Nye 08!

Jaffacakes

See i made the decision a couple of weeks ago that i wasnt going clubbing, i did 16/17/18 out, and 19 at the GF's at the time, and 20 in, and ill be honest NYE out is a total waste of an early night.so was thinking pub and then back to mine like 1/2. job done...but im now rethinking that to stay in and chill out. my reasoning for this

1) clubbing is expensive,for whats a pretty poor night. sure its busy, but its a bit too busy,queing for an hour for the bogs no thanks, 10 deeps at the bar no thanks, £4.80 a pint no thanks.

2) Getting home wont happen, If I actually managed to get a taxi the 12 miles back home, the driver would want £50+ for it.

3) If i dont get a taxi, i cant just crash at a mates and roll back on the bus/train tomorrow, as theres like 0.3 trains all day.

4) I dont dare drive tomorrow as the police will be out in super force, and I kind of could do with driving tomorrow.

So I thought the local pub, 20 minute walk home, but meh, itd do, then i realised, its kind of always semi full of middle aged or older jobless idiots who live in the council estates.and just drink in there all day every day,normally its empty enough to get some space and not have to listen to them chat mecca about smartprice chicken, the cost of supertennants,how janice at number 23 is a bit of a slag, and how they all know the second man on the balcony in the iranian embassy siege. Tonight, itll be full of them, theyll of been drinking all day, and there will be less regular folks with jobs and ambitions and the like there, as theyll of found somewhere more uppermarket to drink.

going to a small gathering with beer spirits fags and food, playing on the wii fit and mario kart on the wii like i have done for the past 2 days, and then knowing me go out riding pissed out my head and stack it really bad and pass out in the middle of the road or in a bush

Everyone knows that if you don't go out for new years then you just stay in checking out posts on TF. Cool man!

Yea i know, i really wanna go out, just somewhere not to busy, with no d*ckheads(well apart from me), think im probably gunna be a sucker, and end up in the pub despite not wanting to go with a passion.

i'm off to play a set in a mates front room, like all the cool kids do. Then we pack away, leaving the PA up and change the music from Pocket Rockets alternative stuff to some dirty drum n bass. I'm really looking forward to it, haven't played live in ages and playing to room full of people who are far too f**ked up is always more fun than any other time! Enjoy everyone

- The club that let me in for free 2 days ago are charging 25 pounds for a ticket.. for the same venue, where it will be just as packed as 2 days ago, when any drink was 2 pounds it will now be more like 5 pounds for the same thing - I figured this was a massive con, and i would just go out next Monday, or Tuesday when its pound a pint.

- Everybody makes a point of going out even those who don't want to - last year there were loads of fights and anger by older people, this was very annoying, and police were everywhere (not that this is a bad thing but just kinda ruins the atmosphere of the evening)

- Transport - what transport? I know the underground is running all night, but good luck ever finding a bus anyway let alone on newyears eve / and even if you phone a taxis rank, they will just do a pre-recorded annoying laugh, saying "yea good luck ever getting a taxis you f**k up"

WERD

I'm doing this...

nyedsidb2.jpg

funnily enough i'd been thinking about venturing out of portsmouth and seeing you, but its a bit far for a last minute plan

Well that was as crap as expected, was rammed, so i had like 3 pints all night. Went out to speak to fish on the phone(marital dispute, were still together) and it took me 15 minutes to get back in. Was full of drunken idiots, And its way too cold to walk home in a tee and a jacket.

Possibly the most miserable person you could meet right now.