Carphone Warehouse!

Ducko

went to upgrade my phone the other day,

got an iphone happy days been using the internet everywhere ever since,

got the bill through 199 pound!!!

went to the store and asked why i had the bill?

-he said you used your old sim card in the i phone,

i was like yeah the guy said use my old one until my number was transfered to my new sim, and also said i can use the internet on the move still as my contract had been upgraded.

he said, ah you should have waited until you new sim was active,

i was like well its no good telling me now is it!!!

so im in a big dispute at the moment with them and i seem to be getting no where.

the reason i have the bill is because there staff dont know what there talking about!

does anyone know how to take this further??

200 quid is alot of money!

incompetant fools,

oh and by the way.. after sales service with carphone warehouse is appauling dont buy off the theifing gits!

cheers bouncy boys!

I have done EXACTLY the same thing when i got my iPhone. used my old sim card for 4 days until the new one was activated and I got a bill a few months later for just over £200.

I had to pay it there was no way I could prove he said use my old sim card so ended up coughing up the cash for the theiving f**ks.

Hope you have better luck than I did mate

I upgraded my contract to one a few weeks ago and never even got a new sim card. But yesterday went in store to swap it for a 3G sim as mine didn't support 3G.

I struggle to see why a new sim card is even required if your an existing o2 customer.

I've been with O2 for 9 maybe 10 years now and never had 1 problem with them, in fact I would probably reccomend them to people.

When was your new contract applicable from, and when you say new sim was it a new number or just a different sim? If you have been using your phone from a date on or after the date the new contract became applicable it shouldn't matter which sim you use as long as its the same number.

Frooty

yeah well as far as i see it the contract has a date on it and has been signed by myself and the dude from the shop,

it also states the contract is attached to my phone number not the sim card so really they dont have a leg to stand on,

i might even go as far as small claims court useless monkey rapists

Just don't pay, a verbal contract is binding, let them take you to court if they have a problem, they wont because it isn't worth it. I think carphone warehouse are utter pants, i got a bill ages ago on a contract i wasn't even using, i phoned up and said i wasn't going to pay, they said i had to, i said if thy wanted me to pay they would have to take m to court where they would have to prove i had used it. I hung up stopped the direct debit and never got another bill.

just kick up a fuss, ask for there head office number, the area managers email name and number and say you will take this further also ask there names because it includes them into it so they are more likely to try help you out.

tried most of the above i have threatend them with court action next lets see what they say!

They will probably offer you a reduced fee for a start - which if you decline I'd imagine they'll wipe it all together. Although small claims isn't anything big for them, with the current state of england, I doubt they want to be losing any users/potential users through bad post.

Good luck with getting the money sorted man - they shouldn't be allowed to do that!

:)

assuming your with o2, all iphone tarrifs have free unlimited internet access surely?

otherwise, im sure youll be able to back out of the contract within a certain period of time, pretty shitty if that time has elapsed. I'd suggest phoning them and asking them all your options, they are the only ones that know seeing as they are making the rules, which you probobly should have read before you got it.

listening to some willy who is getting paid commission for every contract he sells and loosing none for every comlaint is probobly the thickest thing you could ever do.

How is that phone? Im on a waiting list for 2-3 weeks for my one because there so bloody popular atm.

in a word, a hyphen, then another word : sh*t-hot. I got mine a while back now, 2 mates have bought them after playing with mine, it just feels really sorted,a real nice touchscreen, internets good on it, iplayers a neat but useless little feature, the fact you can turn it into a wireless router is cool too.

In related news, I went for a contract with O2 the other day, thinking they'd wiped me debt off because of a dispute but they hadn't.

The guy said we can't give you a contract because you still owe us £295. I said "Oh right" and walked out lol.

I'm not going to pay it, ever.

in a word, a hyphen, then another word : sh*t-hot. I got mine a while back now, 2 mates have bought them after playing with mine, it just feels really sorted,a real nice touchscreen, internets good on it, iplayers a neat but useless little feature, the fact you can turn it into a wireless router is cool too.

What he said. I've had mine a month ish now and can't fault it much at all. The ONLY thing I find is that texting is harder than it could be, but that's mainly because my thumbs are fat and I like to be able to feel the edges of buttons, even when looking. That is a proper minor gripe though and wouldn't stop me getting another one if this died.