Drastic Weather Situation

Danny Kearns

CBA to read the whole thread, so sorry if someone has already said this.

Rainfall is generated by and large bt cyclic winds called Hadley cells. Theses winds move laterally over a course of 8 to 10 years. So we get wetter weather while parts of places like african gets dryer, don't worry it weather will come back, just give it time.

As for global warming, this changes the speed and distance that the Hadley cells move, so we get wetter and dryer periods for longer.

Had centre is.... well ..... not very interesting at all infact its rubbish in the most part.

http://www.netlinkaccess.com/Accounting-Degree/55465.htm Not the best example of a non bias view, but still pretty much all right. Hadcet just ignore "anomalies" on repat occasions and dont account for issues such as urbanisation.

There is more evidense that climate change is caused by solar activity than it is affected by polution.

That's not to say polution is good or doesn't matter, of course.

There is a graph which shows global temperature against solar flare activity, and there is a very strong correlation.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's wrong to try and slow down global warming, but what I really want to know is why now? For years, we've been taught about global warming, my nan told me they discussed it when she was in school (which was a god damn long time ago...) so why is it only now that we're being taught to 'reduce our carbon footprint' or 'go green'?

more rain?

We've had a little bit of flooding here in belfast. There was a new underpass opened recently on one of the motorways leading into the city but I don't think it's been designed very well.

_44930748_64a6b8ba-df2b-4720-9d05-9d3744

Not a great pic but that's what the underpass looked like yesterday. Doesn't look like much but that puddle is 40 - 50ft deep.

gordon brown is a f**k tard, he charges all new 4x4 a ton of tax yet alot of them chuck a lot less emissions out then the old cars. i work in a car engineering garage and do emissions on cars for mot's aswell. Believe me most older style cars such as the old feistas and most imports give out far more emissions then a new 4x4 or a new car would. Yet they still charge higher tax on new 4x4 and cars it pathetic, they havent thought it through at all. gordon brown needs a slap round the face.

Edited by Elmo =)

Haha, I quite like the tax on 4x4s, because they really piss me off driving around in the middle of towns. You see so many clowns who buy a range rover, stick alloys on it and lower it, so it's totally useless off-road. The thought of higher taxes for these clowns makes me warm inside (the same goes for all the mums who drive their kids to school in BMW X5s etc).

Besides, if you can afford a posh 4x4, you can probably afford to pay a bit more tax. Taxing the wealthy a higher rate is hardly news. The only real losers in this case are the people who need a 4x4. So, er, no one then?

range rover, stick alloys on it and lower it, so it's totally useless off-road. The thought of higher taxes for these clowns makes me warm inside (the same goes for all the mums who drive their kids to school in BMW X5s etc).

Haha Elmo's dad drives a range rover sport and his mum has a big 4x4 to thus the moaning then someone stright after starts caneing them haha found it funny. I personaly would rather spend the money one somthing with a smaller engine a bit quicker alot more fun and enjoy niping about you dont acctully have to break the speed limit to have fun driving imo. I will admit my mum drives a big merc ml and i personaly don't see the point as you can fit just as many people in my fiesta but she likes the feeling that everyones safe as its massive and not much chance of a normal car coming out better off due to size. I don't complain though saying that as she often pic's me up when my bikes broken and i can simply put the bike in the back with out having to take it apart and jump in the back saying that you can do that in fiestas or get a boot/roof rack. But each to there own ill never understand it but some people won't ever understand why we all bounce up and down walls on a seatless bike.

Haha, I quite like the tax on 4x4s, because they really piss me off driving around in the middle of towns. You see so many clowns who buy a range rover, stick alloys on it and lower it, so it's totally useless off-road. The thought of higher taxes for these clowns makes me warm inside (the same goes for all the mums who drive their kids to school in BMW X5s etc).

Besides, if you can afford a posh 4x4, you can probably afford to pay a bit more tax. Taxing the wealthy a higher rate is hardly news. The only real losers in this case are the people who need a 4x4. So, er, no one then?

My dad drives one of those landrovers because he goes shooting, which entails driving several gunmen and dogs to random parts of fields. He gets much higher tax, despite it being a fairly new car. He also didn't just buy it on a whim, he saved for a while for it and the amount of tax he has to pay is so high he's looking at having to change it.

My dad drives one of those landrovers because he goes shooting, which entails driving several gunmen and dogs to random parts of fields. He gets much higher tax, despite it being a fairly new car. He also didn't just buy it on a whim, he saved for a while for it and the amount of tax he has to pay is so high he's looking at having to change it.

Fair enough, but your dad is obviously in the minority. Changes in taxes always makes winners and losers, but personally I'm glad that the government are recouping more money from idiots who drive 4x4s for the hell of it. Not that I'm counting your Dad in this - it sounds like he is one of the unlucky ones but someone will always lose out, as long as it's not me I don't care. Besides, the cost of tax in terms of the annual running costs of a car is pretty small. Land Rovers aren't particularly fuel efficient anyway so I'd imagine your dad's fuel bill runs pretty high...

I actually lost out quite a lot when they changed the tax, because my car is a 1.6. If the engine was 40cc smaller, I'd save ~£80 a year on tax. D'Oh.