Zhi New Bike

ZHI_Chris

Not gonna mention the 'K' word. The disc side dropout look like a bit of a bodge- 'Better stick a gusset there'. 'Nope, still cracks'. 'Howabout another one there?'. 'Nope, still cracks'. 'Better add another one there'. 'Bugger, we've run out of places to put gussets'. That, along with the rather basic looking dropout itself doesn't do much for me. Rest of the frame looks reasonable, though it's a dead ringer for the K... or is it the R...

Zhi are shit! All they do is rip other people work.

Design something that hasn't already been done (N)

Yao Zhi ( Founder and owner of zhi bike)

He use to ride for deng back in 2000-2005 or something not to sure. etc.. Then moved on into his own company of designing his own parts etc so he gets his ideas of different manufacturer but changes geo's and colours etc. He is basically trying to make zhi worth more the money basically pay half the price due to the prices been really good value. I cant go wrong with zhi as i am running some zhi forks which are replica forks of urbans but half the price and the 4 bolt mounts are forward not backwards.

when are people gonna get over them selves and stop talking utter shit...??? maybe when you can ever build a frame then you can slate it..

im i think its great to have all these copamys making cheaper frames as the cheaper the better all do the same job at the end of the day??? or dont they am i missing summit here??

when are people gonna get over them selves and stop talking utter shit...??? maybe when you can ever build a frame then you can slate it..

im i think its great to have all these copamys making cheaper frames as the cheaper the better all do the same job at the end of the day??? or dont they am i missing summit here??

Im with you!

Not all of us can afford these uber expensive monty's or whatever! So why not make a cheaper alternative? Which will most likely sell more, if not appeal to more riders!

I think its a good idea personally!

Frames are looks sweet Zhi! Do you know how much they are?

Owen

doesnt look to be anything wrong with the welds to me..................

ash

Not exactly smooth and even, and there appears to be a gap in one of them? Welds on the dropouts look toss too, as does the actual dropout itself.

Cheap frames are all well and good, but if they're not particularly strong, after you've broken one and bought a new one, you've almost covered the price of one of the original frames anyway, for the most part. Equally, if these companies are purely leeching ideas from larger companies, then just making crappy clones of them, when people buy these frames they're taking away the profits of the companies who are actually coming up with the new ideas in the first place. It's just not a particularly sustainable way of making frames.

Not exactly smooth and even, and there appears to be a gap in one of them? Welds on the dropouts look toss too, as does the actual dropout itself.

Cheap frames are all well and good, but if they're not particularly strong, after you've broken one and bought a new one, you've almost covered the price of one of the original frames anyway, for the most part. Equally, if these companies are purely leeching ideas from larger companies, then just making crappy clones of them, when people buy these frames they're taking away the profits of the companies who are actually coming up with the new ideas in the first place. It's just not a particularly sustainable way of making frames.

Totaly dont agree with that... If someone has enough money to buy the more expensive frame then they will... simple as!

Totaly dont agree with that... If someone has enough money to buy the more expensive frame then they will... simple as!

WORD. Its like the base frames Id say. cheap as chips but its no too bad street geo, looks good has a disc mount and is fairly strong. anyway thats not the point of the thread. I still like the frames and Who cares who coppies who. it makes it better for the buyer if there is competition between companies. (Y)

love you ricky.

First off, if your after reliable info with whats happening with ZHI (the company that is, and not a forum user that uses the brand name for his id), check out the posts in news. The photographs published here may well be of a pre production model and as such a poor reflection of the finished item.

ZHI frames have so far proved reliable, to back that up, I as the importer offer a good warranty of six months then a half price replacement period. So far in 2008 a ZHI frame has won every Elite national competition held in the U.K. - a 100% record, what more can you ask from a sub £300 pound product?

Mark's post has some if's and but's in it, (Cheap frames are all well and good, but if they're not particularly strong), time has already proved that although ZHI frames are good value, they are strong In the event of failure due to a manufacturing fault it will be replaced.