Car Insurance

Ash-Kennard

they have been soo shite, 1900 for a 1.3 seat. 1300 for a 1.2 corsa wtf

Thats about what i would expect though Ash!

If i were you i would try and get on your parents insurance for a couple of years then hope that they do a deal where if you stay with that insurer they would give you the no claims you could have earnt, thats what mine did, insurance was £1000 fully comp on the Audi last year, this year i changed insurer and it has gone down to £460 fully comp :)

Adam

Thats about what i would expect though Ash!

If i were you i would try and get on your parents insurance for a couple of years then hope that they do a deal where if you stay with that insurer they would give you the no claims you could have earnt, thats what mine did, insurance was £1000 fully comp on the Audi last year, this year i changed insurer and it has gone down to £460 fully comp :)

Adam

ok, guess ill have to do that then.

im in the same situation and from what i can see its pay now or pay later, you need no claims for cheep insurance.

Best company i found to be was direct line far better quotes than any other company and they dont boost it up once you pass your test.

to be honest car insurance aint gonna be far under £1500 for whatever at this age.

Its all good being a named driver on a car but the second you get your own insurance it gets bumped back up to 1k ish. If your gonna go that route do it with a company that does name driver no claims then it can kinda help. Also there trying to crack down on people being "named drivers" when there actually driving the car more, dunno how they can like but they are.

But yeah its a joke (Y)

Edited by Swize

I'm with direct line at moment 1500 third party fire and theft for my mk polo coupe s 1.3, however if i could of paid it off straight away then it would of been 1250. :l ha oh well however they won't insure me on my new car, mk4 golf gt tdi 110bhp because their policy is that i have to be 21 or with 2 years no claims :( so i'm having to look for another qoute which i got off ad flux, fully comp 1313 gunna see if anyone can give me a cheaper quote.

You have a womb.

Your information is invalid.

As is Kennard.

Also, the method Smo mentioned a while back about getting cheaper insurance sounds interesting - might be worth considering :P

I didn't tell Tesco I don't have balls.

edit: oops, I did tell them

edit2: uh oh. I did wonder why he had taken the lock off the spare room's door.

Edited by amanda

it shouldn't be anywhere near that ash!

My first year when I was 17 cost me £452 on a 998 Mini, that went up to £999 after a gay stupid crash which took away the benefit of pass plus.

Then when I was 19 with all mods declared it was just £630 with HIC, and now the Mini is only £168 a year fully comp!

The audi cost me £1900 when I was 19, £900 when I was 20, and now £700 now I'm 21.

I've also insured Tori's 1.4 Polo fully comp for her, as a named driver on my policy, for just £400 with her as a learner.

yea, nick, the quotes hes getting aint that far off the mark, its 3 years since i did my test. but it was £1250 tpft, for a 1.4 306. and i live in the arse end of nowhere.

granted, its now 3 years on, and im paying £730 fully comp, for an £8000 car, thats a bit quicker than me first car.

Ahh poor Ash!!

I'm paying £200 fully comp on the 1.4 Volvo 340 WITHOUT using any of my NCB :D

As everyone has already said, there's no "best" company. A price comparison site and a load of telephone calls is your best bet. Either that or get a different car.

Andy