet. I have no problem with Tarty or Trials-Uk what so ever, and I'm sure most other people don't. Whilst the vast majority of people are still buying from Tarty it's hardly going to go out of business, and if it does then it will be for a reason such as prices being far too high for the MAJORITY.

Any ideas of price? someone needs to bring out some STUPID cheap frames like 70 quid jobbies :S

even if they where lowe quality alot of people would still buy cheap frames like that.

Marinobike ;)

Tensile showing off a booster they've made is different to someone just saying "Oh, look at this frame", waiting for someone to ask how much, then posting up a price that's undercutting the UK stores 'cos it's from a different country, and the warranty would probably be a bit shadier
No warranty at all

Perhaps that is what the majority want, but I don't. I don't have enough cash to buy brand new frames from Tarty just because of the warranty and the fact it's a "reputable" dealer. I don't want to cause an arguement over this because I don't see at as much of a big deal as yet. I have no problem with Tarty or Trials-Uk what so ever, and I'm sure most other people don't. Whilst the vast majority of people are still buying from Tarty it's hardly going to go out of business, and if it does then it will be for a reason such as prices being far too high for the MAJORITY.
Tarty can't sell things for a massive loss now, can they? Go learn about business then come back with a proper response to the issue

One or two frames won't kill Tarty, no, but when it goes further, it'll put a massive pressure on them and everyone else in a similar situation and, as said, have a detrimental effect on UK (and to some extent global) trials

If you can't afford new, either save or buy second hand. You seem to think you're the only one who can't afford to just go out and buy whatever shit they want? Step nito the real world...

Totally agree about the advertising marlarky. But he hasnt actually said anything about him importing them or selling them he just posted some pics up of a new companies frames. We all want to know about these new frames and i feel hes gone about it in the correct way. Ill edit part of my previous post as shops may not like what i stated and i understand.

It's just news to us. Can really pass this as advertising or promotion in any way. Basically its telling us whats new in the market

The post where he said you could buy them from him for £___ got deleted.

I'm not bothered about if he's "being cheekey and undercutting shop prices.....", that makes no difference to the way I feel about buying a frame.

...and? Whether you're poor or not, that doesn't change the fact that shops that pay to advertise on TF (Thus keeping it running) aren't happy about this guy effectively using the forum as a free storefront for his business (As I said before), and without banners this forum won't exist?

EDIT: For some reason, I read the company name as "Are you long?".

Quick question....

Is there an official rule on what consist of advertising in TF? If I follow it correctly if your are not paying to advertise here you may not mention any other product here?

Just a scenario: If I have seen another "new" trials bike and posted it here would that be counted as advertisement? If I know the owner and I could let you guys get in touch with him would that be violating this advertising rule?

Marino doesn't pay here and he was mentioned is that considered as advertisement too?

Sounds like it borders on a very thin line.