New Ashtons

Ross McArthur

Frames look nice , but cheep to me , finishing on themand the welds look a bit naff if im honest , but who am i to say .

intersting how the effct was using the disc mount/drop out that was the same as the kot ms2 on the pre launh model and not now , yet the justice is .... anyone else notice that?

sure they ride a beast though .

x

Frames look nice , but cheep to me , finishing on themand the welds look a bit naff if im honest , but who am i to say .

intersting how the effct was using the disc mount/drop out that was the same as the kot ms2 on the pre launh model and not now , yet the justice is .... anyone else notice that?

sure they ride a beast though .

x

The Justice disc mount is in an interesting spot it has to be said.

Speaking to Rowan last week in Bristol the Effects are still going ahead....so i don't know where you heard that from! Dropouts on the Effect and Justice are the same, a la Kot. The welds look fine on the frames i've seen, certainly no worse than those on 99% of other trials manufacturers frames.

Closure frame, i beleive is Sam Pilgrim's dirt jump frame.

Pretty bad move considering those are the same dropouts as used on the KOT which were infamous for cracking before they added reinforcement struts to the driveside too?

Although tubing thickness will have been a factor.

Other than the historically dubious dropouts I quite like them, even the graphics.

EDIT: Just noticed the prices. Good effort Ashton!!!

braces on both sides ... All good ...

and yes - a week or less and they will be available to buy :)

Are the effects gunna have the little stump on the seat tube for a shifter like what was on the protos Rowan?

That was Rowan's own little addition. I discussed it with him, and he said he'd ended up using part of a carbon handlebar and a shitload of epoxy resin. I think it came off a few times though.

For anyone thinking of doing it, I'd suggest an alu handlebar stub and chemical metal.

Edited by Revolver