Zhi New Bike

ZHI_Chris

So far in 2008 a ZHI frame has won every Elite national competition held in the U.K. - a 100% record, what more can you ask from a sub £300 pound product?

If I were one of your riders, I'd be a tad annoyed with that statement. So the reason they won was nothing to do with the skill of the riders, it was ALL because of the bike...

Anywho on to the products. Im all for companies using new designs and technologies to progress their own range of frames, but to look at a bike, and go "Make me one of those", is a bit off. Monty have invested loads of money into design, testing and prototyping. For some other company to try and make a profit out of Montys hard work, I'm affraid I cant respect a company like that.

If I were one of your riders, I'd be a tad annoyed with that statement. So the reason they won was nothing to do with the skill of the riders, it was ALL because of the bike...

Anywho on to the products. Im all for companies using new designs and technologies to progress their own range of frames, but to look at a bike, and go "Make me one of those", is a bit off. Monty have invested loads of money into design, testing and prototyping. For some other company to try and make a profit out of Montys hard work, I'm affraid I cant respect a company like that.

If I supported the riders in question I suppose they may share your point of view – but I don’t, you need to check your facts before posting.

That aside you have totally missed my point, which is;

There is no need to spend a figure approaching £500, (or more), to own a reliable, competitive frame. My response was to comments made prior to my post and should not be read in isolation, as often happens on the forum.

Totaly dont agree with that... If someone has enough money to buy the more expensive frame then they will... simple as!

People don't just magically happen to have the money for stuff though in a lot of situations - like when I first bought a trials bike, I saved all my money up so I could get the T-Bird for £219.99. If I'd had the option of going for one that was £180 instead, I'd go for that, wouldn't I? I also bought a T-Pro frame instead of a Levelboss, despite, at the time, having money for a Levelboss. If people don't see enough of a difference between the two (apart from one having some different stickers), then a lot of people won't bother shelling out the extra £__ for it.

Mark's post has some if's and but's in it, (Cheap frames are all well and good, but if they're not particularly strong), time has already proved that although ZHI frames are good value, they are strong In the event of failure due to a manufacturing fault it will be replaced.

Now, you see, the thing is - I've heard that before, yet I've seen from experiences of my friends and experiences from people on here that certain distros will go to great lengths to back out of their warranties. Even remember hearing one company tell a rider that he'd apparently sand-blasted his dropouts (Despite him having to ask on here what sand-blasting was after being told he'd allegedly sand-blasted his dropouts, 'cos he literally had no idea what it was...), causing them to fail ;)

For some other company to try and make a profit out of Montys hard work, I'm affraid I cant respect a company like that.

To be honest, after their ridiculously inflated RRPs on standard, re-branded products, and continuing to sell the same weak frame at a similarly over-inflated price tag, Monty can do one.

There is no need to spend a figure approaching £500, (or more), to own a reliable, competitive frame.

Good thing you're not the main Koxx distro any more 'cos Dominique Hermance wouldn't be happy, haha.

You dont support your son??

Jeez, not even in a father like manner.

Hmmm Lol.

Joe, that’s an impertinent and personal remark, commenting on a situation that you know nothing about. You obviously have not been to a U.K. national to see how the arrangement works.

Quote Onzaboymark;

Now, you see, the thing is - I've heard that before, yet I've seen from experiences of my friends and experiences from people on here that certain distros will go to great lengths to back out of their warranties. Even remember hearing one company tell a rider that he'd apparently sand-blasted his dropouts (Despite him having to ask on here what sand-blasting was after being told he'd allegedly sand-blasted his dropouts, 'cos he literally had no idea what it was...), causing them to fail wink3.gif

Mark, honouring product warranty only becomes “uncomfortable” when a given product is unreliable. If a U.K. “distro” suffers a high failure rate they will start to wriggle, as replacing like for like will eventually get them deeper in the proverbial.

I have already stated what my policy is here and in NEWS, and I stand by that.

I also hinted in NEWS that I was considering a promotion offering owners of double disc Mod frames a discount on a ZHI/Bionic if the owner found themselves “out of warranty” for some strange reason.

So, let’s do that.

It will apply to original owners only, proof of purchase required, plus the broken frame.

I will offer a £50 discount off a frame that will retail for £275.

Fred.

Edited by NSE

So far in 2008 a ZHI frame has won every Elite national competition held in the U.K. - a 100% record

erm...i went on www.biketrialuk.co.uk and the first competition at hook woods was won on a diamondback and a monty. also i know tom won the first 2 uci rounds on his koxx.

so providing were talking about british rounds, where did you see zhi winning?

erm...i went on www.biketrialuk.co.uk and the first competition at hook woods was won on a diamondback

The bike ben is riding is a zhi, with a diamondback paint job.

And fred. to be honest. Thank f*ck i havnt been to a national, so much bullshit politics in trials. Its why trials will never get big, because people cant be arsed to get involved in it all.

why you need a formula 1 car to drive to work in? you wouldnt!!! am i right i know you may look kool turning up in one but a decent mass prodution car would do the job fine yes???

and mark you cant tell the strength of a weld by looking at it, thats why they x-ray welds in industry

and as some one who has a zhi frame it rides very nice and totally out of my own choice, i could afford to buy a £500 plus frame if i wanted one but whats the point as i wouldnt gain from it

You guys will love the geometry. Well I do!!

Both mod frames, the Bionic B-4 and B-5 have geometry specs of

1010mm wheelbase

350mm chainstays

+60mm bottombracket

(dont remember the headtube angle, but i think it was 72deg)

frames weigh in at ~1.785kg

Edited by will4eva7k

You guys will love the geometry. Well I do!!

Both mod frames, the Bionic B-4 and B-5 have geometry specs of

1010mm wheelbase

350mm chainstays

+60mm bottombracket

(dont remember the headtube angle, but i think it was 72deg)

frames weigh in at ~1.785kg

:o not sure about the BB rise, but the WB + chainstays are perfect for moi :)

Very sweet even though they are basically Monty clones. i don't really approve of cloning even though its here to stay, but if it means a more affordable sweet looking rig to the first time trials buyer, then its only a good thing for sport to develop. the timing of the olympics in bejing can only be a good thing for trials in china (Y)

come on!!, how could we respect ANY company if the one who's innovating is too expensive for almost all, and the one who makes them cheap is copying the other???

The ZHIs and other Chinese brands are made for amateurs, not just "weight weening". I like them, I do not like copying, but I can not afford a Monty because they are expensive and they break easyer.

ZHI forks are the same as ZOO, and URBAN.... PULO!