New Products From Heatsinkbikes.com

Heatsink

Hi,

It's a time for new arrivals :)

mk3arrival800.jpg

sidehigh800.jpg

sidelow800.jpg

Available to buy here:http://www.heatsinkbikes.com/?p=veeadapters

And through all HeatsinkBikes dealers around the world.

• The only adapters for 4 bolt frames to feature FOUR mounting positions each side to make sure you find your perfect set-up!
  • NEW: Unlock increased braking power* via the 4th mounting position which moves the pad down the slot towards the arm pivot.
  • Life time guarantee against failure due to materials or manufacture.
  • Revised 3D geometry makes these significantly stronger than the Mk2 around the 3 hole region
  • Full edge chamfers all around to be kind to your ankles
  • Fully machined in the UK to very precise tolerances from solid billet.
  • Super Shiny Hand polished 6086-T6 Heat Treated Aluminium Base
  • Bright Nickel plated custom steel boss.
  • Weight saving cavity machined into underside
  • "H" logo engraved on so it won't rub off
  • Comes complete with all M5 fixing bolts needed
  • 99g weight for both adapters fitted.

* Depending on your frame & wheel set-up

Also, we've got some new brake pad set-ups for our backing family:

HSBpads4.jpg

^ HeatsinkBikes Pad Backings

New compounds as approved and used by Aurelien Fontenoy (World Jr Champion)

june0819.jpg

june0816.jpg

june0823.jpg

june0817.jpg

More photos and details & ordering of the revised pad range can be found here: http://www.heatsinkbikes.com/?p=brakepads

Many thanks to our customers for their patience and best wishes recently for the birth of our new baby girl!

Best wishes!

Steve@heatsinkbikes.com

the adaptors do look cool BUT they look very tall! My goal has always been to get the brake as close to the frame as possible, less flex and looks much nicer (I always get the piss taken for having "scaffolding" on the back of my bike :giggle: )

Also, am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with the mounts lower than the 4 bolts? sure the pads near the top of the slot but I can just wind the speed dial adjuster on my avid lever to bring the leverage back to normal.

the adaptors do look cool BUT they look very tall! My goal has always been to get the brake as close to the frame as possible, less flex and looks much nicer (I always get the piss taken for having "scaffolding" on the back of my bike :giggle: )

Also, am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with the mounts lower than the 4 bolts? sure the pads near the top of the slot but I can just wind the speed dial adjuster on my avid lever to bring the leverage back to normal.

i think having the mount at the same position as the fourbolt reduces flex in the mount (something i have never really noticed) but alot of people have commented on it apparantly

It also helps mod riders use vee's ;)

...when I rode a Python, I had to use very worn out Creepy Crwalers so the noodle/cable didn't catch on the treads - so the bottom mount would of helped loads!

Thanks for all your comments so far. (Y) I'm really glad that the improvements and the realisation is well received :)

Into this design I've incorporated all the little tweaks which have appeared on the radar since the Mk2s first came out almost 2 1/2 years ago (Mk2s were released on the 25th April '06 it says on the front page of my website!) I get quite direct contact with riders which is really beneficial to help spotting those small changes which really matter as well as the major new features which make the headlines and raise a product above the rest.

post-201-1221168666_thumb.jpg

I'm really chuffed with the extra mounting arrangement, and the machining and finish improvements. A particular good point for me is the improved strength. I must admit to it disappointing me to hear of some Mk2s breaking near the 3 hole region, the same highly stressed point which caused the Bonz adapters to break. I could ascertain in these cases of Mk2 breakage that there was some seriously huge riding going down! Although the breakage rate was very low, to the point that some may judge it acceptable, I strongly took it to heart that a future version needed to be even stronger, rather than skimpier. Alot of time was spent refining the geometry to address this, noticing that when trying a variety of brake arms there was scope to increase the radius between the two levels and beef up the Alu in the right direction to pump up the strength considerably.

On the brake pads, Aurelien Fontenoy was trying a variety of HSB compounds whilst competing against the likes of the Coustelliers on the French Competition circuit. He got uncharacteristically excited about one compound and bearing in mind that I had been offering him the Coust pads and he asked for more pads in this new HSB compound over them, it's praise indeed!

At the same time as the compound improvement, I've finally got the refills side of things nailed to ensure availability.

june0822.jpg

Looking forward to more of your comments and thoughts as always,

Steve

Nice one Steve. I'm guessing you've already thought about the adapters having a built in booster. I mean just a whole 1 piece design to avoid having to use another booster on top. Like Ali says it can be a bit much, all that metal sitting on the frame.

Hi!

Yes it's an interesting idea, and one that I spent a while exploring. Nothing solid came of it though. Ontop of the extra design complexity, the additional material & machining would be a significant extra cost for my UK manufacture which would push the RRP out of the feasible realm. A shame really, but it's an eternal challenge to keep my business head straight even when intriguing ideas are compelling me for manufacture no matter what!

As I create more time for my website improvements I've got some interesting but rejected product ideas which I could put up as food for thought. Interesting CAD models and such. If they're not a match for HSB then who knows, all may not be lost. They could help spark off some more ideas which evolve Trials products further. It's nice to be able to help in a small way with the improvement of Trials components

Must get off to bed - I will probabily be back on baby calming duty at about 3am :)

Steve

Hi!

Yes it's an interesting idea, and one that I spent a while exploring. Nothing solid came of it though. Ontop of the extra design complexity, the additional material & machining would be a significant extra cost for my UK manufacture which would push the RRP out of the feasible realm. A shame really, but it's an eternal challenge to keep my business head straight even when intriguing ideas are compelling me for manufacture no matter what!

As I create more time for my website improvements I've got some interesting but rejected product ideas which I could put up as food for thought. Interesting CAD models and such. If they're not a match for HSB then who knows, all may not be lost. They could help spark off some more ideas which evolve Trials products further. It's nice to be able to help in a small way with the improvement of Trials components

Must get off to bed - I will probabily be back on baby calming duty at about 3am :)

Steve

That's what i thought. It would be a rather big lump of metal to use/ waste i guess.

It wouldn't be a waste of material though. Someone buys some V-adaptors, then has too much flex so buys a booster as well, an all-in-one would actually be quite handy and result in less material being needed in the long run. Again the price can be slightly higher as in effect you are offering 2 products merged together. As long as it wasnt any more than someone buying Adaptors and a booster in one transaction, it could work. With careful machining to keep weight to a minimum whilst maintaining strength, who knows, could prove to be very popular. Would save the added height in running V-adaptors, then a V-brake, then a bosster on top of that.

What about running a 4 bolt booster under the brake adapters?

Steve, I'm trying to figure out the extra mount position... On the top one, the 4 bolt mount would line up with the 3 bottom holes on the adapters... But if you mounted it on the lower hole on the adapter, where would you bolt the bottom of it?

I'm probably being stupid (tired!) but I can't see it? :huh: