Drastic Weather Situation

Danny Kearns

Just been sitting here. Thinking to myself. What the fook is going on with the weather. This time in 2006, it was that hot you couldn't even breath.

2007 wasn't too bad and this is year is just f**king terriable.

What is actually going on ? were not actually having a "summer".

EDIT - I cant remember the last time i saw the weather report show straight sun for a week, In 2005/2006, its all i ever saw.

Edited by Danny Kearns

"Global warming" is the wrong phrase really, and gives a common misconception that everywhere will get warmer and we'll all be enjoying rum punches on the beach with some palm trees around.

The phrase which should be used more is "climate change", which is far better example of whats happening. Yes the earth is warming up, causing ice caps to melt ect, which is changing tidal patterns effecting rain fall ect. Theres a lot more to it than just us having nice summers.

Count you're slef lucky, i always used to bitch about the weather in england but when i moved to Northern ireland you appreciate how good it is over there :(

Seriously, i've lived here for about 2 months nowa nd we've probably had like 5 or 6 nice days and they wern't that nice in comparison to some of the hot nice days in england, seriously, you may have it bad, but i've got it worse :P

Global Warming is a shit name..They should call it "Global Weather f**k Up". Granted, it's not as short 'n' sweet..But it does get the point across.

Why? The global temperature of the earth IS warming up, and that is what is causing the problem. Just because the phrase isn't retard user friendly, doesn't mean its either shit or wrong.

I'm actually pretty pissed off with people just sitting there complaining about the weather, IT'S YOUR DAMN FAULT, do something about it rather than just moan and quote politically coined phrases.

Rich

I'm actually pretty pissed off with people just sitting there complaining about the weather, IT'S YOUR DAMN FAULT, do something about it rather than just moan and quote politically coined phrases.

Rich

Not discounting the fact that we're shitting things up. because I know we are, but what about the general weather cycles? it's not supposed to be cut and paste, the same every year, (not aimed at Danny) but people think that as soon as it differs from the past few years it's the end of the world.

Rich, you'll always have shit weather, pin some of it on nature, mankind hasn't f**ked it all up, yet...

also why is there a huge push to keep the earth as it is? the last ice age peaked about 11,000 years ago, everything we've done over the years is a blip in the grand scheme of things, not to say we're not damaging it, but that it will have changed gradually anyway.

I fully support being environmentally friendly, but don't think that by majorly altering your lifestyle that you'll be able to preserve the earth exactly as it is.

Is it only me that loves the rain :( For me rain is much better than when its sunny just because I find that when the sky is filled with clouds its much nicer looking than when its pure blue and also most of the time in a better mood when its raining.

Why? The global temperature of the earth IS warming up, and that is what is causing the problem. Just because the phrase isn't retard user friendly, doesn't mean its either shit or wrong.

Rich

Lol's we are coming out of an ice age noob. All this "yea but we are causing it to accelerate" is bollocks, how on earth do scientists think they can predict the change when they cant even predict the weather accurately. If anything we have reduced the temperature changes in comparison to history.. have a gander:

http://media.kusi.clickability.com/images/chart2.jpg

to me looks like we are doing a fine job on keeping the environment neutral =p

Lol's we are coming out of an ice age noob. All this "yea but we are causing it to accelerate" is bollocks, how on earth do scientists think they can predict the change when they cant even predict the weather accurately. If anything we have reduced the temperature changes in comparison to history.. have a gander:

http://media.kusi.clickability.com/images/chart2.jpg

to me looks like we are doing a fine job on keeping the environment neutral =p

Wurd. Global warming is a massive fail, just an excuse for shitty government to charge heigher taxs. There killing the car which saddens me massivly.

Dont bother calling me narrow minded n what not because I dont belive what you belive, my mid is made up, no amount of "omgggzzz!!11 your a n00b" will change it.

Wurd. Global warming is a massive fail, just an excuse for shitty government to charge heigher taxs. There killing the car which saddens me massivly.

Dont bother calling me narrow minded n what not because I dont belive what you belive, my mid is made up, no amount of "omgggzzz!!11 your a n00b" will change it.

omgggzzz!!11 your a n00b

Remember the end of the Ice Age?

Yeah that's right, Dinosaurs were driving around in Landrovers and leaving their PC's on all night, hence the temperature increase.

Global Warming is bollocks, it's just the earth going through another weather cycle. I'm sure the pollution we make is doing us no good, but weather changes, that's all.

And LOL at scientists suddenly saying "Erm, well, it is happening but it's on hold for 10 years". Yeah good one, who decided to put GW on hold for a bit? It's rubbish, half of these scientists say crap like this to get in the newspapers.