Echo Now Catering For The 24" Riders!

RossMcd

i hope one has tgs geo (L)

Exactly my thoughts!! Would love to see deng come out with something original :)

Unfortunately NO...

If U read in the echo page, the bottom bracket than they design for the 24 frames, is NOT RECOMENDED FOR TRIALS...

The fork have the same geo than a 26 fork....WTF???

I think than the deng frames are going to be for street-trials...

and P-L-E-A-S-E DENG, do parts for 24 trials bikes, not 26 parts adapted to 24...

sorry to keep pestering, but are they 135 or 116 spacing?? and horizontal or vertical? and disc tab?

135 vertical, I think there may be a disc frame available (since there are new 135mm disc rear hubs 'Available soon' on the price list) but not definite...

Is that, order for all fo that, or for just the rims?

We'll be getting all the new parts on this delivery (Y)

Yes, there will be a few 24" frames around, Adamant, Echo and I think Czar. They will be sold with this new bb pre-fitted. So if you want a frame like that, you have to go ISIS which I think is a good thing. Square taper should die a slow and painful death.

+1

Square taper BB's are shit and heavy and cannot transmit as much torque.

I think that this is the way to go with BB, like the BMX ones, no more f**ked threads and much easier to fit.

Matt

Depending on the stats, it may be possible that a BMX BB bearing might fit it? What diameter is the spindle for the 'usual' kinda BB, as I'm assuming they'd get an off-the-shelf bearing for it rather than having one custom made?

RE: Geo - to be fair, every Inspired I've ridden has felt reasonably TGS. They're not exactly fully streety (In the old trials sense of the word, rather than the way that everyone calls TGS 'street' now to make it sound less whack :P), especially compared to some Leesons I've ridden. Jon Granger's Inspired felt pretty much like a slightly shorter stock. I don't fully understand why you'd want a 24" TGS rig anyway, like what advantages you think there'd be for it compared to a stock? The whole point is that 24"ers are smaller and flickier to make them better for tricks 'n' shit, rather than being barges.

Depending on the stats, it may be possible that a BMX BB bearing might fit it?

The main difference I can see between BMX and trials setups is the material though... Pressing bearings into a steel shell you're fairly safe that you won't damage the shell much and it would take lots of BB changes to show any real wear on the shell itself. Trials frames are traditionally made of fairly soft aluminium and when you start shoving a hardened steel bearing race into that you're going to run a very real risk of damaging the shell and causing major problems surely?

Definitely interested to see what else Deng's got in the pipeline though...

Yeah, but I meant that there's no material difference between the Echo BB bearings and a normal BMX BB bearing, so if a BMX BB bearing will fit in, you can save yourself about £50 from the ridiculous price Echo want for their BB.

And yeah, that's what I was saying about post-weld machining too. The fit is super important, so if it's a shitty-made shell then you're screwed.

I don't fully understand why you'd want a 24" TGS rig anyway, like what advantages you think there'd be for it compared to a stock? The whole point is that 24"ers are smaller and flickier to make them better for tricks 'n' shit, rather than being barges.

It would just be a compromise of mod and stock..

Mods are even smaller than 24's but not many people do spinny stuff on them...

It would just be a compromise of mod and stock..

Mods are even smaller than 24's but not many people do spinny stuff on them...

Personally, I think that's because they have pretty weird handling, seeing as the bars are so far in front of the wheel.

I could 360 bunnyhop my mod reasonably easily - the reason most people don't do spins on them is 'cos everyone loves having a lower front end, it seems. If you raise it up a bit, it's fine. Regardless - they always feel more of a stock than a mod, simply because they're built more like a stock than a mod. It'll never be a compromise, and there doesn't really need to be one. The majority of 24's I've ridden have felt like they've pretty much got the worst of both worlds when they've been made to be more 'pure trials' rather than streetier.

I hope everyone starts working out that you don't have to run some f**king hideous massive seat on 24" bikes. Those ones look shite, and most XC race style seats on them just look gash. That whole "seat-post pointing forwards, mega long razor seat" look is toss, every single time.

Looking promising.

So the Echo is going to lean more towards street, adamant is going towards TGS by the looks of things. Still, both of their BB's are to effin high for me and the steerer tube anlges are a bit slack for me too. Still, they would look alright if they sorted the bar/stem and seat out.