Echo Now Catering For The 24" Riders!

RossMcd

I don't doubt it but that doesn't help the fact that people have been awaiting the 'imminent' arrival of the Effect for months and I imagine a lot of those people are going to have decided to just go and buy and Inspired or Deng. Last I heard it was component specs on the complete's that were holding up the Ashton's but the frames should've been available for the past few months. At this rate Onza will have released a fashionable replacement for the Zoot before the final Effects land...

I know what you mean about 24s, but it's all in the stem! Everyone goes for stems that are too long on their 24s and they do ride really sluggish, and nowhere near BMXy for spinnier stuff. Stan boshed an 85x20 stem on his Echo and it feels amazing. I could just get on it and it almost felt as good as my BMX for techier, spinnier lines. I'd defo recommend trying a shorter stem on a 24 before you criticise them all.

On Spec 1 - 3, yes. However, you're free to ask to change the stem if you want, as far as I know. Think it says on there somewhere how they're basically just suggested specs, so you can make alterations if you want. That sort of stem is a compromise between trials and BMX, just because you never really know how someone's going to want to ride it. There's no getting around the fact that the PZ31 (or whatever it's called) stem Stan runs does kinda dull the trials side of things a bit - although you can still ride trials on it - so to keep it more neutral feeling it comes with that stem on.

Was talking to Joe Seddon about an Onza 24" a lil while ago, he's got a proto frame but i think Onza decided that the market was far too small with too many good products out or about to be released, so as far as he knew it wasn't going to happen.

Regards to the Effect, Rowan keeps telling me the end of this month, but that most likely means the new year.

On Spec 1 - 3, yes. However, you're free to ask to change the stem if you want, as far as I know. Think it says on there somewhere how they're basically just suggested specs, so you can make alterations if you want.

Yep, exactly (Y)

Just what I was looking for :)

I was aware that you can chop and change the specs, just seemed a little odd that since they ride so much better with a short stem that a lanky thing would be put on as standard

It's personal preference though - I (and everyone else I know) find it very hard to ride 'trials' on an Inspired with a 70mm stem, so a new rider choosing a bike with this setup would be put off instantly. The most fundamental move that they want to learn first is the backhop, and such a short stem makes it really hard. I know the bike is pretty expensive as a complete but we do find that it's mainly beginners who buy them.

I do agree that there should be another spec though, a streetier one (semi slicks, short stem, 22T chainring, etc), just a matter of getting time to build one.........................

Was talking to Joe Seddon about an Onza 24" a lil while ago, he's got a proto frame but i think Onza decided that the market was far too small with too many good products out or about to be released, so as far as he knew it wasn't going to happen.

Onza thrives on small markets. We actively seek out small markets in the hope that we can make them big. How big was the 20" trials market in 1999 when we first entered it? We introduced the Zoot several years ago and that ran its course although I still get regular phone calls asking if we can supply one. We have actively researched and worked in the 24" market for many years and will continue to do so. We produced the first prototype Inspired frame for Dave Cleaver to his drawings. We have always considered 24" to have a huge scope for growth. Watch this space.

Onza thrives on small markets. We actively seek out small markets in the hope that we can make them big. How big was the 20" trials market in 1999 when we first entered it? We introduced the Zoot several years ago and that ran its course although I still get regular phone calls asking if we can supply one. We have actively researched and worked in the 24" market for many years and will continue to do so. We produced the first prototype Inspired frame for Dave Cleaver to his drawings. We have always considered 24" to have a huge scope for growth. Watch this space.

Apologies, remind me never to listen to Joe ever again!