Nick Hobbs (hobbsie)

thefletch

Just remembered another couple of things that were truely funny. Nass 2005 i think it was. When some riders (Br3n and the Worthing crew i think) turned the inside of his tent around,\ so when he came back and went to go to bed he opened the outer zip and was faced with the white internal netting of his tent, he went nuts, accusing everyone but it was so funny, and as angry as he seemed you could tell he found it found too.

Another incident from then was when a load of us went to the Goddard region of the camp site and Hobbsie and Adrian someone i think, were play fighting and Hobbsie got picked up and thrown straight threw some random tent, snapping all the poles and shit inside it, f**king funny stuff.

fletch

Just remembered another couple of things that were truely funny. Nass 2005 i think it was. When some riders (Br3n and the Worthing crew i think) turned the inside of his tent around,\ so when he came back and went to go to bed he opened the outer zip and was faced with the white internal netting of his tent, he went nuts, accusing everyone but it was so funny, and as angry as he seemed you could tell he found it found too.

Another incident from then was when a load of us went to the Goddard region of the camp site and Hobbsie and Adrian someone i think, were play fighting and Hobbsie got picked up and thrown straight threw some random tent, snapping all the poles and shit inside it, f**king funny stuff.

fletch

What about when he shoved a raw sausage in brens disc! Boy was a true legend!

R.I.P mate

Last time i saw him was in Lennons in southampton, he came in and my pretty dull night imediately sparked up, as did it for Joe (who shares my account), Morganic (unicycle rider) mate Lennon and Matt also, he had that carism about him that couldnt be ignored and whatever he done it made you smile.

I thank god SO MUCH for that night. Was just shear randomness that we bumped into him that night. We were just stood near the bar for about half hour hugging and telling each other how much we loved each other. Kinda feels like it was my goodbye to him...

Joe

Edited by thefletch

What about when he shoved a raw sausage in brens disc! Boy was a true legend!

R.I.P mate

and toothpaste all inside porters tent after he decided he wasnt sleeping in his because of the sausage everywhere in his!

great memories of a legendary guy :)

Ben

Honestly Nass 2005 was one of thre most enjoyable weekends of my life and Im pretty sure that was majorly because of hobbsie...

He first spoke to me "hello 2u" many moons ago asking about how to 180 up a wall, some 5+ years ago i'd imagine! Out of all the riders that have died id briefly met two of them but I feel I actually knew hobbsie and hes someone i'd always have a laugh with no matter what the situation.

such a shame, I hope his family can get a chance to read these posts and realise what people thought about him.

br3ncpo :

Edited by br3n

At times like this it is important you remember the good times you shared with Nick. Memories will be so important to his family and friends so keep sharing them with each other.

Our thoughts are with everyone who knew him and especially his family.

Take care of yourselves. As you can see life is like a flame, a light one second and out the next.

Lots of love

Sue, Charlie, Adam and Sam (DJ's family) :deej::bunny::deej:

Got a text from callum the other day telling me that hobbsie had been killed. I was like S**t please be lying so i came on here and read this.

For what i know of hobbsie he was a ledg-end. So fun to be with. can remember riding with him on the DJ in Pompey this year. that was the last time i had seen him and cant believe he is gone.

R.I.P hobbsie you will be missed

x

:(:(

Ahahaha, he kept blaming Porter for it too as we quietly sat on the picnic bench we had borrowed after Hobbsie was like, "wouldnt it be cool to steal a picnic bench", as we all looked at each other, walked over and just picked up this bench and walked off. :lol:

fletch

Ahahaha, then the people came back and we was like, er, sorry! haha.

Amazing. :)

His parents came down to where the crash was and told us they want everyone there who knew him at his funeral.

There arnt any dates yet but theres going to be a theme which relates to hobbsie.

As soon as i find the dates out ill let you know.

Im not sure his parents have seen this yet but alot of his close friends were amazed at how many people he knew and just what an impact he had in trials to who he knew.

If anyone has any videos with nick in it could they post them up or send them to me, because im going to make a video (unless someone else wants to?) with all the riding of nick in it and give a copy to his parents.

Its still weird and hasnt sunk in yet but his parents and sisters are coping verywell.

If anyone wants to pay there respects there is a 'memorial' near the crash, and there is a book which is open for anyone to sign. Its in warsash opposite the silver fern pub.

xx

Posting this on behalf of Pete Wright.

Truly lost for words here. I keep asking my self when this will end, the loss of all these great friends, riders and general people we know. Sad fact is it’ll never stop. However the big park in the sky is now filling with some of the funniest guys we have come to call friends and fellow riders. I caught wind of the news when I saw Joe’s MSN name and though nah that aint right. I took it up on my self to look here and was sadly confronted by the news. I knew Nick via the forum and had rode with him after Dj’s Funeral and a few times there after. Chatted away online be it the forum or MSN. We bitched like no tomorrow but he could bitch with style! I loved his comments in any video he was in as well as on the forum. I hope he is at rest with the other guys, probs with some wild comment about us all mopping about the place.

My Fav video with him is Pompy. He’s in the car with Porter and a Subway. Shouts out to some guy call Lee I think it is and then some random out burst of ‘’We are homosapiense’’ which is Nick all over! Starts around 1:40 in the video. Video is the one with Rowan on the Blue thing going up the small wall time and time again then bails! I have it should anyone wish for it!

I know I’m no longer a member here nor liked that much possibly but as I knew Nick via ridding I wanted to pay some sort of respect to him hence my post. I would also like to show my face on the day to give him a send off but only if it seas right.

Ride the sky and may you rest in peace Hobbs. You shall never be forgotten as every saying still makes us laugh and cry.

Pete Wright & family

Do you reckon someone who is going to attend the funeral should print out this thread and take it on the day? Could be given to his family or put into the book that's been mentioned?

I have one concern...I hope his family are prepared for the number of people that attend...I can see there being **** loads!!

Joe

Dam thats harsh!!

Not seen him for a long time, as everyones already said he was always laughing and joking, never with anything bad to say about anyone. A true loss!

Two memories that sping to mind are his Phones 4 U antics that I'm sure everyone who knew him will remember and bundleing onto Porter x4 after a big stack off a skip.........................

R.I.P

James (swindon)

Edited by screamer

just been to the site where the accident happened and i was over welmed by the amount flowers and tributes hat have been left for nick in just couple of days.

was really sad to see the amount of comments left there.

there was even a few bike parts left there which probally used to belong to him.

rip mate

just been to the site where the accident happened and i was over welmed by the amount flowers and tributes hat have been left for nick in just couple of days.

was really sad to see the amount of comments left there.

there was even a few bike parts left there which probally used to belong to him.

rip mate

Hopefully going to where the accident happened tomorrow or Saturday. To go pay my respects to hobbsie.

Hopefully going to where the accident happened tomorrow or Saturday. To go pay my respects to hobbsie.

dude, this may seem abit odd, but could you grab a couple of pics of the memorial? i'd love to go myself but its a fair trek from here! also any news about the funeral yet?

Ben